[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: We discuss the death of Angular Object.observe and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: angular.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
angular.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>ITT: We discuss the death of Angular

Object.observe and Array.observe have been removed from the ECMA7 standard, which means Microsoft/Apple/Mozilla won't implement them.

>https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2015-November/044684.html
>https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Object/observe

Angular 2.0 is completely different from Angular 1.0, with the only advantage being better performance brought on by using Object.observe for two way data binding.

Don't weep, this is the end to
>Shit performance due to two way data binding
>Horribly painful bugs due to side effects or lack therof
>Long load times do to every fucking module needing to be loaded at runtime
>Google employee's shitty attitude toward bugs and general arrogance
>The fact that google insists on using it's own standards instead of using commonjs or ECMA6 modules
>Google not giving a shit about backwards compatibility
>>
>>51551020
Angular was dead long before this.
>>
>>51551020
>the only advantage being better performance brought on by using Object.observe

The angular two team already abandoned O.o() due to performance concerns earlier this year.
>>
Im a total noob when it comes to angular. Whats the real world use of this JS framework?
>>
>>51551554
Yea I'm sure their "super fast comparison algorithm" will act predictable just like dirty checking.
>>
File: BCuQglT.gif (849KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
BCuQglT.gif
849KB, 500x400px
>>51552582
>>
>>51552504
building responsive modular web apps that make use of cloud technology in a robust way :^)
>>
>>51552504
two way data binding is the main selling point of angular.
If a user changes something in the UI, it changes the data. If the data changes, the UI changes.
This is all great until one of these two don't work and you find yourself digging through the angular source code wonder why THE FUCKING HELL ANGULAR.COPY KICKS OFF A FULL SCAN OF ALL YOUR MODELS.
LIKE FUCKING SHIT, COPY KIND OF IMPLIES ONE THING, COPY THIS FUCKING THING.
Angular basically works by scanning every model and every ui component every time something changes.
Inb4 you can configure it not too.
A FRAMEWORK SHOULD WORK WELL OUT OF THE BOX. NOT DO STUPID SHIT OUT OF THE BOX.
Yes, I'm mad.
Moved to React and finally feel like in control of things instead of angular doing everything.
>>
File: genie-derp-face.jpg (56KB, 1205x881px) Image search: [Google]
genie-derp-face.jpg
56KB, 1205x881px
>>51552504
>Whats the real world use of this JS framework?
To insure further development by applying a layered hierarchy to a code base and to facilitate maximizing resource usage to it's potential ceiling.
>>
>>51552730
So Angular does all that from the client side? How is the data being handlednby the servera? Im using PHP, so can i combine the two? How can you use a PHP framework f.e. Laravel in combination with Angular?
>>
bumping this thread for interest. what js frameworks would you /g/uys recommend learning? i already know html css jquery and can write basic javascript programs
>>
>>51553144
Replace jQuery with 0-3 function(s) and use straight JavaScript.
>>
My study is teaching us AngularJS.
Is this a waste of time, or is learning AngularJS still worth it/still useful enough?
>>
>>51553144
none, just learn more javascript
>>
>>51551020
>ECMA7 standard, which means Microsoft/Apple/Mozilla won't implement them.
>Mozilla
Don't they literally implement all kinds of nonstandard shit?
>>
>>51553265
yes, like let declarations, let only works in the block it's in.

for example:
if (something) {
let a = 2;
console.log(a); // 2
}

console.log(a); //error

in ES6 standard, let works like this:

if (something) {
let another = 1;
something++;
let a = 2;
something--;
if (a) {
console.log(a + another);
}
}

The problem with this is the implicit nature of the hijacking of block scoping.
In my opinion, there needs to be implicit structures in code, like the following:

if (something) {
something++;
let (a = 2) {
something--;
if (a) {
let (another = 1) {
console.log(a + another);
}
}
}
}
>>
>>51553265
Yes, they implement useless nonstandard shit while completely ignoring standard shit. Despite promoting themselves as HTML5 creators. Fucking global canvas operation for darken was removed and marked as won't fix because other browsers implement same method differently. Not to mention how firefox has small js differences from other browsers. You have to check if it's compatible with FF because you know that at least it works the same on IE and Chrome. And I'm not even starting about abysmal 3D performance.
>>
>>51552977
You don't.
>>
Why use Angular when you can use React?
>>
So happy I chose ember over this crap
>>
>>51551020
YES FINALLY
>>
File: demo.jpg (186KB, 1137x542px) Image search: [Google]
demo.jpg
186KB, 1137x542px
>>51552977

I did a small side-project at work a few months ago using Angular and Laravel to provide a limited front-end to JIRA, so that clients could see limited amounts of information on their tickets in a more user-friendly way with eye candy and a simpler search interface.

JIRA API = backend
PHP/Laravel = interface with backend via chobie module; custom-written module to apply business logic via chobie, then presents a simplified API that allows limited functionality as defined by business needs
Angular = front-end, consumes laravel API to implement the ticket browser and perform search operations, etc
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.