[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Libreboot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: libreboot_inside.jpg (128KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
libreboot_inside.jpg
128KB, 700x465px
Some nice tutorial of how installing libreboot? Also, Libreboot thread, I guess
>>
>>51549835
>caring about freedom
Stop it. Just give in to proprietary software. We already lost. Now let's just stop caring and enjoy proprietary software. If you still want to remove stock bios i recommend core booy. It has better support. I guess.
>>
>>51550565
>caring about freedom
>Stop it. Just give in to proprietary software.

Holy shit, that's the most fascist thing I've read today. Stop caring about freedom? What's wrong with you, man?
>>
>>51550565
nice fatalistic binary thinking
>>
>>51550565
These kind of people end up going nowhere in life because they'd rather give up on what they believe in when things get difficult.
>>
>>51551285
So, because I feel that the free software movement is a waste, and I use proprietary software no problem, I will go far in life?
>>
>>51550565
not everyone who like free software outright refuses to use any proprietary software

i have a strong preference for free software, but will use proprietary software when there is no (feasable) alternative
>>
>>51551808
My point was that the path of least resistance is not always ideal.
>>
I've been thinking of getting a Thinkpad X200 with Libreboot, but I just might end up getting a "normal" one and flashing it myself. Saw a guide on how to do it through a Raspberry Pi. Seems scary, though.
>>
>>51553709
>I've been thinking of getting a Thinkpad X200 with Libreboot, but I just might end up getting a "normal" one and flashing it myself. Saw a guide on how to do it through a Raspberry Pi. Seems scary, though.

the pi isn't consistent as any person who has flashed one with a pi will tell you, but it's not scary at all

I flashed a t500 which is significantly more involved than an x200 because so much of the laptop has to be disassembled to get to the chip, so long as you make sure to read the docs and don't connect live before connecting ground you'll be fine

>>51549835
>Some nice tutorial of how installing libreboot?

the libreboot docs
>>
>>51551285
this
>>
>>51553764
How much time it took to dump the factory bios and flash the new bios with the pi? Tried with a bus pirate and each dump took about half hour (and all I got was bad dumps, I must have used too long wires)
>>
>>51550565
just try NSA. I'm not going to become a slave to the reptilians who control everything.
>>
Using a bought x200 from Libreboot. With an SSD and an american keyboard I swapped it does great. Just don't expect it do more than run anything more powerful than a PSX emulator.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.