[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought a gaming computer (I promise I'm totally not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: intro-top-mobile-1.jpg (41KB, 768x372px) Image search: [Google]
intro-top-mobile-1.jpg
41KB, 768x372px
Just bought a gaming computer (I promise I'm totally not a Razer shill) and I need a sound system before I make any more upgrades. Sky's the limit but I'm using an Omaker portable speaker connected to an aux cable. I saw the promotion for the Razer Leviathan, it's on sale for 179.99 with free shipping on NewEgg. What are your experiences with sound system and what should I be looking for in term of quality over cost?
>>
Bumping, I'd like to make a purchase tonight.
>>
>>51548802
the question is, what do you need a soundsystem for?

listening to music at your desK?
creating music/doing mixes/voice recordings?
movie watching?

do you look for stunning fidelity or just massive booming bass?
>>
hunt amazon used items for sound bars.

i got a 200 one that was discontinued and someone was selling used in box for 15. a speaker is a speaker. i recon the Bluetooth functions are borderline useless, but with a optical cable it works perfectly.
>>
>>51549256
a speaker is not directly a speaker.. if you are looking for audio fidelity which reminds of being actually their, it needs space for the stereo seperation for example
>>
>>51548802
Studio speakers please.
>>
>>51549187
Yes, the fidelity is important for me. I live in a small bedroom right now so I don't need anything over 80 Watts to fill it. I do listen to music, I edit videos and I play video games. I'm going to begin creating music tracks as well. Movies, yeah but movies are movies, I'll take that for what it is.

>>51549256

What do you use yours for? how does it handle games and music? Any distortion?
>>
If you don't tell us what kind of experience you want from it then all you're going to get is answers like this >>51549256

"yeah just do this thing it's gonna work because speakers"
>>
>>51549350
kek
>>
>>51549346
a pair of powerfull active speakers might fit your needs then

check out speaker made by Audioengine. bookshelf speakers are the most universal kind of speakers to get a decent amount of everything. just remember, a larger driver means more bass extension.

3-4 inches woofers are perfectly fine for small rooms.

a subwoofer is only necessary if you really want that thumping oomph in movies or hardcore music

proper positioning of the speakers will give you more benefits than a subwoofer if you look for accurate bass response
>>
>>51549449
All of that sounds good. Once I move out I can start to get back to my music. It'll be pretty heavy.
>>
>>51549449
Not OP, but you are the A2+ good for the price? What else is there?
>>
So far I'm looking at a Genius SW-G2.1 2000. It's a 2.1 but the reviews are raving for such a small package.
>>
>>51549517
there are loads and loads of different options out there.. i'm not aware of the international speaker market but i live in germany and the first set i got was a cheap integrated class-d amplifier with 2x2m 16 copper gauge wire and Dali Zensor 3 speakers. there is also the cheaper Zensor 1 variant which is very good aswell
>>
>>51549547
you can be sure.. those reviews are people which never got to listen to a proper audio setup and are used to that kind of shit tier fidelity from their cheaply made plastic woofers
>>
SMSL SA50 50Wx2 TDA7492 Class D Amplifier

+

AmazonBasics 16-Gauge Speaker Wire - 50 Feet

+

DALI - ZENSOR 1

is a great way to start, depending on where you live and how the price accomodates
>>
>>51549632
oh i just noticed you need banana plugs for the smsl sa50 aswell so don't miss them out

you need 8 banana plugs total for a stereo setup
>>
>>51549632
Amerifat here, I'm chzecking it out right now.
>>
>>51549668
http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-Audio-SX-50-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B00ELK7XUA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1448598296&sr=8-2&keywords=Cambridge+audio+sx+50

so i just found out that dali has a high price markup in america and the speaker above is comparable at a much cheaper price, quality wise.. so all i can do is advise you to check your more local opinions on the internet
>>
>>51548802
>>>
why do you want such sub par sound systems.

Buy studio monitors so you actually have balance
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.