[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of buying an Amazon Fire now that they're so cheap.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: kindle-fire-hdx-8-9.jpg (119KB, 500x483px) Image search: [Google]
kindle-fire-hdx-8-9.jpg
119KB, 500x483px
Thinking of buying an Amazon Fire now that they're so cheap. But no SD slot and only 8GB. How do I get past such crappy storage?
>>
>>51547879
The easiest way is to not buy it.
>>
>>51547879
Buy something better instead.
Samsung tabs come to mind. They may not be good in the eyes of some anons here, but they're definitely better than that crap you're considering.
>>
128 GB of microSD storage not enough for you?
>>
>>51548810

how would you know it is crap since you don't own one?
>>
>>51548812
This, doesnt it have a microsd slot?
>>
File: thecloud.jpg (51KB, 736x679px) Image search: [Google]
thecloud.jpg
51KB, 736x679px
>How do I get past such crappy storage?
By using... The Cloud™
>>
>>51547879
>no SD slot
it does though
>>
>>51548827
Because:
>no sdcard slot
and
>only 8GB of storage of which you can only use less than 5
>>
>no lan or any other kind of wired ethernet

Dropped
>>
>>51549152

it accepts up to a 128 GB microSD card
>>
Don't forget ads on the lock screen, ads in all apps, and the botnet
>>
>>51549297
>being too retarded to root and install a custom rom
>>
>>51549333
How would this compare to an iPad 2 that's my usual sofa computing shit
>>
>>51551028

Custom roms can give you an autistic level of customization and improve performance by getting rid of the bloat

Out of the box, Amazon anything is shitt compared to the iPad mini
>>
On one right now. Just root, install custom launcher from play or apk. Then delete everything amazon. There as a script for all of that on xda.
Works well for videos and most games.
>>
...everyone always thinks I mean the iPad Air or mini, uh I mean the original iPad 2 haha
>>
So yeah with custom rom would the fire hold a light against the original iPad 2?
>>
>>51551320

~$30 vs ~$220

It's hard as shit to beat out a $30 tablet with comparable specs.

Only problem is you flush the warranty when you put your own rom on it
>>
Yeaaaaaaah, it's a 90 day warranty sooooo
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.