[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IDE's for beginners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: ButMomImHacking.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
ButMomImHacking.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
Alright /g/, I'm going to practice programming and learn other languages during my month break from Uni and all I've used is bash on my Uni's computers. What are some good IDE's and such to get on my laptop ? If there are any places to get more info and to read then I'd greatly appreciate it. I've heard of Microsoft Visual Studio is one but I'm curious about other ones that are out there.
Thank you /g/ and have a glutton filled turkey day if you live in Murica'.
Pic related, going to practice C++.
>>
>>51543984
Nice bait
>>
>>51544077
What did I say that made it seem like bait? I'm legitimately asking for IDE's and such that I can use to practice on my own while not in Uni. I didn't think I put bait, is it the name for the picture or that I'm practicing C++?
>>
don't be a bitch, use vim or emacs
>>
>>51544127
>Trying to be a programmer while using Windows
>Using an IDE rather than vim/emacs/acme

Bait.
>>
Vim emacs is a meme
>>
qtcreator is a good cross platform IDE for c/c++.
>>
Geany.
>>
>>51543984
Visual Studio is 95% of the time what you should go for with C++

Ignore the freetards and vim/emacs autists.
>>
>>51543984
http://c.learncodethehardway.org

learn how to use the language before you use some shitty ide that hides what's really going on in the background, so you know what your code is really doing.
>>
>>51543984
>Notice Deadmau5 trash helmet on fisher price book self.

Didn't even read.
>>
>>51544257
New to this programming stuff. Besides, in the real world, won't they choose what you write in?
>>51544281
Ahh okay, well I'm new to this stuff hence beginner in the title so I know very little. But I admit programming is fun and challenging.
>>51544299
>>51544316
>>51544320
I'll check those out, thank you.
I've also heard of Eclipse and Notepad++, as well as Atom while lurking, but I'm curious of other ones. Have you heard anything good from the ones I've mentioned?
>>51544376
I'll check it out, thank you.
>>
>>51544408
Eclipse is a bloated IDE aimed at Java, and more specifically, Android development.

Notepad++ is your entry level text editor.
Atom is a Sublime Text clone with about 25% of the features.
Use Sublime Text as your text editor, unless you want to use a cloud-based editor such as codeanywhere. DON'T use the IDE features of text editors, ever.
>>
>>51544408
> Besides, in the real world, won't they choose what you write in?
No, maybe in certain classes they will. But if they want people to get shit done they will let you use your editor of choice.
>>
Vim if you want to invest the time that it requires to learn it and use it efficiently.
>>
>>51544376
Yes listen to this anon, as a beginner you must understand whats really happening, start with C language, maybe some asm, leave the abstract stuff for later.
>>
>>51544441
This. Eclipse is a joke. Was asked to use it when I was learning Java, never again. It's full of bloat.
>>
>>51543984
protip OP: /g/ will tell you that whatever you choose is shit
I recommend emacs: it's a hard start for beginners, but in the end you can extend it

I run ipython in it, so it's a complete IDE
>>
>>51543984
Are you listenig to pink floyd?
I think: "definietly yes"
>>
vim or emacs (your choice) and gnu C compiler
>>
>>51543984
If you're trying to learn how to program, you can't beat VS

If you're trying to be a programmer (as in for a career, or hard core hobby like indie gamedev or writing open source software), vim or emacs. It doesn't matter which. Just pick one and learn it.
>>
>>51543984
i just started with learning c++. ive used geany for web development and its even better foe geany
>>
>>51543984
try vim, is open source and intuitive for begginers
>>
>GNUplot
>>
try GNUPLOT
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.