[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus Christ these drivers are buggy. Absolutely garbage.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: Radeon-Crimson-3.jpg (142KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Radeon-Crimson-3.jpg
142KB, 3840x2160px
Jesus Christ these drivers are buggy.

Absolutely garbage.

Well done AMD.
>>
If they weren't crap, I'd think something was wrong.
>>
>>51543152
I agree, friend. AMD is pure garbage. I only buy Nvidia because I know that it's the best quality. Their drivers don't have bugs and the performance is superior. AMD is simply inferior. It's a shame.
>>
>>51543195
>strawman'an that hard
OP didn't say anything about NVidia you buttblasted AMDturd.
>>
The software is pretty buggy to be quite honest.

Set a fan speed then went back to auto but the damn thing would go back to the set speed every time when the PC came out of sleep. Setting the speeds to auto managed to fix that though.

Also the damn thing keeps crashing. Don't really care all that much since I have no need to mess around with things at the moment but its not a good look.
>>
File: 312313123.png (52KB, 408x452px) Image search: [Google]
312313123.png
52KB, 408x452px
What is this shit? I only have 1 monitor.
>>
>>51543844
>AMD
>Drivers
Obviously the driver is malfunctioning
>>
I have a 380 4gb and I'm convinced this driver introduced microstutter or I'm looking too much into it.
>>
>>51544909
Works just fine for me with the same card.
>>
it all works fine on my computer : )
>>
>>51544909
Same card. It actually fixed my mictostuttering problems. Maybe you just got a dodgey install?

1.) Manually uninstall catalyst drivers
2.) Use display driver uninstaller to completely wipe away the driver
3.) Install the crimson driver again (delete your original installer and download a fresh one before you do step #1)
>>
>>51545444
Was going to try that later. I've not had time to mess around yet.

Other than that the driver seems fine, not really noticed a lot of difference though but I swear fallout 4 has bigger framedrops than before.
>>
>>51543152
I haven't had an issue.
>>
Werks on my machine Werks on my machine Werks on my machine Werks on my machine Werks on my machine Werks on my machine Werks on my machine
>>
>>51543844
>never saw that before crimson

ITT: nvidiots
>>
File: why.jpg (219KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
219KB, 1920x1080px
>>51543152
Installed it about 20 minutes ago and I'm finding some bugs also wtf is pic related? I didn't want to see this ever again
>>
>>51543232
That's the only other reasonable option and it is The Way It's Meant to be Played™
>>
>>51543300
my guess is that it still needs some compatiblity features for specific bios version from the different vendors available

anyway msi afterburner is always the best method to set your gpu fans
>>
werks on my shitty APU tbqfhwaoua
>>
>>51545519
you should try to optimise this game with some nexus mods. it is just awfull without them.
>>
>>51549189
the window you're looking at is for experienced users which know their stuff

they didn't find the time to make a noob friendly gui for that kind of options is my guess
>>
>>51549279
I just wish they made it look like the new GUI is all. Or at least make it part of the same menu.
>>
>>51549332
thinking of it. it might be a workaround because it's still in development

i mean, it must have a good reason why it's seperated from the new gui
>>
>>51543152
Last night my hdmi audio driver got all fugged up after working for a couple days. It gave me a real headache. Back on catalyst myself.
>>
These drivers are still in beta, what the fuck are you expecting from a complete driver overhaul? 100% stability? Stay on 15.11.1 until they've been out in the wild for a month or two
>>
>>51549391
not beta tho
>>
What is this? A full-force Nvidia damage control shill thread? I haven't had the first issue, and neither have either of my AMD bros. I have a Fury X, other two have the 290, and 380
>>
>>51543152

>mfw the new drivers did wonders to my pc, i get in between 2 and 7 fps more in all games while it runs 3°c cooler
>>
>>51549825
same here
my 290x is still confirmed god tier
>>
>>51549825
Yup same here on my 390. Noticeable clarity too
>>
>>51551323
>clarity

Is that like audiophile "warmth"
>>
Jesus Christ these drivers are buggy.

Absolutely garbage.

Well done NVIDIA.
>>
I just installed v.15.20.1062.1004 and my skyrim is working.

AYY~~
>>
>Have 280X
>Install crimson
>Fallout 4 temps drop another 4c, slightly less frame rate drop around boston
Meanwhile, on a 780 Ti
>crickets
>>
Oh The shilling in this thread.. These drivers have worked great for me and i have noticed alot less stuttering and overall a smoother fps in most games
>>
I used to have no problems before crimson 's driver on battlefront , since I've downloaded them, got textures fucked up and some elements disappeared... Dafuq amd...
>>
The driver keeps crashing when i try to watch twitch streams, apparently this is a flash issue last night it crashed so hard windows corrupted and i had to reinstall a fresh copy

Now I'm hesitant to go near flash
>>
>install crimson
>reboot
>fan going 100%
>check overdrive settings
>it's set manually to 100% wtf i never did that
>set auto, fan back to normal

>reboot next day
>fansetting again at 100% manually

what the hell
>>
Works fine for me
Works fine for me
Works fine for me
Works fine for me
>>
>>51543152
>couldnt install on win 8.0
FUCK ME
>>
270x here. Crimson has been causing crashes with anything I run through my steam link. Was working fine a week ago...
>>
They're fucking great. I haven't set up any profiles yet but I'm already getting reduced fan noise (via temps I assume) and notably increased FPS in pretty much everything.

Don't take your spergism out on AMD, OP, because you can't install a fucking driver.
>>
>>51549351
>>51549332
>>51549189
It was was so they could get it out sooner to everyone and eventual move that over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXLXPiJpVGs

atleast they added an option for custom monitor resolutions and timings

also you can enable eyefinity for specific games instead of having it be a global setting

anther added feature is the shader caching

I like it. I've had only two not responding instances but that didn't even cause the screen to flicker.
>>
>install crimson
>it just werks
>>
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-crimson-linux&num=1

AMD HAS NO DRIVERS
>>
>>51543152
R9 290 Here.

It was painless for me and hasn't crashed once.
The old driver never crashed either...
>>
ITT: faggots who can't properly install drivers.

>Lower temps in games
>5-8 FPS gain on pretty much all games
>Faster load speeds
>Better OC
>FPS drops feel smoother, even at 25-35fps

And I haven't looked into all the other shit. Fucking use DDU before installing new drivers that way you can pin point driver issues you have easier.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.