[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ I've been a laptopfag but I want build a gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (102KB, 750x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 750x768px
Hey /g/ I've been a laptopfag but I want build a gaming rig (and some use for my research sims) and I'm looking for top tier performance like 4K and >60 fps on modern games. What GPUs and CPUs should I be looking at for Black Friday/Cyber Monday? Total budget is around 1500 and I already have a mouse, 2 monitors (one 4 K other is 1080) and a mech keyboard. Suggestions appreciated.
>>
>>51542839
logicalincrements

now fuck off
>>
4k 60fps+ on decent settings? want it to be able to do that for more than just one year? think about sli'ing two 980tis or, preferably (I think, go look up crossfire vs sli benchmarks) crossfire two fury x's. You can't do 4k and not have a shitty pc when you're not ready to spend about 2k

though you could if you find two 980tis for real cheap, go with a 4460 with a cheap mobo, a sandisk 128gb ssd, 8 gigs pretty cheap ram, cheap case and a good (expensive evga) psu you could probablt manage
>>
5820K and a 980 ti
>>
>>51542934
Thanks for the advice, shit well I didn't expect to spend that much. maybe I should spread it out a bit more, get stuff like my case, motherboard, and power supply and hold out on GPU and CPU since lines are always being upgraded
>>
>>51542839

lol. You're not going to be able to do that for that budget. Realistically you're looking at least over double that, and thats not even with a 4k screen worthy of it.
>>
>>51542839
Just ditch the 4K meme. It is still way to early for computers to affordably deliver that.
>>
Not OP, but how cheap can I expect to find a 6gb 980 TI tomorrow?
>>
You can do 4K with one 980 on games maybe about two or three years old, and most recent new games if they're not demanding. Look up benchmarks yourself. If you want highest settings in 4k youll probably need two 980s. Also you need a higher budget but you can play most things, let alone the kind of games you will realistically play the most often.
>>
>>51544827
And by that I should elaborate the kind of games people have hundreds of hours in on Steam are not Crysis 3, usually things you can run in 4k effortlessly like Team Fortress 2 or Civilization.
>>
>>51544670
$600 if you can swallow buying refurb.
>>
>4K.

2x Fury X is the best. Beats Titan X in 2160p benchmarks.

other choice is 2x Titan X.

Rest are not going to cut it.
Single Titan X gets 30-40 fps on GTA V everything maxed in 4k.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.