[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is the logic? Open new tab, so right becomes more important.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: right.jpg (20KB, 370x348px) Image search: [Google]
right.jpg
20KB, 370x348px
Where is the logic? Open new tab, so right becomes more important.
>>
>>51540053
You open page A.
You open links B-N on new tabs.
You quickly read them.
You can close all at once.
>>
>>51540314
Sill, they should change it to 'close tabs to the left'.

This isn't logical.
>>
>>51540476
But new tabs open on the right side, anon.
>>
My left most tabs are ones that are always open. If there's ever a time that I'd want to close all tabs on a particular side of another tab it would be to the right. For example if I wanted to quickly research something I'd open a new tab, which would be on the right, and do a Google search, then open some of those search results in new tabs which would also be on the right. Then at the end of my research session I could right click on the tab left of the search tab and close all the ones to the right of it. In practice I just close them individually starting from the search tab (the ones on the right slide to the left so the "x" is always in the same place, then when I move the mouse the tabs resize) but the right click option would be handy if I ended up opening a lot of results.
>>
>>51540502
these are the new tabs, hence the more important tabs, those tabs you might want to check out later. So why would I want to close those?
>>
>>51540668
>these are the new tabs, hence the more important tabs
maybe for you.
not for me usually.
>>
>>51540593
So this option isn't really that useful for you. What I do now is, drag my important tabs to the left so I can close everything on the right (+/- 9 tabs open).
>>
Just add one option for right and one option for left
>>
when i clean up my tabs, i do so by holding ctrl, then tapping tab to cycle through them, and hitting w instead to close ones i want to close
>>
File: 1448189050799.gif (101KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1448189050799.gif
101KB, 300x100px
>>51540593
>middle click closes tab
>>
>>51540806
My man, protip right there.
>>
>>51540835
don't forget you can cycle backwards with ctrl+shift+tab (so feel free to go fast and just back up if you go past one)
and ctrl+shift+t to undo closing a tab
>>
File: tab.png (4KB, 213x93px) Image search: [Google]
tab.png
4KB, 213x93px
>he doesn't use vertical tabs
>>
>>51540727
It's useful, I just don't mind taking the few extra seconds to close the tabs one by one.

I typically have 50+ tabs open spread across 4 windows. The left most of the two on my main monitor are sites that I always have open (Facebook, a forum, and some 4chan catalogs on one, Youtube sub page on another) and anything to the right of those can vary. As I don't bulk close tabs with the right click option I also don't worry about having tabs all the way on the right that I'll keep open for a long time, but "research mode" is always rightmost.

>>51540814
I know, but either way a button has to be pressed per tab. I have the dexterity to hit the "x" and using left click means I don't have to move my finger. It does come in handy when I get to a certain amount of tabs and the "x" disappears until I click on the tab though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.