[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished building my rig using this bad boy. I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Samsung950ProCar_678x452[1].jpg (55KB, 678x410px) Image search: [Google]
Samsung950ProCar_678x452[1].jpg
55KB, 678x410px
I just finished building my rig using this bad boy.

I'd like to benchmark it to ensure it's working at peak write speed.

Is there a program I can use to benchmark this? Thanks
>>
>>51539323
>Is there a program I can use to benchmark this?
Yes
>>
>>51539337
Yeah, I realize the question was structured a bit stupid.

Do you know what it is? Can you tell me what it is?
>>
>>51539374
Yeah, we could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you.
>>
I use SSDlife
>>
>he fell for the samshit scam
Bet you can't tell the difference between a 550MB/s SSD and this.

Anyways, Crystal DiskMark is the software you are looking for
>>
>>51539374
>Do you know what it is?
Yes
>Can you tell me what it is?
Yes, I even copied it into my clipboard for when you ask for it.
>>
Just write some huge file and many small files on it and see how long it fucking takes.
>>
>>51539409
I would agree with you, if I was playing games with it. However, this is for professional photo editing, so the read/write speeds help significantly when using Photoshop scratch disk and importing/exporting massive amounts of large files.
>>
I realize OP is autistic and my mom is making me say sorry.

Sorry OP.
The name is AS SSD Benchmark.
>>
File: why.png (24KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
24KB, 499x500px
why are my write speeds so shit?
>>
>>51539523
Cool, thanks man.
>>
>>51539619
Maybe you have a shit tier Arc 100 like me.
>>
>>51539323
>Is there a program I can use to benchmark this? Thanks

yea look for a program called "dd"
>>
File: hmm.png (34KB, 402x367px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
34KB, 402x367px
>>51539675
It's a Samsung 840.
Perhaps it's just AS SSD is shit, Crystal Diskmark paints a completely different picture.
>>
>>51539746
Are you on SATA 3 or 2?
>>
>>51539757
2. I'm using an X58 motherboard.
>>
>>51539771
That's your answer then. One program is saturating it.
>>
>>51539783
I know I'm limited to about 250MB/s, but the write speeds are pathetic in AS SSD benchmark, yet they're acceptable in Crystal Diskmark
>>
>>51539842
It is likely just slightly different methods of how it is coming up with the numbers. Also keep in mind it is total bandwidth, not 250 up / 250 down.
>>
>>51539323
Why not "benchmark"
it with a productivity program you're familiar with? Surely you didn't buy a drive this fast only not to run demanding programs on it? If I had gotten a 950 Pro my first order of business would be to see how fast it can load my Lightroom library and video projects.
>>
File: zoom_s_p_34448_1.jpg.ashx.jpg (32KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
zoom_s_p_34448_1.jpg.ashx.jpg
32KB, 1024x768px
Here's what you need
>All in one, even has a computer inside!
>Built in speakers
>Crisp 1024x768 resolution
>Runs non-botnet Windows 95
>>
>>51539871
It is lightning fast in LR and PS. I just want to run some objective tests to ensure that it's running as fast as possible.

I was on a pretty slow machine prior to this (in comparison) so anything is going to feel blazing fast to me. I want to gut check myself to get the absolute full experience, ya feel?
>>
What's a good SSD benchmark for Linux?
>>
>>51539523
AS SSD doesn't seem to want to write very well to the 950. Reads the 850 just fine.

I installed Samsung Magician also, and it says it's writing at 1500MBs... not sure which to trust since Samsung is Samsung, lol.
>>
>>51539970
>writing at 1500MBs
Keep in mind Samsung advertise their SSD speeds using the easiest benchmark speeds to complete. This is why it is best to go to review sites and see how the drives performs compared to others using the tough tests.
>>
>>51540042
That's what I figured. AS SSD seems to have an issue with it, so I'm not sure what other tests are out there.

I've seen a number of legit tests performed and they are getting the speeds.
>>
>>51539323
my evo 850 is dead after 1 1/2 months

they told me solid state was reliable.
>>
>>51540222
I've been using my 850 evo for years with no issue.
>>
>>51540394
>Years
850 evos have been out for just under a year man.
>>
>>51539323
I wanted one of these, but not because of speed, but because it matches the sapphire black pcb of my motherboard.

i managed to talk myself out of it, but only just barely.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.