[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody having issues connecting a 360 controller to windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: XBOX360-CONTROLLER-R-unit.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
XBOX360-CONTROLLER-R-unit.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
Anybody having issues connecting a 360 controller to windows 10?
My device manager tells me everything is hunky dory but I can't get my controller to connect. I've searched around for solutions but nothing seems to help.
Any ideas on how I could fix it?
>>
>>51532343
>/sqt/
>>
>>51532343
My roommate had a busted up 360 and not I use the controllers for emulating games on the machine we hook up to the living room television. I've avoided upgrading to 10 because it is cancer, but let's start with the dumb shit first: Are these wired or wireless? Do you have the IR dongle thingy for USB conectivity?
>>
>>51532343
are you using a dongle? if so update the driver and select the option to choose from a list of drivers.
Choose one until it works
>>
I assume you mean wireless + dongle...it should work in W10 out of the box. You tried re-syncing, changing the batteries, using a different USB hub, etc? Does the green light on the dongle light up?
>>
I know exactly how but I'm not gonna tell you because it took me 3 days and a trojan to get it to work and I'm not about to spoonfeed you so fuck off
>>
>>51532434
I'm using a wireless controller with one of those charge and play cords.
>>
pretty sure theres drivers or software for it

source: i have a wired xbox 360 usb controller like the pic

shows up as xboxstat.exe in the task manager, gluck OP
>>
>>51532534
The cord is only used for charging. The controllers are IR and not Blutooth. You need a <$20 part to give contectivity.

>drool
>>51532412
>>>/trash/
>>
>>51532534
Then you can't. The wireless xbox 360 controler only works with a wireless dongle. That's why it doesn't work
>>
>>51532612
YOU are an idiot. its a custom protocol similar to bluetooth. do you even know what IR is?
>>
>>51532343
microsoft knows what you did and disabled it. they demand you buy the official wireless dongle. tl;dr - hope you constantly being bent over, ms now has free reign over your ass.
>>
>>51532612
>>51532628
however you are right about that cord, throw that shit away and get a real usb cord
>>
>>51532654
I bought the unofficial dongle for 2 dollars. Works great.
>>
>>51532654
>says every fucktard on /g/
Can't you change your litany
>>
>>51532674
You literally do not hook them up with any usb cord, you get the wireless dongle or get the actual wired controller
>>
>>51532628
It's the shit that made Gameboys talk to each other - which is qualitatively different than the shit that makes my new phone talk to my new headphones. If it's been rebranded with a different frequency and structure to fuck with legacy radios then forgive me. I'm only repeating the shit it I found in a forum 6 months ago after a cursory Google...when I bothered to read and risk <$20 to make shit work.

:)
>>
File: 1440431691936.jpg (148KB, 500x730px) Image search: [Google]
1440431691936.jpg
148KB, 500x730px
Here's the article I used to connect my controller with my cheap, Chinese knockoff dongle. It works a charm.

http://www.s-config.com/chinese-xbox-360-wireless-receiver-driver-setup/
>>
>>51532628
>>bluetooth
Yeah riiight... it's time to go to bed mate
>>
OP here. Thanks for the advice, all. But while waiting for replies I thought I figured out how to fix it one thing led to another and I'm in the process of wiping my computer now. needless to say my priorities have shifted.
Again thanks anyway.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.