[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I know what I want for Christmas, been using virtual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: ALE Q88-Large.jpg (13KB, 569x103px) Image search: [Google]
ALE Q88-Large.jpg
13KB, 569x103px
I think I know what I want for Christmas, been using virtual piano for some time and decided to just learn how to play the piano. Anyone here play the piano? Is 88key a must? Will this suffice for learning on my own with my spare time? or can I get something better for $200 max? Or what other cool music instrument type of shit can you buy for $200, company gift certificate, so 200 is the max.
>>
>>51531621
>I think I know what I want for Christmas

>>>/rules/
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>51531639

I smirked, good one anon.

but for reals.
>>
>>51531670
you're probably better off going to /mu/
>>
i want to buy one too im 21 and i feel like its too late to start learning how to play and im poor so i cant afford anything right now but eventually ill go for one! in my case ill probably do a novation launchkey, its a midi controller, but unless you want strictly a piano sound i would recommend this because of the flexibility it would allow for experimentation and all kinds of sounds
>>
I'd just get something on craigslist, hell there are tons of free pianos if your willing to move them. You definitely don't need 88 keys to learn but you'll want them eventually. I've been playing for 10+ years but in just a month my friend learned a few piano pieces from scratch just from synthesia piano tutorials on youtube. Good luck and don't get discouraged!
>>
>>51531621
88 keys is nice. I'd recommend an maudio 88 and whatever program for a virtual piano.
>>
>>51531751

started at 21. jazz. its not too fuking late. I'm an aspiring professional. if you're willing to dedicate a very large portion of your life for the next decade anything is possible.

basically, your practice as an individual in your 20s, a week is worth a year of a 5 y/o. diminishing returns but your maturity and knowing how to learn are massive advantages. the problem is you can get discouraged. it takes about a year to be marginally satisfied, but nothing else in life is worth.

to the op, 4chan is not the place to ask about instruments. find a weighted 88 key digital piano used and spend maybe 300. 200 won't get you anywhere new. used, try it out, does it feel alright, sound not too annoying? you're fine.
>>
/g/ ain't the best place to ask, but luckily I was once in your place.

If you're really on a budget and you desperately want those 88keys; pick up an M-audio 88es, the best budget and bang for your buck I've ever had.

and pick up a virtual piano w/ the extra money.
>>
>>51531621
I'd get a Roland pro, but don't expect any piano action in that price range, just synth action.
>>
>>51531621
go to bed, Porter
>>
I started at 27. It's never too late, you pleb.

Definitely get 88 keys and definitely get weighted. I got the cheapest 88 weighted key piano I could find which was the Casio CDP-100 for £200 and it's great. Three years on and it's a pleasure to play although the mechanism is a little loud. I also use MIDI into my laptop with MIDI samples of hundred thousand dollar pianos so I feel like a boss when playing the Zelda theme. For that I use the iRig Pro.
>>
88 key is a must, also fully weighted.

$200 is too little for a decent piano. I wouldn't even bother buying one unless it's in the $400-500 range. PX150 or a Yamaha P105 is a good entry level piano in that price range.

Not a must but I recommend you either buy open ear headphones or get a good pair of studio monitor speakers, plug it into your PC and get a piano VST(Kontakt 5 + Galaxy Vintage D) for that authentic acoustic sound.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.