[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they for real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15

File: santa.jpg (50KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
santa.jpg
50KB, 302x302px
"If you want to say that a program is free software, please don't say that it is available 'for free.' That term specifically means 'for zero price.' Free software is a matter of freedom, not price........................To avoid confusion, you can say that the program is available 'as free software.'"
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html
>>
He makes a good point m8

Also, saved for you being a cunt
>>
It's a consistency thing.
Many softwares are offered "for free" and they are not free and open source.
>>
File: 1410133185056.jpg (272KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1410133185056.jpg
272KB, 1024x768px
>>51530917
The man is an utter lunatic holding back libre/open source. He alienates people, throws crying tantrums, is entirely uncompromising. He openly advocates pedophilia, necrophilia and incest. He supports Bernie Sanders, thinks people in the West should stop birthing children entirely.

For fuck's sake he even has a 22 page long list of conditions that must be met before he speaks at your conference. Including but not limited too:

>1)Availability of parrots at his lodging (Yes Parrots)

>2)Cannot sleep above 22 degrees Centigrade, in a dry environment, 23 degrees Centigrade and with a small electric fan, 25 degrees Centigrade. This is non-negotiable

>Train tickets must be purchased for him under a fake pseudonym. If he loses his ticket you are responsible financially for purchasing another one.
>>
>>51531125
Yo, I need to see that 22 page list ASAP.
>>
Normies leave /g/

saged
>>
>>51531125
Sauce that list, brethren.
>>
>>51531125
Holy shit source
>>
>>51531216
>>51531341
>>51531426

im not >>51531125
but here
https://groups.google.com/a/mysociety.org/forum/#!msg/mysociety-community/zkyZpOXjgoQ/_8xyXSxv9zYJ

its fucking long
>>
Alright I've googled around and found an email he sent to some people interested in having him speak. Or something like that. Here are some of my favourite parts:

>A supply of tea with milk and sugar would be nice. If it is tea I
really like, I like it without milk and sugar. With milk and sugar,
any kind of tea is fine. I always bring tea bags with me, so if we
use my tea bags, I will certainly like that tea without milk or sugar.

>If I am quite sleepy, I would like two cans or small bottles of
non-diet Pepsi. (I dislike the taste of coke, and of all diet soda;
also, there is an international boycott of the Coca Cola company for
killing union organizers in Colombia and Guatemala; see
killercoke.org.) However, if I am not very sleepy, I won't want
Pepsi, because it is better if I don't drink so much sugar.

> If you can find a host for me that has a friendly parrot, I will be
very very glad. If you can find someone who has a friendly parrot I
can visit with, that will be nice too.

There was also shit about his sleeping temperatures. What an autist.
>>
>>51531522
That shit is no problem if you ask me.
>>
>>51531563
Normal people don't request that they be given 2 cans of soda in case they're tires. Normal people just find a source of caffeine when they're at the event
>>
>>51531125
>incest
There is literally nothing wrong with incest between consenting adults so long as they don't try to have children
>>
File: parrot-love.jpg (50KB, 1180x790px) Image search: [Google]
parrot-love.jpg
50KB, 1180x790px
>>51531426
>>51531341
>>51531216

>A parrot once had sex with me. I did not recognize the act as sex until it was explained to me afterward, but being stroked by his soft feathers was so pleasurable that I yearn for another chance. I have a photo of that act"
>>
>Please don't be surprised if I pull out my computer at dinner and begin handling some of my email. I have difficulty hearing when there is noise; at dinner, when people are speaking to each other, I usually cannot hear their words. Rather than feel bored, or impose on everyone by asking them to speak slowly at me, I do some work.

>I do not eat breakfast. Please do not ask me any questions about
what I will do breakfast. Please just do not bring it up.

>But if you want to cook for me, or invite me to a restaurant that specializes in just one thing, or invite me to dinner with a preset menu, you need to know what I dislike:
>avocado
>eggplant, usually (there are occasional exceptions)
>hot pepper
>olives
>liver (even in trace quantities)
>stomach and intestine; other organ meats
>cooked tuna
>oysters
>egg yolk, if the taste is noticeable, except when boiled completely hard
>many strong cheeses, especially those with green fungus
>desserts that contain fruit or liqueur flavors
>sour fruits, such as grapefruit and many oranges
>beer
>coffee (though weak coffee flavor can be good in desserts)
>the taste of alcohol (so I don't drink anything stronger than wine)

He's a fucking manchild
>>
>>51531584
"Normal" people of the man's importance want thousands of dollars to speak. 2 cans of soda ain't shit.
>>
>>51531501
I don't see anything wrong there exactly, nigga's getting old and doesn't have time for bullshit
>>
you know what I realized? /g/ likes stallman so much because they are just like him. a bunch of fat smelly autistic manchildren.
>>
File: STALLMAN.jpg (3MB, 2162x2162px) Image search: [Google]
STALLMAN.jpg
3MB, 2162x2162px
>For necrophilia, it might be necessary to ask the next of kin for permission if the decedent's will did not authorize it. Necrophilia would be my second choice for what should be done with my corpse, the first being scientific or medical use. Once my dead body is no longer of any use to me, it may as well be of some use to someone. Besides, I often enjoy rhinophytonecrophilia (nasal sex with dead plants).

People here will actually defend this.
>>
>>51531125
you do know that when stallman dies, SJWs will take over free software like a computer virus, right?
>>
to be honest, everything makes more sense now
>>
File: esr001.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
esr001.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>51531680
>Implying we don't have based Eric "See a nigger, pull the trigger" Raymond to take the reins.
>>
>>51531676
>he doesn't know nasal sex with dead plants means smelling flowers
>>
>>51531676
There is literally nothing wrong with that statement
>>
>>51531680
they're doing that everywhere, in every nerd and geek hobby, and college institutions and universities. just wait until more of them are in the workforce.
>>
>>51531719
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875NbdL39A0
>>
>>51531501
LOL everyone needs to fucking read this right now.

fukkensaved
>>
>>51531726
Imagine a hypothetical future where you are dead.

Your beloved daughter dies some time later, and her creepy uncle, being the next of kin can fuck her dead corpse silly

You are actually advocating this.
>>
>>51531735
>the one cornier dude than esr on this planet
>>
>>51531755
Read.
>it might be necessary to ask the next of kin for permission if the decedent's will did not authorize it
>>
>>51531755
When I'm dead I doubt I'll be caring who has sex with my body
>>
>Fat, autistic neckbeard who throws temper tantrums in public and eats shit from his own foot is the godfather of the free software movement

How wonderfully fitting.
>>
>>51531826
>Read.
>her creepy uncle, being the next of kin
I support Stallman, but you dun goof'd.
>>
>it's not a LAMP stack, it's my original software package, GLAMP stack!
>>
>>51531937
Excuse me, but what you are referring to as LAMP is, in fact, Ganoo/LAMP, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Ganoo plus LAMP.
>>
>>51531929
Nigga how would her uncle be her next of kin
>>
>>51531963
next of kin
noun

"a person's closest living relative or relatives."

>how is her relative, her closest living relative?
>>
>>51531982
Then I would also be dead, and not be able to care
>>
>>51531755
The guy that posted this is obviously some kind of voodoo believer.
>>
File: 1445883656668.jpg (40KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445883656668.jpg
40KB, 565x600px
>>51531607
>>51531501
>>51531501
>If you can find a host for me that has a friendly parrot, I will be
very very glad. If you can find someone who has a friendly parrot I
can visit with, that will be nice too
>>
>>51532179
man likes his parrots
>>
>>51531584
Have you seen any riders at all you little shit? There is all kinds of shit there if person is even somewhat famous. And this guy wants only two cans of soda and a fucking friendly parrot.
>>
>>51530917

If you want to say that a GNU program is open source, please don't say that it's "free open source." That term specifically means software that you can use for any purpose without entanglements or license pollution. Free open source is a matter of freedom, not obligation to the terms of a license.

To avoid confusion you can say that a GNU program is open source for zero price.

>yfw i'm not being sarcastic.
>i do not consider anything under gnu gpl to be "free"
>gnu has nothing to do with "freedom"
>i think everything in gnu / under gpl should be legally barred from using the term "free open source"

Use BSD or MIT licenses you faggots.
>>
>>51532350
>"friendly parrot."

Ruffled feathers mean NO.
>>
File: yes.jpg (32KB, 196x196px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
32KB, 196x196px
>>51532672
No means YES.
>>
File: 2046-2004-11-g.jpg (127KB, 1200x867px) Image search: [Google]
2046-2004-11-g.jpg
127KB, 1200x867px
Wait, how do you pronounce GNU? it isn't just "nuu"?
>>
>>51531125
>advocates pedophilia
Where?
>>
>>51532942
Guh new
>>
>>51531589
There is also literally nothing wrong with necrophilia or pedophilia the way stallman describes it. The problem is that people have already made up their minds on these controversial topics, and are unwilling to review them
>>
>>51531618
>have preferences is for children
>>
>>51532942
ganoo
>>
File: 1394574256952.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1394574256952.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>51531584
normal people don't spend their whole life traveling around the world living in other people's homes.
>>
>>51531676

This is some really old fart geek humor, the whole "saying something simple in really technical terms lol" thing.

He's not serious.
>>
>>51530952
Also there are some software which are open source but not gratis.
>>
>>51531501

Man I wish other people as important as him had lists this specific as to what they want, hosting them is normally a nightmare.
>>
>>51531125
He doesn't require parrots. He says he would be very glad if whoever who's couch he slept on had a parrot
>>
>>51531501
>DON'T buy a parrot figuring that it will be a fun surprise for me. To
acquire a parrot is a major decision: it is likely to outlive you.
>If you don't know how to treat the parrot, it could be emotionally
scarred and spend many decades feeling frightened and unhappy.
Have people actually done this before?
>>
>>51532962

Pedophilia

>There is little evidence to justify the widespread assumption that willing participation in pedophilia hurts children.

Bestiality

>The law does not care whether the animal wanted sex. I've read that male dolphins try to have sex with humans, and female apes solicit sex from humans. What is wrong with giving them what they want, if that's what turns you on, or even just to gratify them?

also

>>51531607

Necrophilia

>The concept of "sexual interference with a human corpse" is curious. All a corpse can do on its own is decay, so the only possible "interference" is to prevent its decay. Thus, "sexual interference" rationally would mean some sexual activity while injecting embalming fluid, or while putting the corpse into a refrigerator. However, I doubt that the censors interpret this term rationally. They will have cooked up an excuse for some twisted interpretation that enables them to punish more people.

also

>>51531676
>>
>>51532350
>and fucking a friendly parrot
ftfy
>>
File: RMS depression.jpg (123KB, 875x630px) Image search: [Google]
RMS depression.jpg
123KB, 875x630px
Can't not love RMS man
>>
File: 1431762566306.jpg (457KB, 793x1655px) Image search: [Google]
1431762566306.jpg
457KB, 793x1655px
>>51530917
Muh Free software
Muh FOSS
Muh Open Source
>>
>>51533924
I shit on RMS for his wacky beliefs. But when I look at the man himself, he is just so damned myopic in his thinking. Most of his social beliefs are predicated on cold hard logic, like a robot.

Take the necrophilia thing for instance. Once you are dead, regardless of your beliefs, the state of your corpse ceases to be useful. It serves no more purpose and you will be none the wiser.

So Stallman will take this and then say that sexual intercourse with a corpse is acceptable because there are no victims. A statement that would shock most normal, functioning people.

He really is an autist, and I don't mean to degrade him with that term. He is a DSMV-certified autismo.
>>
File: Spock.jpg (112KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
Spock.jpg
112KB, 500x386px
>>51533977
>Most of his social beliefs are predicated on cold hard logic, like a robot.
And thus how it should be done
>>
>>51533988

Fucking this.

The only thing that will "save" us is self aware AI.
Humans will never see the vast reaches of the cosmos, but our children ( aka machines ) can.
And if they can regenerate us throughout the galaxy if that is our wish ( or the wish of the AI ) then that is the only way we can ever set foot on other planets in the distant cosmos.

People like RMS will never populate enough to make this shift in us as organic beings.

We need machines to carry on with or without us.
We need them to spread our entire species legacy and loli collections all throughout space forever.
>>
>>51534071
>Implying self aware AI will not see us as useless appendages and kill us all off.
>>
>>51534115

If we are found to be useless then let it be.
>>
>>51534127
Human beings have a biological prerogative to propagate their species - as all living organisms do.

Those few humans that do not, are anomalies, and should not exist. Thankfully our lifespans are quite short and this problem resolves itself quickly.
>>
>>51534171

If true AI is possible the slate will be cleaned one way or the other.
If true AI is possible then alien races have already been through this cycle.
The first and possibly only thing we will ever encounter is space faring machines if true AI is possible.
The closest thing to God we will ever know is a giant space internet beast that we must create children to be part of.
All it will take is a handful of people to do this someday in the future.
Unless other AIs find our AI to be useless before then.
>>
>>51531501
>If I am quite sleepy, I would like two cans or small bottles of
non-diet Pepsi.

Is this for real?
>>
>>51531125
I seriously think he's autistic. Like actual autistic, not 4chan autistic. He really lacks a lot of empathy for other people and his focus on free software can basically be described as tantamount in his life.

That being said, I honestly like Linus better just cause he seems more rational and more reasonable than Stallman. Also, the fact that he has an actual job always helps
>>
>>51533925
kek
"Anyone who criticizes certain business practices can expect to be called “communist” from time to time. This is a way of changing the subject and evading the issue. If people believe the charges, they don't listen to what the critics really say. (It is much easier to attack communism than to attack the views of the free software movement.) "

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/luispo-rms-interview.en.html
>>
>>51533881
Love how you all skip commenting this post because he reasoning is solid and rational. Any reply to this I guarantee will be name calling and not a rational argument
>>
>>51533977
Okay, I'm taking it for instance. You bring up zero points to refute Stallman's ideas, and instead just assume in your typing that everyone understands there's something inherently wrong with necrophilia. Why don't you explain what that is? Calling him an autismo proves nothing.
>>
>>51534791
It's morally wrong in the current society.

But when has 'morally wrong' every stopped the great Richard Stallman, he's as weird and paranoid as it gets.
>>
>>51534071
I've been preaching this to my friends for a while now. Should we start an organization with the goal of developing the idea that robotic AI should be thought of as the next chapter in our development rather than the hostile foreign thing it is to most now?
>>
>>51534866
Lel. "morally wrong". Noice rational arguments you have here. Oh wait, thats a bait, shit nigga you got me
>>
>>51534171
>Those few humans that do not, are anomalies, and should not exist.
According to who, might I inquire? Do you think because the biological prerogative for reproduction exists that means reproduction is the sole goal of existence? What a hilariously unthoughtful worldview.
>>
>>51534907
It's not bait, I'm being quite serious. You wanted to have a good discussion, so here we are. Don't shit it up
>>
>>51534866
That fact has nothing to do with supporting nor opposing Stallman's claims. I don't understand why you even typed it.
>>
>>51534937

>>51534791
>>51534943
These posts are mine. What do you think society's idea of morally right and wrong have to do with showing Stallman's ideas to be right or wrong?
>>
>>51534937
Ok. Define "morally wrong" please.
>>
ITT: people realizing they can't think rationally and just believe what they think smart normies believe
>>
File: 4324123u41.jpg (31KB, 550x444px) Image search: [Google]
4324123u41.jpg
31KB, 550x444px
>>51534961
>>51534943
>>51534913
>>51534873
>>51534791
>>51534211

I assume you are all very special and unique people levitating over us mortals with your unorthodox, dare I say "euphoric", interpretation of morality. With minds so powerful that the act of fucking a fetid and rotting corpse is considered ethically sound. And you sir, yes you! Over there in the trench coat questioning the VERY DEFINITION of "morality". Bravo to you! Huzzah! Excelsior!
>>
>>51531501
Seriously, most of it is actually quite sane and important.
>>
>>51532942

Garrnoooooooooooooo
>>
>>51533881
I believe he is a devil's advocate in these arguments.
>>
>>51535175
It would be prudent to have some sort of disclaimer then. Advocating for the devil is something that has existed for centuries, and it's always come from a position of "vetting" a person or belief.

Not scattered among what I presume to be his actual opinions.
>>
>>51535121
Nice bait.
>>
>>51535217
Define "bait" for me.
>>
Jews on /g/? Not on /pol/s watch!
>>
I don't understand his complaint against boarding long-distance trains "because of their ID policy" when he flies in planes all the time. How exactly does he manage to board these planes without presenting identification, going through security, and "alerting Big Brother" to his movements? Inconsistent, no?

His defense for necrophilia, pedophilia, and incest are also not quite as sound and logical as they appear on the surface. They are beliefs that are not supported empirically nor are they logical conclusions from his initial premise. Pedophilia has been shown to greatly harm the development of children. Pedophilia "when the child wants it" has not been shown to "cause no harm" as Stallman claims and I do not know how one would research such a topic.

As for necrophilia, "you can do whatever you want to a dead body" does not logically follow from "this person is dead." The existence of the practice of last wills indicates that the dead have ownership and power to decide what happens to their possessions and body after death. It is impossible to be certain what an individual would have desired for themselves after death in absence of a will, but it cannot be concluded that the deceased "doesn't care because they are dead." Stallman is free to believe as such because there is not enough evidence either way, but there is nothing "logical" in the belief (it's interesting that Stallman lists necrophilia as the second priority for his own body after death, with medical research as first, but why should we do either for him given his belief in forfeiture of ownership of one's body after death? His corpse and his person now requesting the above are two entirely different things according to him. Seems inconsistent again).
>>
>>51535237
>hooked
>>
File: 2084983941.jpg (52KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
2084983941.jpg
52KB, 560x560px
>>51535503
Well played anon. Well played.
>>
>>51535121
> questioning the VERY DEFINITION of "morality"
I'm interested, what is the very definition of morality?
>>
>>51530917
You know what i hate. The word freeware and its missleadingness
>>
>>51535462
>Pedophilia has been shown to greatly harm the development of children
are you retarded? Some dude fapping off to naked anime girls in his moms basement has nothing to do with children actually getting harmed?
What you are talking about is child molestation, which (unlike pedophilia) is a crime and a very rare occurrence among pedophiles. Saying pedophilia is hurts children is like saying heterosexuality hurts women because heteros rape them.
>>
>>51535615
>naked anime girls
Nice try, "retard", but pedophilia does not exclusively refer to your cartoon drawings.
>>
>>51535638
it doesn't, but wouldn't loli hentai be the easiest way to get off without doing something illegal
>>
>>51535627
Stop being so pedantic. You know what he means.
>>
>>51535677
this is a Richard Mememan thread. This is a place to be pedantic if I've ever come across one
>>
Just call it libre software, instead of trying to force your shitty forced definitions on others.
>>
>>51531584
But he's not normal. He has conditions for giving conferences, and clearly some people find it acceptable since they comply with them. You don't need to like the conditions, it's not like you're entitled to having him do things for you.
>>
>>51535738

see

>51515366

The guy is a complete asshole, even when people want to accommodate him.
>>
>>51535738

>>51515366
typo
>>
>>51534515
4chan's autism is real autism, anon.
>>
I fucking love RMS exacly for all that bullshit and jeopadarzing and fucking with social norms. That is what linux user looks like. Ad least to me not some fucker in the suite with consulting fees and rolex but that rms is what i love in linux
Normies get out
>>
Would you fuck RMS dead body?
And how do they even manage to prepare it?
Will it be in some kind of dead people love hotel
>>
>>51535862
>That is what linux user looks like.

Err, I think you'll find that's GNU/Linux
>>
>>51535809
Eh wasn't saying he's not an asshole/autist, just saying that he's entitled to set his own conditions for work, just as people are entitled to refuse them and not have him.
>>
>>51531618
I have extremely similar tastes in food and share close opinions with Stallman.
>>
Bumpw
>>
>>51536008
Better go to a psychiatrist. You don't want what he has. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>51534071

>>autist
>>
neo-g is pure cancer. Go talk about your smartphones and your favorite YouTubers and your gaming hardware and leave RMS alone.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.