[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what can i do with an old celeron d dell from 2004? specs are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: dell.jpg (147KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dell.jpg
147KB, 1200x1200px
what can i do with an old celeron d dell from 2004?
specs are the following:
>celeron d running at 2.33ghz
>512mb ddr ram
>80gb ide drive

is this thing complete junk or is there some use for it?
>>
lube it up and it might fit
>>
Linux server.
>>
Git server.
>>
get it suped up with a fresh install of windows xp, find archived installers of programs and install diablo II
>>
install gentoo
mumble server
>>
>>51524883
Take out all the hardware. Use the case for dildo storage you faggot.
>>
NAS?
>>
You can play diablo II

LADDER RESET YESTERDAY

I KINDA WISH THEY'D STOP SO I CAN STOP PLAYING THE GAME
>>
>>51524883
Install Windows XP and emulators. Give it to a teenager.
>>
>>51524926
this, mumble/linux server.
its honestly not worth for even that considering the power draw and noise these things have.
>>
>>51524961
They're still doing that? Geez. I remeber being incredibly butthurt when they broke by burizon in 1.10, that had to be like 2006.
>>
>>51524926
>>51524907
>>51524905
>>51525732
>>51524951
basement dwellers detected

Come on... this a really shitty single core CPU with like 90W TDP and the performance arguably worse in most respects than that of a 30$ 4W TDP PI2.

>>51524883
If you need a server, you can get 65nm Xeon chips including boards and RAM for basically nothing and I'm talking 50$ here, since they are shit. Yet they are still like a hundred times faster and a thousand times more efficient than a fucking Celeron D.
>>
Got one of these with 2 gigs of ram. Dunno what to do with it either. Already have a server with a phenom x4 9650. Thought of using it for pfsense but seems like a waste of electricity.
>>
>>51524883
If you must use it then keep it as a sort of apocalypse box. Keep it for backups and put the data there once every couple of months. In the chance of an apocalypse your data will be there just in case.
>>
>>51524883
Donate it to poor people
>>
upgrade ram to 2gb and then it'll probably be fine for light work

also make sure to blow the dust out of it
>>
Put it back in the school dumpster you took it from
>>
sell it to some faggot for like 40 bucks and he'll probably make something with Linux or some shit
>>
>>51524883
ssd instead of hard drive
>>
>>51527402
>Your data
>80 GB
>>
Gut it and build a stealth rig with modern hardware
>>
>>51527444
Honestly, this is the best thing to do. There are people who would appreciate it.

The thing isn't even as good as a vm on a modern computer, so it isn't even good for mucking about with new distros or anything.
>>
sold one of these to some chump for £80
>>
Solution 1
>Drive out to random intersection in your town
>leave it in the middle of the intersection
>videotape it as you drive away
>add sad piano music and post on youtube

Solution 2
>Wait 30 years
>get a lot of old friends
>strike up yet another conversation about how kids today don't get it
>"Hey guys I got a real still working antique for you, let me just go into the other room and get it!"
>disassemble and leave parts all over the fucking room and take over 40 minutes
>leave the house immediately and then state and never talk to them again
>except for 5 years later place a phone call, and say "BEE, TEE, ECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and hang up
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.