Let's talk about Pomf clones. Share methods, code patches, tips and tricks, and archive dumps here.
IRC: #pomfret @ Rizon
News since previous thread:
- Pantsu.cat died twice and remains down for going over bandwidth limits.
- Pantsu.cat is considering to shutdown for good due to financial burden.
- Madokami died and resurrected with a new maintainer. It may be going down forever in upcoming months.
- Mixtape.moe raised $715 in donations for new servers.
- Sheesh.in shutdown.
New clones since previous thread:
What are you working on?
There's still one more issue withwubthecaptain/pomf refactor-response-apithat needs to be fixed before 2.0.0 release.
I created a pomf clone called partyvan.moe
1) Fully open-source, released under the MIT license https://github.com/Partyvan/Nekomimi
2) Files are encrypted/decrypted during upload/download using AES-128-GCM, only the client is aware of the key, IV, and tag
3) Thus the server has zero awareness of the file contents besides their size and extension/MIME type. Access logs and error logs are disabled on the nginx layer, gunicorn never receives any client headers either
4) Hosted in the Netherlands, in Worldstream, on a server with a gigabit line and a 50TB/month bandwidth cap
5) Provides deletion links and the ability to set an expiration date for your files.
6) File size cap is 200MB per file
Nice. I think some credit is due for Pomf's resources though, such as the CSS./**
* Copyright (c) 2013, 2014 Peter Lejeck <[email protected]>
* Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
* of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
* in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
* to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
* copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
* furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
* The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
* all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
* IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
* FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
* AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
* LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
* OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
You should probably also attribute borhmeista/1338 for the dark theme.
Is there API compatibility?
Firefox addon for uploading with the context menu
Accepting feature requests.
Don't forget, you can't use it if you're not male!
i retained 1338.cf's original header to the CSS, but I'll make a point to give them further credit.
The API is entirely new, and written in Flask/Python rather than PHP. I'll add a wiki page that documents it soon, but it should be simple enough to figure out through reading the source code alone
I'll add a wiki page for it soon enough
This is also too long and unreadable. Use short-hand selectors. For note, there's no Poly1035 support in this cipher list.
Could you please add IPv6 support on partyvan.moe? AAAA records are missing.
I'd suggest you also setup an MX record with [email protected] and
Thanks, adding them all on my todo list. As for IPv6 support, there are no IPv6 addresses assigned to the server currently so I'll have to sort that out first.