[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scanners are technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: fuckingscanner.jpg (12KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingscanner.jpg
12KB, 500x265px
I have this old ass canon scanner that doesnt have windows 7 drivers, because canon sucks assholes. the only program that supports it with its built in driver is VueScan, but the free version puts watermarks on the scans. and other software cant access it with the installed driver from vuescan... is there any way else to use this goddamn scanner on win 7 64 bit?

ive tried serials from the net to register it to full version but none work... current version of vuescan is 9.5.28 does anyone have a uhm... "working" serial they can share? I hate to get rid of a working scanner because canon are fucking jews and dont support their older products. Shit I have a old ass HP printer that works on win 7 and a older ass HP scanner/printer combo that works on win 7 (this one has a bad CCFL in the scanner) so I cant use it

FUCK YOU CANON. pic related scanner I have
>>
try using Vista 64bit or even XP 64bit drivers

force a manual install using the device manager
>>
>>51523250

there are no vista 64 drivers just regular vista drivers... and all the googling ive done doesnt seem to have any work around that actually works
>>
>>51523267
k well you could at least give us the model number of the damn scanner
>>
>>51523028
Download the buy a new scanner driver
>>
>>51523286

canoscan N1240U
>>
Old scanners generally don't have Windows 7 drivers if they were released during the middling period of XP ownership, mostly because unlike printers, scanners retain their value and usefulness, meaning that breaking compatibility in newer versions of Windows will ensure that you buy their brand-new Windows 7-ready scanners
>>
holy shit i think i have this same one
is it only powered by USB?
why dont you just use your phone to scan? even the insurance companies let me do that
>>
>>51523547

looks like that is what im gonna have to do unless someone has a serial for Vuescan 9.5.28
>>
>>51523564

yes its USB powered and the point of me scanning it is to have the files on my computer, why would I scan with a fucking phone? I want a GOOD scan not a phone capture
>>
>>51523587
can you run the driver installer in compatibility mode?
>>
>>51523587
>>51523499
here try some of these

Email Address: [email protected]
Serial Number: 116297270
Customer Number: 1441866706

Customer Number: 1665999826

Customer Number: 1954554834

Customer Number: 1522607058
>>
>>51523570
Vuescan doesn't work unless your scanner is installed with some sort of driver, and while you can force a 32-bit XP driver, there aren't any 64-bit XP drivers, so it still doesn't work

If anything, you can just download VMWare and install XP if you really need to scan, but don't feel like buying a new one
>>
>>51523679

VUESCAn supports over 2000 scanners, and it has a built in driver.. I can use the vuescan AP to scan with the scanner, but it puts a WATERMARK on the scanned image because its the free version. I explained this in my initial post

the scanner works with VUESCAN on WINDOWS 7 because it has the driver built it, but there is no standalone driver for windows 7 itself. GET IT?
>>
>>51523663

DUDE you are a lifesaver. one of these worked. thanks bro
>>
>>51523700
calm down bro its just a prank
please see my post >>51523663
>>
>>51523737

oh.. sorry theres so many trolls on here lately... but anyways one of those keys worked and its now pro version. thanks anon
>>
ok it says its the pro edition but when I scan it still has a fucking watermark

is this software just shit or what?
>>
you know what fuck this software and fuck this scanner im not going to bother. nothign works and its too much trouble ill just throw this bitch into the trash
>>
File: 1448442726047.jpg (288KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1448442726047.jpg
288KB, 1600x900px
>>51523028
i have a lide20 that only had 32bit drivers. couldn''t get it run install on win7 64bit (and now win10 64bit). so installed vmware workstation, installed win8.1 32bit os, 32bit drivers installed okay. now can do scans using old scanner.
>>
>>51523028
> I have this old ass canon scanner that doesnt have windows 7 drivers, because canon sucks assholes.
Lel, you expect them to write drivers for every goddamn OS Microsoft comes up with? Dream on.

>is there any way else to use this goddamn scanner on win 7 64 bit?
Yes, pay for vuescan, support the developer who made it possible to still use that turd?

Alternatively, try it on Linux. Since Linux doesn't change kernel and stuff interfaces for everything every two versions, maybe the driver still works.

Or "scan" with your DSLR or MILC camera.
>>
>>51524877
and i tried virtualbox but the usb support for scanners is screwed up and never worked. thats why using vmware.
>>
>>51524877

I tried it with vmware running 32 bit XP, it never worked.. when I had windows XP installed on my last computer it worked fine. so apparently the VM support is not good either

anyways fuck this scanner im going to trash it, its useless to me now unless I build a machine and put XP on it just to use a scanner... which seems stupid
>>
>>51524916

thanks for the smartass replies... canon just sucks.. I have old HP hardware that was able to work fine on win 7 with no alterations. but canon... no go. this is why I would never buy anything canon ever again. EVER. fuck you canon niggers
>>
>>51526171
its not a problem with only canon stuff. the problem happens with any old hardware from companies that keep making newer devices and stop making drivers for the older os. it true of video cards, printers, drive controllers, etc. they want you to buy their latest stuff. so your frustration is just where they want you to be (trash and buy new).
>>
>I tried it with vmware running 32 bit XP, it never worked
don't know what caused it to fail. i got my old scanner to work with win8.1 in vmware 11 (including an old label printer). oh well.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.