[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bitgamer is hacked >all passwords and IP's in plain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (41KB, 344x95px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
41KB, 344x95px
>bitgamer is hacked
>all passwords and IP's in plain text
>not a single thread.
welp
>>
hasn't bitgamer been dead for a long time now?
>>
>>51516313
there was a new one, until yesterday.
>>
pirates deserve what they get
>>
Bitgamer died fucking ages ago. If you decided to join that honeypot remake run by retards that's your fucking problem for being a dumbshit. Most of us had more sense.
>>
>>51516303
>bitgamer is hacked
Ah shit. They've not done well with security.

>all passwords and IP's in plain text
People shout this every time it goes down, but they never actually give a source for it. Where did you hear that from?
>>
>using a shitty private tracker like Bitgamer

Kek they get what they deserve for not using a quality private tracker.
>>
>>51516365
>If you decided to join that honeypot remake run by retards that's your fucking problem for being a dumbshit. Most of us had more sense.

This. Only retards join trackers with open signups.
>>
>>51516563
>Only retards join trackers with open signups.
Doesn't every tracker run open signups when they're small?
>>
>>51516365
Seconded.
who the fuck still uses torrents anyway?
>>
>>51516647
Yes, but bitgamer never stopped doing open signups because they were always bleeding users.

The trackers that only do open signups once are usually the ones that take security at the utmost importance.
>>
>>51516303
I don't know a single person that was in bitGamer or affected by it.

I doubt it was even 'hacked'. The admin probably finally decided to close up shop and try to harvest everyone's shit.
>>
>>51516664
Most people? Centralized servers for piracy tend to fall over pretty fast, and bittorrent is probably the least centralized file transfer system that's in serious use. Eventually people might move to pulling movies off Tahoe-LAFS or some shit, but that's not really a thing yet.

>>51516671
>The trackers that only do open signups once are usually the ones that take security at the utmost importance.
I don't see how the two are connected. "security" as in controlling who gets in and "security" as in breaking the site are competently distinct.
>>
Never heard of Bitgamer.

If you haven't heard of a tracker on torrent sites, you shouldn't sign up for it.
>>
>>51516718
>>51516734
>I don't know a single person that was in bitGamer or affected by it.
>Never heard of Bitgamer.
I was on there. They didn't seem to have much in the way of technical chops (things broke pretty often), but they had a very nice selection of old ROMS. It didn't seem that small.
>>
>>51516770
>old ROMS
I miss UG
>>
Both "Bitgamer" and "Underground Gamer" are fake clones that just used the tracker information and torrent files to create a knockoff in order to lure gullible retards into joining. BG migrated to GG, which apparently died, assuming they just haven't been down for a couple days, and UG is now at RW, which requires the most autistic entry qualifications known to man

This is barely a loss
>>
Do content owners even bother threatening leechers anymore?
>>
>>51516789
>Both "Bitgamer" and "Underground Gamer" are fake clones that just used the tracker information and torrent files to create a knockoff in order to lure gullible retards into joining.
BitGamer v2 were pretty explicit about they fact that they weren't the original site. Calling them a "fake clone" seems a little unreasonable.
>>
>>51516789
>the most autistic entry qualifications known to man
more like plain impossible if you weren't a member of the old UG or knew someone in there. Even if you were an old member, you needed fucking screenshots of you browsing the site to even be considered.
>>
File: 1446946363693.png (14KB, 364x322px) Image search: [Google]
1446946363693.png
14KB, 364x322px
>>51516303
>falling for the private tracker meme

lmao
>>
>>51516313
it was, the retards were using a honeypot
patricians use black-cats anyways
>>
>>51517184
>black-cats
I had an account there before bitgamer and continued to maintain it even after bg died up until I moved to ggn. I just don't like it
>>
>>51516889
I had to complain a lot to a RW mod on another tracker, and he eventually caved and said if I forwarded my initial invite email, he'd let me in, but that was a fluke because A) I still had my invite email, and B) this tracker was peak-sekrit klub and everyone on it is assumed to be in on some next-level shit, the average user that wants in isn't going to have this luxury and/or have an invite email from 2008

They're still full-asspain paranoid after the Fifa takedown, and it's gonna be a looooooooong time before the normies get a shot at entry
>>
>>51517412
I wonder if I still have my UG invite somewhere, I've definitely still got some .torrent files from it and probably have some screenshots of my ratio around somewhere (but with name censored out) but that's definitely not enough proof.
>>
>>51517184
What was the imposter site called?

>>51516779
We all do man. So many books lost.
>>
>>51517528
wasn't it like bitgamer.ck or something?
>>
>>51516303
lol, again?
>>
>>51517444
I guess I'm boned because I registered to UG when it was public sign up.
Who thinks to take screenshots of themselves using a site anyway?
>>
>>51517553
No idea. I thought it was dead as shit long ago with no return.
>>
>>51516303
>soon 2k16 still not using Usenet
>>>/reddit/ get off /g/ faggot
>>
>>51516303

what the fuck is bitgamer?
>>
>>51517997
Private tracker for games.
>>
File: 675.png (92KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
675.png
92KB, 600x489px
>mfw I traded a bitgamer invite for a what invite
>it was 2011

Still have that account.
>>
>>51518062
>>>/hm/
>>
>run a website for resume purposes
>all passwords sallted and hashed
>database is gziped, then encrypted with triple des
It's just not that hard.
>>
Sources and DB
Please
>>
>>51518893
https://archive.is/7qXSa

It's down now but you can look at that plain text password leak in google cache.
>>
>>51517960
I found out my isp offers usenet access yesterday, how do I find shit there and keep myself safe?
>>
File: 32143245.jpg (56KB, 628x600px) Image search: [Google]
32143245.jpg
56KB, 628x600px
>>51516303
>tfw shit like this will never happen to facebook
>>
Damn shame, that was my backup in case BCG went down.
>>
>hahaha retards joining X tracker this will never happen to me on Y tracker

How are you so fucking confident? Are you personally involved with security there?
>>
>>51518916
>>51518916
Thx
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.