[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X1 Carbon BTFO g on Suicide watch and apple on NRS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 1356639818290.jpg (41KB, 760x571px) Image search: [Google]
1356639818290.jpg
41KB, 760x571px
>The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (2014) quite likely the worst keyboard layout ever to have been inflicted upon laptop users

Tell me g how much productive I can get with a thinkpad with the WORST keyboard layout.
>>
oops forgot to post link http://gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/opinion/tablets-arent-killing-laptops-laptop-manufacturers-are-killing-laptops-701206
>>
>>51505804
Stop giving money to Lenovo!

IBM Thinkpad != Lenovo Chinkpad
>>
So I guess I shouldn't get this?
>>
>>51506242
OP says you should get an Applel product instead :^)
>>
But Apple products are not certified for use in space.
>>
>>51506296

Chris Hadfield took his iPad to ISS, does it count?
>>
>>51505804
Keyboard ain't that bad and is entirely subjective.
But everyone listen to OP.
The key travel and layout between my past 4 laptops and my 2010 17" mbp is relatively indistinguishable once you use any of them for a month long period.
But since I'm not a paid reviewer, my opinion is wrong.
>>
>>51505804
>>51505822
>Stupid shit in subject thread
>Meme arrows quoting nobody
>g without slashes
>Forgets to put in his clickbait link

Yep it's a newfig bait thread.
>>
>>51506280
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>51506097
>Stop giving money to Lenovo!
They still make pretty durable laptops for very reasonable price, even their non business models are great.
Other brands like Dell and HP make consumer grade laptops so shitty, they need atleast one of their parts to be replaced in the first year of usage.
>>
>>51506317
gotta play candy crush and check facebook even in space eh?
>>
>>51505804
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>51506375
>Spelling caret wrong
>>
>>51505804
>2014

Yes, Lenovo went full Apple in 2014.

2015 models are fine though.
>>
>>51506097

"Chinkpads" are still the highest quality laptops money can buy.
Just a little overpriced maybe.

Until someone makes something better it's stupid to complain about their Chinese origin.
>>
>>51506375
^:)
>>
>ThickBads
>>
>dat insane layout
MADMEN!
>>
>>51507534
And in the blue corner pic related.
>>
>>51507534
So do you just not use capslock on this computer? Other than that, it seems fine to me.
>>
>>51506655
They didn't go full apple, they went full chink. Copy Apple, make a worse laptop.

It's like

>How do we get more sales?
"Well apple products are selling well let's make shoddy copies of them not understanding why apple products are selling or that our company can't compete in that bracket of product"
>Should we alienate our existing consumerbase?
"Of course! Why not have all the customers! Consumers like shoddily-made halfbreed chimeras"
>>
>>51507580
>home/end on the left
>backspace/delete next to each other
>page up/down around arrow-keys
>no function-keys

>fine

disgusting
>>
>>51507594
1. I never use Home/end on my keyboards.

2. I use delete a lot, so it being next to backpsace is pretty decent.

3. Don't use the page up/down keys ever, but that might be an annoyance if I accidentally hit them.

4. Didn't even realize that, you're right, no fucking thanks.
>>
>>51506542
What good is durability when they come with unremovable malware?
>>
>>51507738
>Implying any laptop manufacturer doesn't do this nowadays
>>
>>51507752
Do you even lemote?
>>
>>51507752
Name another laptop manufacture that got caught injecting malware through the BIOS

So far Lenovo is the only one to hold that honor
>>
>>51507780
It looks like chinkware, which I would assume has it built into it, but I have no source on that. Maybe it's good, maybe it's bad?

>>51507813
Aw, you changed it to "BIOS", now I can't say Apple, or any other company that pre-loads computers with Windows or Mac OS. =(
>>
>>51507849
Not even remotely the same

Lenovo is the lowest of the lowest in this area

Also
>doesn't know what lemote is
Are you new here?
>>
>>51507813
Dell had GODMODE backdoors in the bios of workstations and business laptops IIRC
>>
>>51505804
Laptop manufacturers are the reason why I will never buy a fucking laptop ever again.
>>
>>51507870
I don't look into Laptops at all, so to these kinds of threads, sure? I just have a really nice desktop and a shitty Chinkpad. Laptops are too expensive for the lack of power you get out of them. Only reason I have the Chinkpad is because I have Linux on it, for when I need to do things on that OS, or lay in bed and watch YouTube.
>>
>>51507907
Sure, but that's actually a feature in the minds of businesses

>employee goes rogue
>you can now wipe their work computer remotely
>>
>>51507912
RMS used to use a lemote
>>
>>51507919
dietybounce, and a number of other utilities were directly tied back to the NSA iirc. Thats decidedly NOT a feature. it allowed for total remote acess control including wiping of internal and external drives remotely, and monitoring. Im not sure that is something anyone wants controlled at the BIOS level by a 3rd party
>>
>>51507941
>Thats decidedly NOT a feature. it allowed for total remote acess control including wiping of internal and external drives remotely, and monitoring. Im not sure that is something anyone wants controlled at the BIOS level by a 3rd party
You underestimate corporate IT
>>
>>51507941
FYI, every iPhone and Android phone have that exact same functionality
>>
>>51507955
cept it was not only tied to the company. there is no valid reasoning that the NSA was allowed access to the protocol. I understand the "niceness" of it as a feature to protect sensitive documents from a company from going public, but at the point where its not just an issue between the user, and the company, but now gets a governing body involved is sort of crazy to think about.
>>
>>51507966
yes, but that is user initiated through remote log in : it does not work if the phones are not tied to an account (at least the android one) and i dont have any google apps on my phone, this no ability to wipe remotely in the event its stolen or lost.

My phone is also ancient and running CM6, so make of it what you will
>>
I compensate the bad keyboard layout with xmodmap.
It is not an ideal solution but it is close enough.
I agree with a lot of the points he made.
Laptops are getting worse.
>>
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that Lenovo ditched this keyboard layout in the newest X1 Carbon because they realized that it was shit.
>>
Does anyone acually use the little button in the middle of the keyboard or does everyone just pop the top off like i do so you cant accodently hit it while typing? That has got to be the absolute worst feature that everyone jumped on board with for a bit and still hangs around. Its like the evil fuckers said "how can we fuck with them while they are trying to work... i know, put a little mouse button in the middle of the kwyboard to move their cursor randomly!!"
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.