[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've really tried to ask anywhere, so here goes. If anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

I've really tried to ask anywhere, so here goes. If anyone comes up with a tips that helps me resolve this problem, I will paypal you 30$ if you link your paypal.

SPECS: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz Manufacturer Intel Speed 3.3 GHz Number of ory 6144 MB Total Memory 6144 MB Memory 16 GB OperatinCores 6

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

I recently bought a new PC, and I've been a bit unhappy with the performance, I only get around 60-90fps, and having 144hz monitors, I'd really like to get the fps at least up there, and given my requirements, it should easily be doable. I mostly play DotA 2/cs:go and I recentlty started playing Overwatch. I should be able to run these games at least at 144fps, but somehow I'm stuck around 60-90. Any tips? I had to change CPU settings to auto in the BIOS to prevent frequent crashes, i don't know if this has any interference with the poor performance.

Manufacturer NVIDIA Chipset GeForce GTX 980 Ti Dedicated Memg System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit Display
>>
>>51505036
What did you even exactly change in the bios?
>>
>>51505036
monitor your cpu and gpu usage while playing to see which one is bottlenecking you

also post speccy
>>
>>51505036
Fuck me, I know what is your problem but don't into paypal.
>>
>>51505068
I had to change the cpu options from "Sync all cores" to "auto".
>>
did you plug your monitor into your gpu, as opposed to your motherboard?
>>
You bought a shit processor for gaming. Sell that and buy a 6700K.
>>
>>51505145
Just Reset the Bios.
Plug your screen connector to the GPU instead of the motherboard.
And then do a test and see if its still doing the same thing.

We're going all out with retard proof testing.
>>
>>51505167
Yes, I plugged it into the GPU
>>
>>51505182
This is me btw.
>>
>>51505204
I did all that.

>>51505174
I have a friend with the same processor and a slightly worse gpu that runs games smoother than me.
>>
>>51505255
Alright.
Did you change anything in the nvidia settings pannel or have you installed anything at all recently?
>>
>>51505275
Disabled vsync
Disabled "nvidia streaming services"
Changed power to maximum performance

that's about it I think
>>
>>51505305
Try launching both dota 2 and CS go on bot match with this flag
-nod3d9ex

Last 2 updates been a little fucky.
>>
>>51505333
>I keep removing the trip mah
>>
You guys suck at TS.

>>51505090
Well fuck it. Here OP, I'll save you 30$.

First of all the computer should not be crashing, reset bios and update it. Keep to the default settings until you lurk enough on to properly set it.

Even though there's that problem, my money is on the problem not even being on the hardware. I bet you are using either a dvi single link which is limiting your hz on the monitor or even simpler, you have the hz limited by software such as windows.

144hz monitors either have a dvi-dual link capability, display port or both.

Right click on an empty space on the desktop, go to screen resolution, advanced settings.
On that new window go to the monitor tab, change the hz from 60 to 144.
Make sure you are using a dual link dvi or display port.

Thank me later.
>>
>>51505348
>He thinks jumping through the hoops makes a permanent solution
ayy lmao.
>>
>>51505174
What are you talking about, the 5820k is equally or better than the 6700k for most new games.
>>
>>51505348
Well, I've done is basically disabled a slight OC from the factory, shouldn't be neccesary anyways since the processor is pretty much golden on it's own. I have used a dual link cable.

the nod3d9ex actually gave me a slight performance boost in cs:go, did nothing in dota though.
>>
File: filename.jpg (32KB, 503x557px) Image search: [Google]
filename.jpg
32KB, 503x557px
>>51505364
>using a command line exclusive to source engine is a permanent solution for the overall pc performance
>>
>>51505513
Both dota 2 and CS got their default DirectX version changed and it fucked up performance
>>51505576
>DirectX Version
>Exclusive to Source engine

You're dumb nigga.

Also lets see.

Done anything else to the PC recently?
>>
>>51505513
Also Dota 2 Bot matches are more resource intensive so it might not seem like it did anything until you go do a real match.
>>
>>51505633
Thanks for the info captain obvious, now try that startup command on any other game that is not ran on source and enjoy the nothing happening, idiot.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.