[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite being an old phone, any drawbacks on getting an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (370KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
370KB, 3000x2000px
Despite being an old phone, any drawbacks on getting an iPhone 5S in 2016?
>>
>>51504325

You will have fewer years of support.

That is all.

Last good looking iPhone imo.
>>
>>51504330

I still like the form factor. Sure its a smaller device, but it doesn't bulge out of the pocket and still takes decent photos.
>>
You have a chance that the newer iOS version that come out run laggy on your shit. This is no guarantee, of course, but we've seen it in the 4(S).

And yes, as >>51504330 notes, less support. To some extent, this overlaps with the poor performance.
>>
>>51504325
less features than an new phone obviously, but that is a good model really. Touch ID, pretty fast, ok battery, great camera, latest bluetooth so you can use titbits or whatever
>>
>>51504330

To be honest I just wish it had NFC - it would be the perfect pickup for the price over the expensive 6 and now 6s.
>>
>>51504356
NFC is obsolete. It has apple Pay
>>
>>51504361

>it has Apple Pay

The 5s doesn't though does it? That's what I meant by NFC.
>>
>>51504325
5s was beautiful, but I bet it must run the latest ios like shit :(
>>
>>51504325
man you should get the iPhone 6, it's nice well perfect on hand.
>>
>>51504338

Yeah it's the iPhone I would get if I happened to be getting an iPhone. Go for it.

Might just want to be careful about newer versions of IOS. Wait to see if there is some horrible lag on your model before updating yourself.
>>
>>51504405
>well perfect on hand.

DESIGNATED.
>>
>>51504325
>any drawbacks
you are getting the last nice iphone. the following models look straight up ugly
>>
It's risky, but on the other hand it's the last good looking iPhone and it will still just werk for maybe a year

to be honest, a friend is using the 5S and he is already saying he wants to switch because the newest (idk, I think it was few months ago) iOS versions keep fucking his phone, it was perfect but you know apple won't let you have an older iPhone, he doesn't want to switch, but he thinks, like me, that the iPhone 6 is ugly as fuck compared to 4/5 so he waits for the iPhone 7 to hopefully look better

also happend to my iPhone 4, I was happy with it but apple FORCED me to upgrade to iOS 7 (I think it was 7) and that fucked my phone, even keyboard was laggy as fuck

maybe iPhone 7 / 8 will look good again
>>
>>51504496

OP here. When I had the iPhone 4S for work it was perfect. Then came iOS7 and then iOS8 and Chrome was virtually unusable. It would take SECONDS to actually see words that ive typed display on the screen.

Having said that it took spectacular photos compared to my personal Galaxy SIII, hence why I always used it.
>>
>>51504496
>FORCED me to upgrade

Wait is that actually a thing? I thought if you were careful you could at least avoid updating to planned obsolescence version of IOS. Just stick with the last version that worked acceptably rather than the last "supported" version.
>>
>>51504325
Depends on what you're paying for it...
>>
>>51504572
Well, "forced" is maybe a little bit exaggerated

I had iOS 4 (or 5, I don't remember anymore) and never updated because everything just worked
it worked perfectly fine and then suddenly one day, I couldn't open some apps.
I'm not talking about shitty gaymes but apps that I needed everyday, like whatsapp.

Every 5 minutes this message popped up "you need the latest iOS Version to..."
if I wanted to update whatsapp or download a new app from appstore "you need the latest iOS Version..."

I had important chats and groups on whatsapp so I updated asap
nightmare, everything lags, can't even type on keyboard without lags

then I wanted to switch to the newest iPhone, but the 6 looks so bad to me

now using the LG G4, it's great, the curved design is sometimes annoying but overall great
and android also good enough for me, altough I liked the iPhone music player a lot more
>>
it won't start : too old and rusty.

it won't call : everything is obsolete, we don't use these old signals anymore
>>
>>51504325
i'm still on 4s.
it just werks.
>>
Apple Shill Thread
>>
>>51504396
I have a 5 on the latest iOS and it's fine.
>>
>>51504330
4s was the last good looking iPhone

Everything else is oddly shaped and too big
>>
>>51504325
Nope, it's a great phone.
>>
>>51504527
Wait for iPhone 6c

Supposed to be the 5 with the guts of the 6s or somethnig
>>
>>51504361
Apple pay is nfc fucktard
>>
>>51504682
There are tons of music players. find one you like better
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.