[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi everyone. My mums old Nokia phone that's going to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (125KB, 300x223px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
125KB, 300x223px
Hi everyone. My mums old Nokia phone that's going to go out of service on the 1st of December. Therefore she needs a new phone, and we've had trouble figuring out what one to get.

She needs it for the basic purposes. Phone-calls, texting, taking photos and videos and a bit of web searching. Another aspect to consider is the fact that she's not very tech-savvy. Me and my brother both have an iPhone, and we thought that if she got one too, then we'd be able to help her use it a lot more then if she got another brand. But that's a minor issue, I suppose, as we could learn how to use another phone eventually.

We've considered:
- iPhone 5c (older, but still quite modern and runs well with iOS9)
- iPhone 4s (older, cheaper, but I'm concerned about its performance with iOS9)
- some sort of Windows phone (I have very little knowledge about Windows phones, but apparently they're user friendly and cheap, while still being good phones).
- some sort of Moterola phone (probably would prefer a windows over motorola)

Any help would be really appreciated.
>>
>>51503740
If she used Nokia before then a Jolla would be the obvious choice. They're currently pretty cheap, too.
>>
Muy mom wanted a nokia so I bought her a nokia 520. Two years and its still rocking, she is happy with it
>>
>>51503850
>>51503871

I'll check these 2 out, cheers fellas
>>
I got my mom $80 Chinese Doogee a year ago and she's happy with it.
>>
>iPhone 5c (older, but still quite modern and runs well with iOS9)

No it's not. Shit runs like shit.
>>
Just get her a cheap windows phone. Simple and runs like a champ on budget hardware.

The "app gap" is not important since she clearly gives zero fucks about smartphone things.
>>
>>51503740

Just get her an iPhone. Bought my mom a 4s years ago and it still works for her. She only asked me to teach her a few things less than 15 times or something. Maybe get her a pink 6s as a christmas present. I know my mom wants one.
>>
>>51503740
Just get her a wangblows phone, theres no way she'll fuck it up, its security wise, locked down more than ios and the ui is pretty minimalist and sonewhat userfriendly. Its also smooth as fuck, something lagdroid never will be. Also since shes just using it for mainly calls and basic smartphone features, the lack of apps wouldnt be much of an issue. Plus, as long as its not the sub $50, youll have no problems with a lumia.

If you really want to go android, the moto g/e ia your best bet.

What ever you do, dont get an iphone, she'll literally only use maybe 10% of its actual worth when a similar budget phone would fulfil all her needs.

>>51503850
>jolla
You can still buy those things lol?
>>
>>51503740
Lumia 530/535. Built like a tank, and the huge font sizes are a plus for... older adults.
>>
>>51503740
Don't go for iPhone 4 bro, I have a spare one and ever since the 8 update, it has begun to overheat while doing literally nothing. It overheats when you charge it, it overheats when you use it for more than 5 minutes, battery seems to last a lot less to, even though it's like 6 months old
>>
>>51504951
Dont get the 530 it fucking sucks, the 535 is wayyyy better
>>
>>51504951
This is what I reckon I'll get now. Cheers buddy
>>
>>51504952
Really? Haven't heard of that happening. Bad luck bro
>>
>>51504914
That's true about the iPhone
>>
>>51504803
My 5s works it fine. Spose they are a bit different though
>>
Get her a Lumia 640...

I got one for my mom, soon all the elderly folks switched from budget android phones to the Lumia 640... I guess the whole 1.7% marketshare comes from my neighbourhood pretty much.

It's seriously the only retard friendly OS out there... pin them phone, SMS on the start screen, and make the tiles large.
>>
Don't get a 4s, it's awful nowadays

I got my mom a Lumia, she had almost no trouble with it and loves how easy to use it is. Also, huge plus for the long battery life.
>>
>>51503740

An iPhone 5S or 6.

They're decently affordable, they last a long time, and they're idiot-proof. There's a reason why approx. 1 in 2 smartphones in the US is an iPhone.
>>
>>51506434
>Don't get a 4s, it's awful nowadays
How so?
Camera is good and browsing great.
Awful for normies but get sum jailbreak on that shit and you got yourself an awesome phone for 3 more years.
Hell, battery is dying? Buy one cheap on ebay.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.