[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you still buy a flip phone in 2016?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: samsung_w2016_1.jpg (76KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
samsung_w2016_1.jpg
76KB, 720x600px
Would you still buy a flip phone in 2016?
>>
>>51503734
>owning anything except a flip phone
>any year
>>
>>51503734
I would if they still sold ones that aren't deprecated.
>>
>>51503734
that phone looks cool but it ain't 1.6k cool senpai
>>
>>51503734
I wouldnt buy one even if it was cheaper, faster than "screen-phone"
>>
Is a smartphone still a smart phone even if it looks like a dumb phone?
>>
>>51503811
This all day
>>
>>51503734
I would If it could use YouTube, twitch, and Twitter
>>
Would love to but apparently the smart flipphones in modern production only work in Japan or Korea.
>>
wtf no i'm not THAT hipster
>>
File: Lenovo_A588T_Flip_Phone_Wide.jpg (101KB, 1192x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Lenovo_A588T_Flip_Phone_Wide.jpg
101KB, 1192x1000px
All I want is a flip phone that can do chat apps, nice photos, isn't ridiculously expensive and isn't stupidly slow. This chink one doesn't LOOK that bad for a cheap fag like me but...
>512mb RAM
>>
>2016
>numkey pad
>>
>>51503734
As long as it isn't larger than 4.5" in diagonal screen length, I'll stick to that.
>>
File: Sony Walkman NW-HD1.jpg (45KB, 1020x689px) Image search: [Google]
Sony Walkman NW-HD1.jpg
45KB, 1020x689px
>>51503734
If it comes with proper hardware buttons that allow great interaction, and not just a typical phone pad, and actual thought put into ergonomics, yes.
It's crazy how much was lost and forgotten. Old tech products were so fucking awesome, with so much thought put into them. Now they're just rectangles which seems to fit visual design and attempt to create sci-fi inspired concepts more than actual ergonomics.

Sony products come to mind, coming with plenty intelligently placed buttons, mostly on the sides, that your fingers seemed to find just naturally, and that provided plenty means of interaction, whether they're to be twisted, slid or rolled, very different from the basic push buttons we have these days, when they're not just touch sensitive ones. Most importantly, I miss well designed menus that expose functionalities in a smart way rather than fucking touchscreens, that are prefered just because they can "do anything" but effectively never excel at anything, and are nothing but lazy.

Only console video game UIs, and some remote controlled TV UIs seem to perpetuate good old menus, and shit, even smartwatches provide more interesting UIs than smartphones.
>>
>>51503811
This man said it. The original purpose of the way the flip phone was designed was to
>>
>>51504891
protect the screen if it was dropped.
>>
>>51504523
Not being a nostalgia fag but this phone looks amazing
Shame about the RAM tho
>>
>>51503734

If I didn't still have unlimited data I would.

Though they barely sell them because they want you to buy overpriced data plans.
>>
>>51503734
A better question is, why would you buy anything else?
>>51503811
You'll soon get your wish anon
>>
>>51503734
I still had a flip phone last year, but I doubt I'd go back to it now. Screen size being the biggest factor.
>>
>>51503734
>Would you buy a flip phone
no, not in 2016 not in 1999
>>
>>51504523
I might get this when it comes out. only £90
>>
File: brick.jpg (7KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
brick.jpg
7KB, 202x250px
>>51504891
>>51504901
>protect the screen if it was dropped.
>>
>>51504523
Is half a gig of RAM really that bad of all I do on my phone is text, WhatsApp and clover? Maybe the occasional YouTube video too.
Can you root these? Gotta get that ad blocker
>>
>>51504523
Import one.
http://www.kyoex.com/docomo-sharp-sh-06a-evangelion-nerv-edition/
>>
>>51508821
Yes
>>
>>51503734
Hell yes! I saw that samsung and wanted to buy it immeadatly! Tactile T9 is what I want! I used to be able to type full messages without looking at the screen but with on screen keyboards that's just not possible. Also I really enjoyed my flip phones back in the day. They had everything I needed and were surprisingly durable. Would mosy certainly buy an Android one it I was given the choice. Also being able to cram a huge battery in there and just replaced the back cover was choice!
>>
>>51503734
Nope. Deprecated design.
>>
I'm not buying a device with buttons, it's literally the only reason I have not bought an iphone.

That and the price.
>>
>>51508979
if only it didnt cost over $1,500 to import one.
>>
>>51508859

Gotta have android for telegram and normiebook messenger.

Plus Japanese flip phones are really expensive, normally have problems with Internet when unlocked and don't have touch screens if they are android (at least the new ones).

They are sexy as hell and seem to have very nice cameras tho.
>>
Flip phone design has always been terrible, just because of the hinge. It's the weakest part of any clamshell design and it will always be unless you put in some new tech at the hinge that won't snap.
>>
Slate phone design has always been terrible, just because of the glass screen. It's the weakest part of any slate design and it will always be unless you put some new tech at the screen so it won't smash.

Like that Motorola phone that isn't using glass.
>>
>>51503734
>not a slider

kek
>>
>>51509244

Lmao well played anon, too bad my Nokia 3310 has lasted significantly longer than the Motorola Razr.

And for that matter my PSP has lasted longer than my OG DS and the DS lite. All because of a damn hinge disconnecting the screen.

But at least with a slate phone you can put a near indestructible casing around it that'll protect your smartphone from snapping in half.

Personally I do like flip phones, but damn are they fragile.
>>
>>51508175
What the fuck?
>muh nokia meme
On /g/? And no one even called you a fucking bellend yet?
WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE HIROSHIMA, FUCK YOU NAGASAKI GET THE FUCK OUT OF 4CHAN.
>>
>>51503734
Sure, as long as it carries all of the durability and other advantages of them.

I wouldn't mind a semi-competent flip running shitdroid I could surf the web with and take decent photos with.
>>
I would and I'm looking forward buying this.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.