[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mpv vs mpdn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Photo_2015-11-23_11-46-47_PM.png (2MB, 1936x1089px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_2015-11-23_11-46-47_PM.png
2MB, 1936x1089px
Since madvr is going to be a paid shit, which player is the best on windows for you?
The nnedi3 and superxbr code from mpdn was ported into mpv recently.
Unfortunately mpv performance is terrible compared to mpdn.
>>
MPDN has a better interpolation/fluidmotion/smoothmotion result on windows.
Do not forget you can use SuperRes on MPDN that is fucking awesome.
MPDN is quite slow to start compared to mpv but it runs better on windows than mpv.
>>
Sauce?

Also, mpv is fine on Windows.
>>
Well, it was fun while it lasted. This is coming:
https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/commit/0dd315eca7fcd48d5cf4ed4f7f1c0d7b545372ce

Speaking of mpv on windows in particular, the recently committed ANGLE backend for vo=opengl is supposed to make things better, at the expense of some hq feature.
They were also talking about implementing D3D-GL interop, but I don't know if they'll proceed now that ANGLE is a thing.
>>
>>51495966
>Well, it was fun while it lasted
What's wrong?
video-sync=display-desync
video-sync-max-video-change=0

should give the old behavior while enabling display sync or am I wrong?
>>
>>51497013
There's nothing inherently wrong. Rather, that change seems to simplify the code and whatanot, so I understand why they want to do it, considering also that interpolation gives its best with display sync.
The only "issue" is that on my laptop, and I bet on other relatively low-end/old GPU, interpolation with oversample works fine, display-resample is too heavy (and I remember people in the bugtracker and in these very threads saying that). If the former will be coupled with the latter, it means that a working feature is gone.

I'll try that and see.
>>
>>51497148
On an A4 laptop using the opensource(!) drivers, spline36 scaling and oversample interpolation was the best you could do. And don't even think about debanding or dithering.

But it is still much better than it was a year ago, where the laptop would fritz out even with the closed-source drivers.
>>
>>51495512
BakaMPlayer.
>>
>>51497148
>and I remember people in the bugtracker and in these very threads saying that
Yeah that's me, before 0.11 (I think) interpolation with vsync just worked, even with opengl-hq. Even reverting to the old opengl-hq interpolation drops frames like its hot.

I'm considering trying to overclock my monitor to 48/72 Hz. Because interpolation with mitchell made video playback buttery smooth.
>>
>>51497148
Problems can be about bad defaults. Default value for video-sync-max-video-change cause framedrops even for a desktop system, set it to 0 and no drops. I'm not sure if it is actually counted as enabled or not, but looking at code it should be.
>>
>>51497245
>Qt
Fucking dropped.
>>
>>51495512
Is MPDN usable nowadays? I guess I will try it against my late august mpv compile
>>
Answer me these and I might consider MPDN instead of mpv.

>Can MPDN stream videos using livestreamer?

>Can MPDN stream videos using Youtube-dl?

>Does it look as good as or better than mpv?
>>
>needing to use 1 billion configs to play a movie

just get vlc fags
>>
>>51497148
Doesn't display-desync cause audio drift?
I don't trust it so I'm sticking with display-resample.
>>
>>51497912
?
There's only 1 config and that's in ~/.mpv
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.