[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone mind sparing a minute to help a retarded,tard, with a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20151111_001614.jpg (1MB, 2955x979px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151111_001614.jpg
1MB, 2955x979px
Anyone mind sparing a minute to help a retarded,tard, with a computer question? I am terrible with technology.

I am a dumbfuck with computers.

how can i make my computer faster it is rediculously slow?

can i get away with just installing new parts?

or would getting a new computer be cheaper?

inb4 delete system 32

cheap as possible.

please any advice helps.

it is a desktop computer by the way and it will not be used for games

specs in pic

Thanks!
>>
anyone
>>
Download more RAM. Easy and fast speedup.
>>
Gentoo
>>
Uninstall any shitware you don't need or use, run an antivirus scan, disk clean up, disk defrag
>>
Simply upgrade from either Windows (6.x) or the Pentium. I'd say that the Pentium is quite fast, but Windows Vista and later are so bloated that it's barely usable without a Core when any Pentium is just fine for any other OS, including the kind with the most bloated GNOME desktop components or even Windows 2000/XP.
>>
File: Screenshot_20151123-144236.png (316KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151123-144236.png
316KB, 1200x1920px
>/g/ is not your personal tech team
>>
>>51495059
Nice picture of your monitor. Mind me asking what camera you used to take it?
>>
>>51495329
op here

i guess you were born with the knowledge of computers

everyone starts somewhere
>>
>>51495059
Go see geek squad you retarded faggot. /g/ is not your personal tech support.
>>
>>51495553
yup, and you need to start somewhere else, in all seriousness.

as much as I'll be jumped on for faggotry, go on the /r/buildapc subreddit, it's more for this kind of thing
>>
>64 bit
>2 gb memory
why the fuck
>>
>>51495638
who is geek squad
>>
Buy an SSD. It's the single cheapest way to improve the perceived speed of your system. The other thing to do is double that ram
>>
OP, calm down.

fetch more ram and buy an ssd where you put your OS on, use your old HDD for storage

sould be at least 5x as fast
>>
>>51495670
op here

this is my fathers computer so i have no clue.
i was just looking to build him something for a xmas, gift before i deploy, for the holidays.
i don't know much and i just want to speed it up because it is god awful slow
>>
>>51495059
Buy and install a SSD.
What's the model of the computer ?
>>
>>51495754
op here

not sure. where do i find that out?
>>
>>51495059
It will probably be fine for light use if you bump up the ram to 4gb
>>
>>51495553

>everyone starts somewhere

Yes, Google.
>>
>>51495691
Seriously this. If you can manage it I would try to get a little more RAM for the machine too (at least a minimum of 4gb, no real need for much more on a machine like that).

General stuff also like uninstalling any crapware that came with the machine will also speed it up. Take a look at what's starting on boot too and disable unnecessary stuff.
>>
op here

thanks for the ones willing to help i truly appreciate it
>>
2gb ram and a pentium? No hope. A $300 build would far outperform that.
>>
>>51495059
dude, go to newegg and look at their refurbished pcs, you can get something better than that for under a hundred bucks
>>
>>51496179
>>51496203
OP's pc will be fine with 4gb ram, I think getting a new pc won't be necessary
>>
>>51496229
>>51496229
and how much would he spend on ram, cause a phenom II x2 with 4gigs of ram is around $80 refurbished, isn't that a better deal than paying what, at least $50 for ram?
>>
Like others said:

>RAM is probably your biggest problem. Buying a new 4gb stick is cheap as fuck and would already help a little.
>If you have the cash just buy a 200/300$ used pc. It will be 10 times faster than what you have right now.

If you don't want to spend any cash (or if you buy new RAM):

1. Collect everything you'd like to save on portable drive/usb/etc.
2. Format your harddrive
3. Reinstall windows

and

1. buy a can of pressured are
2. blow out all the shit that inside of your case
3. make sure the fans are nice and clean
>>
Hey op.

If you're not up for buying a new computer (which I would honestly recommend) then here's your best options.

1. RAM. make sure you have the right model of ram and go out and buy a 2gb stick. Check inside your computer and make sure you have a spare slot to install more ram.

2. SSD. ideally you can slave a hdd to the SSD, but that's probably over your head so this will be both costly and it will likely lower the total amount of storage on your computer. USB hdd is another option, but if you're gonna do that... Then why not a whole new computer?

3. Cpu upgrade. This honestly makes no sense but it is an option. Hard to install etc.

4. No money? Just run CCleaner and also go through add and remove programs through control panel. This will speed you up.

If u need any more help email me at [email protected]. I won't check back here probably
>>
>>51496279
>at least $50 for 2gb ram
where the hell do you live
>>
>>51496310
I'm assuming that's ddr1 ram, and don't they jack up the prices on obsolete ram?
>>
>>51496338
pentium G630 was released in 2011
>>
>>51496362
yeah, that's 4 years ago which is like what a dozen years in technotime?
>>
>>51496391
top fucking kek
this shit is probably bait but I'm replying anyways
OP needs ddr3 ram
>>
>>51496427
how do you know what type of ram he needs?
>>
>>51496474
http://ark.intel.com/products/53483/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G630-3M-Cache-2_70-GHz
>>
>>51495059
fuck off faggot
>>
File: vf9bGPZ.jpg (46KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
vf9bGPZ.jpg
46KB, 640x484px
>>51495059
If you arent using it for games, might i suggest diving into Ubuntu? At first it will be bloated like Windows, but as you get comfortable with *nix you can try installing Arch or Gentoo. The amount of control and flexibility simply isn't matched by a Windows system - they are resource hogs.

Ubuntu (Hell, Chromium etc) can dock Browser Apps, so if you need Word you can dock it; Evernote, dock it; other normie bullshit, dock it. Get familiar with a terminal emulator, that shit is powerful!

Source: Been using Ubuntu for two months now on my laptop, shit just feels better than Windows now.
>>
>>51495059
There should be absolutely no reason why that thing is unbearably slow apart from only 2 GB of RAM.

It's probably bloated to fuck with tens of useless programs running in the background.

Just back up things you absolutely need and re-install Windows senpai.
>>
>>51495059
Factory reset
If you must, buy an SSD
>>
>>51495715
>this is my fathers computer

There's your problem.

Trust me when I say anything, ANYTHING you do to that computer will be in vain.
>>
>>51495059
Install linux
>>
Just buy a fucking tablet or laptop ffs OP.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.