[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i dont get it. why is Windows Phone still a thing? I swear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (78KB, 960x550px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
78KB, 960x550px
so i dont get it. why is Windows Phone still a thing? I swear to god i cant understand. after 5 years, the peak of marketshare didnt even reach 4%. after 5 years, it still hasn't caught up to the competition when it comes to functionality. after all this time, microsoft has done nothing but sink more and more and more money into an OS that, very clearly will never take off. had Microsoft captured the momentum of the 520 and delivered a successor (630) that could have actually rivalled the moto g, windows Phone would maybe have a marketshare that wasnt so low that it's ridiculous. but they failed, nowadays the competition is fierce as all fuck, and there's pretty much absolutely no way that it will ever take off. so why does microsoft even give a shit as of now?
>>
Because a 4% of worldwide marketshare is better than 0% of worldwide marketshare.
>>
>>51492439
Well what the hell else would microsoft do?
>>
>>51492572

And the blow to their image would be gigantic
>>
As an actual OS, I enjoyed using Windows Phone, but desu I can't actually qualify why that is. The main letdown to me is the fact that nobody makes apps for it (seemingly for good reason, that 4% market share). There are alternatives but rarely cross compatible.

Might go back to Windows when their new flagships come out, but happy with Android right now.
>>
File: mfw.png (186KB, 412x426px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
186KB, 412x426px
>Windows Phone
>>
>>51492572
Even if they're losing money? (which they are)
>>
Google shills pls go
>>
Personally i love lumias. If there were app slike snapchat and shit it will have 30+ marketshare in one quarter. Why? Teens
>>
File: herald.jpg (343KB, 525x660px) Image search: [Google]
herald.jpg
343KB, 525x660px
>>51492439
Because Windows phone is better.

Once the apps are sorted out enough and windows 10 mobile is released the superiority has its chance at expending the market. At least it will for me and a good portion of /g/.
>>
>>51492674
Maybe they are loosing it on the hardware front but they might be gaining it in the cloud and office department since wp integrates with enterprise well.
>>
>>51492439
Frenchfag here, your 4% might only refer to the US market coz about half of my friends own a wp. Had the same feeling when traveling in UK, Norway and Netherlands, many people use windows phones in europe.
btw, most wp users I know don't buy a new phone every two year but keep it for 3-4 years wich is impossible with android or ios because of programmed/update-pushed obsolescence (not even trolling I use an iphone)
>>
>>51492674
Yes, because they have an asset that could be useful in the future.

- They're doing relatively well in India and Brazil for example, and as the western markets become smartphone-saturated having an emerging market with a growing middle class can give you a good stronghold in the future. They could have more if the retained the Nokia brand though.

- Having a mobile OS that has 4% of *world*wide market, with around 10% or more in some european countries, is no joke. Not everyone has this. The alternative, which is just let Apple and Google dominate what is increasingly the main personal computer for many people, is worse. If Windows Phone dies it should be because it reaches 0% marketshare like BlackBerry, or because MS has financial problems, not because they're losing a little money today.

- Also some people that buy Windows Phones will start using other MS services.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.