[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /g/ so long story short I bought an Asus r9 390 strix and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_1.png (22KB, 560x422px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
22KB, 560x422px
hey /g/ so long story short I bought an Asus r9 390 strix and am experiencing fps dives on a couple games like Gta 5 and Killing floor 2(maxed out 1080p) Gameplay is usually around 60-80fps and then their will be sudden dives into the 20's. I am not quite sure how to troubleshoot this but Games like Shadow of Morder and Devil may cry seem unaffected(most likely because they are AMD titles) but Even with gta 5 drivers there is no reason for this drop to 20fps
So either I troubleshoot this or I return it and get the Msi or sapphire versions pls help me /g/ you're my only hope.

Sidenote I have a h80i-gt watercooler and my cpu is always quite warm is this normal?
>>
Use Resource monitor in Windows and have it running while monitoring stuff like disk usage, cpu and ram. play the game and then when it drops minimize game and check the monitor to see at which point in time what devices got weird and what ones didn't.
>>
Seems like a bright idea also could it be that the stock overclock is to high?
>>
you fell for the amd meme, its normal
>>
File: speccy.png (87KB, 1039x704px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
87KB, 1039x704px
>>51486631

I doubt it, I have a similar build. Works perfectly although I don't game and when I do it was like Bioshock Infinite but I never notice any flaws. I have used the overclock utility by Asus every now and then but just use it normal stock clock now because it's fast enough normally.
>>
I think its just this Asus version
>>
>>51486649
How is your cpu so cool Im running an h80i gt watercooler Ive never seen my cpu go below 30
>>
>>51486666

Nice quads. I have a Hyper 212 and I'm sure you've heard of AMD sensor issue. Well, not sure but mine is on average that temperature but it reports wrong. WHen It gets stressed out it goes to about 46-49 and stays there. That's when I'm encoding like three movies at the same time and also browsing the web and playing another file and shit like that all at the same time. What does your temp max out at?
>>
ive never seen it higher than 59 but... but my corsair logo is red so Im assuming that just means its under load but sometimes Im just watching a youtube video and skyping and it will be red.
>>
>>51486696

Shouldn't be like that. Not sure how watercoolers work becuase I never used one. How many fans in your tower? and where they located?. At least one intake and one exhaust right? even with the watercooler?
>>
>>51486717
I have an Nzxt s340
I have an intake on the back where the watercooler is mounted, an intake in the front, and the exhaust fan is at the top of the case.
>>
>>51486717

No that I'm thinking about it possibly maybe if your CPU is getting to that temp the mobo might be disabling the overclock temporarily until it cools down? just wild guess though, seems possible.
>>
>>51486737
you mean disabling the OC on the Gpu? My cpu is at stock clockspeeds
>>
>>51486733

Strange fan setup but I guess because of the watercooler. Have you tried remounting the cooler but with less thermal paste? sometimes less is better.

>>51486744

Oh, I didn't know the OC was on the GPU. I would definitely try that and see if that helps first.
>>
File: DSC_0309-1024x862.jpg (123KB, 1024x862px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0309-1024x862.jpg
123KB, 1024x862px
>>51486764
it had a pre-applied thermal paste
looked almost exactly like this
>>
>>51486778

I see. I would consider re applying paste but with decent quality paste. I'm not sure if the standard paste is decent quality but might want to look up some reviews on others that have had success in raising temps by changing paste.
>>
>AMD
>
>>
>>51486597
>>51486620
I was experiencing a similar issue in BF4 with dips from over 100 FPS to single digits. Resource monitor showed nothing software related to explain the slowdown. Long story short, this went on for about 3 months, graduated to hard crashes during games and finally I was unable to POST. The mobo died and was probably in the process of failing for a long as I owned it. All other components work normally in my backup PC.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.