[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever since I downloaded the 1511 update last week, my wifi turns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Ever since I downloaded the 1511 update last week, my wifi turns off for 60 seconds, comes back on for 60 seconds, and repeats.

I rolled back to 8.1, and it worked fine. Updated to Windows 10 + 1511, and the problem started again.

Drivers are up to date, and no viruses detected.

Anyone else had this issue?
>>
Windows 10 is the virus.
>>
>>51483388
Yes. Had the issue also.
I formated my hard drive and installed linux and haven't looked back.
>>
install gnu+linux
>>
>>51483388
reinstall your wifi driver
>>
I actually just upgraded to 10 after I got the not genuine message on my 7 install.

After different images and four re-installs it kept happening. Right after I installed 10 the computer was barely usable. Disk usage was constantly at 100% but from what I could tell nothing was being written or read. Turned off all notifications and now everything works fine.

Anyone else have that problem?
>>
install PC-BSD
>>
>>51483388
You're infected with the virus known as Windows 10. Formatting is the only solution
>>
File: Animated Gif-78.gif (443KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
Animated Gif-78.gif
443KB, 500x322px
I got 10 on my gaming rig and have had zero problems, apart from minor nuisances involving the notification icon staying on "do not disturb mode" even though it doesn't affect whether or not I get notifications; I upgraded from 8.1. Is there a logical and rational reason for all the Windows 10 bashing going on? Or is that just the next cool thing to do here on /g/ or in general? Honestly curious as to the reasoning behind it, real facts would also be appreciated.
>>
It's almost like somebody said Win 10 was a buggy POS.
>>
>>51484142
Works on my machine :^)
>>
>>51484142
My experience has been far from buggy. Like I said, my only literal 'bug' is an icon not being the correct icon/pic. That's it, as far as functionality is involved, it functions and does what I need it to do. No crashes, no bricking, no incompatibility or anything of that nature. Not defending MS, just saying what my personal experience has been with upgrading/updating to W10 from W8.1.
>>
>>51484111
it's shit m8
>>
>>51484402
Ok... but why? Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
>>
>>51483388
In device manager, uninstall device (and driver), then reboot, connect through cat6 cable and let it install driver auto.
>>
>>51484456
>inconsistent as fuck
>botnet
>buggy
>dumbed down everything
>designed by Rajeesh Kumar in his basement for his indian friends
>>
>>51484111
shill detected
>>
>>51484870
Not at all. I'm not adverse to using other OS's at all. I got a laptop I use running Mint, and my other laptop is running OS X 10.11; the only thing running W10 is my tablet and my gaming rig. I just haven't encountered any problems thus far, I shit you not, and therefore have had no reason to dislike the operating system. I was just wondering why others hated it so much; god forbid having an opinion.
>>
>>51484495
none of what you said is true, w10 works great
>>
>>51485043
Are you from MS?
>>inconsistent as fuck
Some context menus are black, some are white, still others are gray. The taskbar and start menu are a dark theme while the rest of the system is light. No, it doesn't get in the way of functionality, but it does make the whole thing look shoddy.

>>botnet
A bunch of stuff phones home to MS servers. The search still phones home when used even if you turn off all privacy options. MS did not make any reference to tracking that can't be disabled until after a user discovered it with Wireshark and Fiddler.

>>buggy
I've seen quite a few issues crop up for people when they upgraded from 7 or it auto-installed the 1511 update. A friend's machine mysteriously started booting into a fresh account and saying there was a problem with their usual account. Only fix I could find was to move all their files into a new account. Then a couple weeks later when 1511 came down the pipe, their start menu wouldn't open anymore. That's when we reformatted and installed 7. No problems since.

I have also noticed on my own machine that when a modern app like Settings launches a win32 app, the window sometimes appears behind the modern app, which can lead to confusion if it's entirely obscured.

>>dumbed down everything
Screen resolution is an advanced option now. The new control panel is missing a lot of stuff 7 had. Most of it can be found through "more settings"/"advanced settings" links that drop you to the old control panel.

Preferred wifi network order and "connect to a more preferred network when possible" come to mind too. In 7, you access it through a GUI and it's as simple as moving the order around and checking a box in the properties of each one. On 10, it's entirely gone. Now you have to use a command prompt and netsh commands, or just accept that Windows knows better than you and that you really DO want it to drop the router next to you every few minutes to connect to one it can barely reach.
>>
>>51485347
Totally admit the privacy shit is freaking me out. Just spent the last two hours reading up and watching reviews on that shit, tweaked it now so that most of the shit doesn't phone home, but I personally enjoy Cortana (I know call me crazy mcfuckface) and don't want to turn her off. However the hard-drive shit scares me. I figure I'll detach my drives, encrypt them with Trucrypt and plug them back in. Otherwise, I'll have to dual-boot my system. Designate my w10 for steam games and misc. shit; and install another hd with some Linux distro. If i'm going to venture forth and become a Linux user, whats the best distro?
>>
>>51485347
There are icons in the OS from Windows 3.1 still buried in there somewhere. This "consistency" argument was bullshit.

No, scratch that, actually, it's 100% true, and it has been 100% true for pretty much every version of Windows for the past 25 years. If you want UI consistency, use OS X or something. It's never going to be a thing for Windows.
>>
Stop using Windows 10, you stupid fucking people.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
>>51485653
No
>>
>>51485465
Which hard drive shit?

If you have the drives mounted in Truecrypt/Veracrypt in Windows, whatever's running there can read them. If you have them unmounted, formatted to something like ext4 that Windows can't read, or hidden in GRUB, it can't.

What Linux is best depends on your personal preference.
Easiest to set up, noob friendly, mostly GUI based => Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mint
Intermediate, may require a little more tweaking to make it nice, but still nice and GUI for most things => Debian Sid (avoid stable, it's all old packages), Fedora, most of the rest
Harder to set up, more readily customizable, you'll use the terminal a lot and build things from source sometimes => Slackware, Gentoo
>>
>>51485561
Yeah the old icons are there for compatibility with ancient software, but you won't be seeing them unless you call them up.

Windows 7 is far more consistent visually. Except for some poorly made 3rd party programs, all windows will be the color you choose, as well as the taskbar and start menu. All context menus will be the same black on close-to-white. Yes the control panel is irritating to navigate without using its search function, but at least it's all in one control panel instead of split into two like 10 does, and to a lesser extent 8.
>>
>>51485675

>actually responds to the statement
>doesn't realize that by doing so is admitting that you are in deed and fact a stupid fucking person
>>
>>51485738
I'm drunk, tired and going to bed

I'm closing my browner, so go ahead and respond to me, knowing that I won't see it you trolling lonely fucking faggot :^)
>>
>>51483388
>using Wangblows 10 a.k.a. Fully Botnet Windows

found your problem. Stick with 8.1 or Install Gentoo™.
>>
>>51483388
anoyone with a half braincell would understand it's doing that in attempt to save power, literally 4 clicks in the power options and it's fixed
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.