[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vizio TVs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: highestratedtv_mseries_hero_3_4.jpg (109KB, 740x440px) Image search: [Google]
highestratedtv_mseries_hero_3_4.jpg
109KB, 740x440px
I'm looking into getting a 55" 4K Vizio, any input on the major differences between these?
http://www.vizio.com/tvs/d55ud1.html
http://www.vizio.com/tvs/m55c2.html

I'm going Vizio because there's a lot of good local deals on them right now.
>>
I want a 4k xiaomi, but can't find a distributer for shit.
>>
>>51478456
If you do get one don't give it a wan connection. Vizio harvests any data it can. Just lan for local steaming should be fine.
>>
if you are planning on using it as a monitor you will have to have a hdmi 2 capable video card if you wan 4k 60hz.
>>
Vizio is actually a pretty recommended brand even among videophiles
>>
>>51478456
Wait till black Friday and get the one Dell has on sale
>>
>>51478456
do 2015 vizios do 4:4:4 chroma at 60Hz?

don't get fucked like everyone who bought any 2014 UHD did.
>>
>>51480328
When did this change? Vizio has historically been shit
>>
is there even any good 4k content to view on it?
>>
Why not wait until 4K content is mainstream
outside of netflix what is there ?
the bluray spec for 4K has only recently been finalized

>and of course you will need a NEW bluray player that supports it

By the time its mainstream prices for tvs will come down and quality will be better.

unless your TV is broken right this moment, just wait it out until you can actaully get TV/movies in 4K
>>
>>51482466
This.
Not to mention at a reasonable viewing distance you wouldn't even notice the defense between 4k and 1080p.
Colors are honestly the most important thing right now unless you're 2 feet away
>>
>>51478456
OP get the fucking extended warranty I just recycled a 55 vizio, the display died one month after the manufacturer warranty expired.
THe tv was fine just get the fucking extended warranty please.
>>
also make sure you don't connect it to the internets
>>
>>51481984
Nope. 4:2:0 even at 180p

Biggest downside to a this screen. Makes it a she deal imo
>>
>>51483230
Buy it with a credit card and you'll get an extra year on the warranty
>>
>>51478456
I have one OP. It's a really fucking nice TV, with one exception:

there is a bug that vizio still has not fixed with the screen judder. When you start the tv up, every input is set to have judder reduction up around medium, giving everything you watch that weird soap opera effect. you should be able to shut it off completely by setting the reduction to 0, which works, until you switch input and come back. it just resets even if it is set to 0, and gets all soap opera-y again.

there are two ways around this:
the hard way, which is every time you turn your tv on or switch inputs, go into the settings, set the reduction to 1, and then back to 0.

the easy way, is just to set it to 1. there's pretty much no discernible difference between 0 and 1 as far as i can see. i just set all my inputs to 1 and it's been fine. i've been told they can push updates silently to your tv being connected via wifi, but it hasn't happened yet and the tv has been out for quite some time.

other than that, fantastic all around tv.
>>
>>51482208
My gfs 32" vizio smart tv isn't bad imo. And I have a 50" Samsung led smart tv with 3d. And I am very picky on how colors look for muh gaming. No Ghosting or motion blur or noise cancellation mpeg filtering or anything when gaming is on kinda thing and brightness low enough for good graphics but high enough for advantage in multi-player for shadow lurkers. And color correction and temps making things look real and not like cartoon trash. Took me hours to decide on all my settings for my tv. But the vizio smart tv she got is decent coming from someone picky like me. Plus it suites her needs for streaming since she has no game system. But it is rather slow in response time for apps. But connection is fast her Internet is slow though. Overall 8/10 performance to price brand of smart tv in my opinion.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.