[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaming Build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20151115_141624.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151115_141624.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /g/ I need your opinions. I'm looking to build a gaming PC and these are my parts
pcpartpicker.com/p/rLLXFT
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($76.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($42.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card ($319.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($47.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $804.60

Would this be able to run games like Fallout 4, GTA V, Black ops 3, at high or ultra settings and at 50 or 60fps? If you have any suggestions then I could push the budget to $950.

>pic unrelated
>>
muh gaming
>>
>>51475400
What do you think of this build? Will it run the games at the settings I mentioned?
>>
File: 1447600266290.jpg (16KB, 252x317px) Image search: [Google]
1447600266290.jpg
16KB, 252x317px
>>51475512
>>
I hate thse fucking threads. Can it run this, can it run that. Yes, it will fucking run everything
>>
get an r9 390 instead of the 970, double the vram and bandwidth and slightly better performance around the same price. it will me more than capable at running those games at 1080p 60fps
>>
>>51475651
Right? I built my last desktop in 2009, and no joke, it was running new releases absolutely fine up until 2013. It really started showing its age last year.

"Absolutely fine" may be subjective, though; I've never been obsessed with having flawless 60fps in supermegaultra HD. But the games were more than playable (30fps+).

Y'all entitled millennial fuckheads.
>>
>>51475750
My old DDR2 CORE2DUO HD 6870 build would run anything gaymen wise until fallout 4 came out.
As for CAD graphics programming etc its fine for all those purposes.

Next to the selfie stick, PC gaming is the biggest shekeljiggler in history
>>
>>51475661
Thanks man. I think I'll settle on getting that.
>>
>>51475661
3.5*2 = 6

It's more then double the VRAM
>>
>>51475926

>le 3.5 meme XD

I approve of this message
>>
>>51475396
>playing video games on a PC
>2015
Lmao, fucking faggot.
>>
>>51476097
I own a ps4 and ps3 but mainly of my real life friends have moved to PC and my current laptop is crap.
>>
Pretty good. The only thing you NEED to do is get a better power supply. It's enough wattage, but you should really get a perfect PSU for a build like that. For an easy reference, get any of the ones logicalincrements.com recommends on its PSU page.

I know, everyone who has one and everyone who likes NVIDIA screams about how everything happening with the 970 isn't really a problem, but having owned multiple 970s and basically every other popular card, you should get a 390 from MSI or Sapphire instead. You'll be happier with it, probably.

Good job not overspending on your case and cooling. Good choices.
>>
>>51475926
the 970 has 4gb of vram you fucking retard. only .5 of it is fucking slow and absolute shit, but it's still there. also, 3.5 x 2 = 7
>>
If you have the extra cash to spend, put in a solid state, and upgrade your processor to an i7. Put in the solid state first. Everything else is fantastic. You can get a 2TB HDD from Seagate for the same price, (might be a little more, but trust me, it's worth it. )so you should probably do that.
>>
>>51476306
I plan on upgrading to an ssd later on when I get more money. I would definately get an i7 if I already had a keyboard and monitor. I plan on spending about $140 for a BenQ monitor and a cheap keyboard.
>>
>>51476253
Thanks for the info. I think I will upgrade the PSU so I can upgrade later on in the future.
>>
Fuck I'm looking to invest in a gaming PC too but I have no clue what the fuck I'm doing. Do you guys buy parts separately and build it yourselves?

I'm looking to spend a maximum of around 1300$CAD. Is it worth buying a prebuilt model from digital storm or cyberpower?

Sorry if I come across as a fucking retard. I just know nothing about computer gaming other than the fact that I enjoy it and that my old laptop is complete shit.
>>
>>51479216
I was once in your place but I know a little bit more now. Yes you buy all the parts separately then build it yourself. If you can't do that then take it to a local electronics store like Fry's and they should be able to build it for you. There are a lot of videos online on how to build one. Also I highly suggest not buying a prebuilt from cyberpower. You can get way better PCs for the same price. Also their customer service is the worst. If anything is wrong with the PC they send you, you have to return it and it takes a month or more to get it back. Happened to my friend and when they sent it back when it was "fixed" it was still broken. I suggest buying parts then building it. I am a noon but when you get the parts watcha a bunch of tutorials on YouTube. That's what I'm going to do. Wish you the best of luck.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.