[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know Java, C/C++, JavaScript. What else should I pick up to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

I know Java, C/C++, JavaScript.

What else should I pick up to be more hireable? Frameworks? Python?
>>
Learn C.
>>
>>51466650
I did
>>
>>51466893
Unlearn Java.
>>
File: 1316900775259.jpg (186KB, 447x386px) Image search: [Google]
1316900775259.jpg
186KB, 447x386px
>>51466914
/thread

Welcome to /g/ OP all you need to do now is install Gentoo and you are good to go.
>>
fortran
http://www.nas.nasa.gov/publications/ams/2015/04-28-15.html
>>
>>51466627
turn your skin brown. maybe get yourself a wheelchair too.
>>
>>51466627
>I know ... C++
heh, really? ok. maybe define 'know' for us? been at it for at least a decade I assume yeah?
>>
>>51466914
>>51466925
There is nothing wrong with Java. it's everywhere.
>>
>OP knows ECMAScript
>Says is unemployed
Seems legit? I haven't seen a good JS dev without work.
Want to get less cancer? Learn C#. It's java retarded in another way.
>>
>Java
>JavaScript

Same thing
>>
>>51466627
Connections, work experience, a degree
>>
>>51466947
He really might be better off not "knowing" as the general c++ using populace "does". All that don't re-invent the wheel drivel is bullshit and just keeps the Indians creating layer after layer of obfuscation for feeding the CEOs and HR reps, as well as the generally pedantic work force for the field.

If he knows c++ and can do enough with it to manage an allocation of memory and then he's pretty much set to work at the junior level. Otherwise he's just bridalling himself to the shill as it gets stacked over time. To put it in other words, I'm pretty sure he gets up out of his chair once in a while if he's being pro-active about even considering frameworks before Python.

I could be wrong, though, wtf do I know.
>>
>>51466893
You don't know C if you only know "C/C++".
>>
>>51466965
It's Java as sang by Microsoft.

Could you re-phrase that JavaScript bit for me? I'm not wise on javascript and have kept from learning it for fear that I may find some prevalent scheme to the structure model. I hate catching on to those because am poor and don't need to have everyone trying to keep me down as I attempt to make my way up. If I can tune out through a solid understanding of my own, I think I could make it doing javascript while I continue to build on my foundation of non-scripted programming. Also, I have a son and don't want to entrench him in a world of pure idiosynchrasies.
>>
>>51467042
>if he's being pro-active about even considering frameworks before Python.
Fair point.

>"as the general c++ using populace "does""
-Anon
>"No one "knows" what the "average" C++ developer does."
-Bjarne Stroustrup
>>
>>51467080
>>51467076
>>51467042
Jesus Christ, neckbeards
>>
>>51466893
He's saying start your frameworks at C, silly.
>>
>>51466940
don't forget the vagina for futureproofing :^)
>>
>>51467089
Maybe I just don't know you well enough but it sounds like you're agreeing with me, or I you.
>>
>>51466947

I've yet to meet _three_ developers who knew enough C++ not to fall into common pitfalls, and I have 10+ years experience.

For my part I just stick to C to do your common system development, or go Python if it's just yet another short-lived script.
Never used Python for anything substantially big, though.

C++ for me combines the worst of all worlds, you have to micromanage memory allocation like you do in C but are asked to think object or design patterns like in Java. Java may have its flaws, at least it is not a Frankenstein monster like C++.

Learning Rust at the moment, and I appreciate the way it's designed.
>>
>>51467187
>Rust
why do fags always feel the need to learn niche languages that aren't widely used? Just become a fucking pro at C and C++ and you can work in literally any field.
>>
>>51467230
Syntax clues for keeping up with the Jones'. Even priests wear crosses for protection.
>>
>>51467230

I am already using C daily, thank you very much. I can consider myself a professional.
Remember when Python was a niche language ?

You don't know what language is going to stick in the following years, C is going to stay of course, but I don't want to stop learning.
>>
>>51466893

Learn it for real.
>>
>>51466627
You obviously don't know them well enough if you can't get hired
>>
>>51466986
Not even close.
>>
>>51467437
Trolled hard
>>
>>51467294
Don't listen to this guy. Just make sure you can finish what you need with it. He is just shilling military concept. Indians!
>>
>>51467187
>I've yet to meet _three_ developers who knew enough C++ not to fall into common pitfalls, and I have 10+ years experience.
Obviously the wrong 10+ years of 'experience'.

C++ has all the best parts of C w/o the worst parts, and has kept performance at the front of the pack during it's entire tenure.

If integrating w/ large, real world problems and solving them in a highly performant way isn't a priority or need then yea C++ probably isn't for you.

Now that you mention it, C++ isn't for you.
>>
>>51466925
>neo/g/ with cancer faces spouting /g/ memes
vomit
>>
File: mfwhen.jpg (12KB, 279x192px) Image search: [Google]
mfwhen.jpg
12KB, 279x192px
>>51466914
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.