[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /g/, does anybody have any experience with Ebay? I sold

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1447650615308.png (326KB, 3388x3638px) Image search: [Google]
1447650615308.png
326KB, 3388x3638px
Okay /g/, does anybody have any experience with Ebay? I sold an core i5 3470 on the first of November described exactly as socket 1155 and the returns policy as no returns accepted. The buyer has only just realized that his motherboard only accepts 1150 socket CPU's and now he wants a refund? Should I just do it? I don't want to risk the fact that this buyer may have damaged the CPU trying to fit it into the 1150 socket.
>>
I'm a seller on eBay (feedback 10k+)

The buyer should always get what they want, regardless of how much of an idiot they are, in eBay's view.

You basically have to accept the refund, let him send the item back to you and give the refund, otherwise he can claim its not as described or broken, without any proof, and you'll be out of pocket regardless.
>>
>>51465101
No, you don't do it.
>>
>>51465165
This is not at all true. If you clearly state your terms they don't get a blanket excuse. They messed up and OP can prove it.
>>
Tell the noob to send it back, and if its verified its not damaged, youll give a refund minus 150% de-da-dee fee.
>>
>>51465165
>>51465204
I figure I might as well, hopefully he hasn't messed it up somehow. If it does come back and it is not in working condition, then what? Will Ebay believe me?
>>
>>51465223
No.

Just don't accept it.
>>
>>51465223
Don't issue any refund until you get it back and test it. Make sure the buyer pays for postage also, and cancel the transaction to get your final value fees back.

Its a tough situation to be in, because if the buyer chooses to be dishonest you can lose either way.

If you accept the refund and it comes back broken, buyer claims it was like that when received = they'll get refund, you'll get a defect on account, you're got a broken i5.

Or don't offer return = buyer either puts in a claim that its not as described, or broken, etc. You then might have to pay postage for the return, end up with a broken part and probably negative feedback.
>>
>>51465223
Not that into ebay, so im not sure. Might check them, send a query. Ask them what they recommend if possible. But, if you have him send it back, he picks up return costs and request he sends it with a tracking number. If you have a way of testing it, then you will know. If no way of testing, at least u get a visual on it and see if physical damage or if pins have marka from install on them. If itll fit in the socket, but just not work, good chance its fried. But thats me, i dont trust anyone. Heck, i barely like anyone. Lol
>>
>>51465101
Did he send you a message through ebay saying it's the wrong socket? If he did and you said no returns he can't do anything, if he opens a dispute just send them a copy of the message. It's up to you.
>>
>>51465299
This.
>>
File: JUST AGAIN.jpg (202KB, 570x855px) Image search: [Google]
JUST AGAIN.jpg
202KB, 570x855px
>>51465101
>Put my 4gb EVGA gtx760 up a few weeks ago
>someone buys it but doesn't pay
>send him messages to no response
>open a case up and close it a few days later for a credit fee
>8 days fucking wasted

>fast forward to yesterday!
>same card sold
>buyer hasn't paid yet again
>buyer has 0 feedback and is some spic from Honduras

JUST

but seriously /g/, disregarding this seller hasn't paid I have a bad feeling about dealing with shitskins from south america as an Australian. Also why is it this graphics card I'm having trouble selling? are PC parts of ebay a problem or what?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.