[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy a new monochrome laserjet printer to replace my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: LJ5.jpg (15KB, 396x381px) Image search: [Google]
LJ5.jpg
15KB, 396x381px
Should I buy a new monochrome laserjet printer to replace my aging HP Laserjet 5? There's nothing wrong with it except it's huge, heavy, and kinda slow.
>>
keep the laserjet 5 on an rpi print server and stockpile toner. they NEVER die.
>>
If it's still working, then no. I saw an HP laserjet 5 die at a business but that was definitely abused as in probably 100 pages a day for 20 years.
>>
File: 1448029848597.jpg (8KB, 240x237px) Image search: [Google]
1448029848597.jpg
8KB, 240x237px
>throw out a prefectly working piece of hardware that proved itself reliable throughout almost 20 years of use
>replace it with new bullshit device with hardcoded planned obsolescence that will make it shit the day after the warranty ends

You're everything what's wrong with this world.

If you don't need features of a new device (which i assume you don't since you're asking for a new monochrome printer), then why the fuck would you ditch the one that works
>>
>>51454444
Actually you'd save money by buying a new printer every year than using an old piece of shit that consumes 50x the power of a modern printer. Unless you enjoy paying huge electricity bills, throw out that dinosaur right now.
>>
>>51454444
>>51454581
Anyway if you're going to throw it out, don't, and sell it, if there is toner in it a business that needs its load capabilities that had nothing else would pay at least 50 dollars
>>
>>51453341
>Replacing an older HP LaserJet

Surely you jest?

When the cockroaches inherit the earth, they'll print using HP LaserJets.
>>
File: I_CRAVE_BLOOD.jpg (25KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
I_CRAVE_BLOOD.jpg
25KB, 500x362px
>>51453464
>keep the laserjet 5 on an rpi print server and stockpile toner. they NEVER die.

This, we had this blood-craving model at an office, it was 15 years old and still working fine. It was also pretty damn fast too.

This was 6 years ago though. Newer printers might be faster and do better quality prints. But I don't think they are anywhere near as reliable as that one was.

For printing black & white documents, the old HP Laserjets are real work horses.
>>
File: nah-fam.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
nah-fam.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>51454383
>I saw an HP laserjet 5 die
>>
>>51453341
Is it taking up too much space? Do you pick it up a lot? Is your printing time sensitive? If the answer to those questions is no, then no.
>>
File: MAYONNAISE_LOW.jpg (53KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
MAYONNAISE_LOW.jpg
53KB, 525x700px
>>51453341
You probably need to re-fill it with mayonnaise.
>>
>>51453341
No, just service it regularly and keep using it.
>>
Just overclock it and it will be fine.
>>
>>51453341
At first blush I thought that was a Super Nintendo.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.