[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /g/ thinks of Barnacules' Windows 10 anti spy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 0.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
What does /g/ thinks of Barnacules' Windows 10 anti spying video?

I hear he was a pretty big Microsoft programmer for more than a decade so he should know what he's talking about, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw
>>
>>51451417
>I hear he was a pretty big Microsoft programmer for more than a decade so he should know what he's talking about, right?
Why exactly?
He was a codemonkey at memesoft before data collecting updates were developed.
>>
>>51451443
>He was a codemonkey

He was a lot more than that but even if he was only a codemonkey that still gives him more insight on Windows that a bunch of retarded debloat script kiddies on /g/
>>
>>51451417
>implying the NSA cares about your Chinese cartoon collection
You fucking retards, the agencies are after terrorist, not regular people like us. If you morons could stop whining for a moment you'd realize the Paris massacre could have been avoided if we let the NSA spy on them terrorist. But no, you retard were too busy defending your rights for your anime shit.
>>
>>51451475
>Spying in Windows helps authorities read unencrypted text messages
>>
>>51451475
>If you morons could stop whining for a moment you'd realize the Paris massacre could have been avoided if we let the NSA spy on them terrorist.
Nice
>>
Windows 10 does not spy on you. It simply collects data to provide feedback on crashes, drivers and diagnostics to developers so they can work on fixes and security updates.
>>
>>51451498

Fuck off Satya
>>
File: 100% shilling on 4chan.jpg (81KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
100% shilling on 4chan.jpg
81KB, 500x494px
>>51451498
Yeah, and guess what? Both three-letter agencies and ad agencies would love a database of "User # 1234 at IP 5.6.7.8 uses the computer at these times, it has this hardware, and he has such-and-such applications installed". The only way to make sure MS doesn't give that to all and sundry is to make sure that they don't have it in the first place.
>>
File: tf2_everyone_is_spy.jpg (1MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
tf2_everyone_is_spy.jpg
1MB, 4096x2304px
>>51451417
>trying to get rid of spies
>on Microsoft platform
When will people stop pissing in the wind?
>>
>>51451546
No company in the world collects more data on people than Facebook. Google, Apple and Microsoft are not even close to that. Facebook then converts the data into catalogs for advertisers and anyone willing to pay money.

The privacy policy and faq on telemetry explains exactly what is being collected and for what purposes.
>>
>>51451475
Wat.

The guy behind the attacks had an interview in an ISIS magazine talking about the attacks. If the NSA couldn't find the information from a magazine, I doubt they were going to find it spying on our machines.

I don't personally care either way, but to say it could have been prevented with enough spying is absurd. If proper birth control was used, we wouldn't have to deal with bumbling idiots like you --but we do, because freedom.
>>
>>51451417

>IT'S TIME FOR NERDGASM!

Right into the trash it goes!!!
>>
>>51451653
It's a Windows 10 thread. What Facebook does is irrelevant.

>The privacy policy and faq on telemetry explains exactly what is being collected and for what purposes.
Which is why every reasonable person should avoid that shit.
>>
>>51451730
>It's a Windows 10 thread. What Facebook does is irrelevant.
To help the mentally handicapped people in this thread understand through comparison
>>
>>51451653

Apple and Oranges. Facebook is not an Operating System that runs on your hardware that you are using on a daily base.
>>
The whole video is basically just him using https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
I expected him to use the group policy editor & other hands-on methods rather than just a tool made for normies
(the tool is pretty effective though)
>>
>>51451764
You should compare Windows 10 against Windows 7 and 8, GNU/Linux and OSX, not Facebook.
>>
File: Capture.png (361KB, 321x712px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
361KB, 321x712px
the fuck is this shit nigger
>>
It's a pretty good vid.
>>
>>51451475
Just because you're eager to give up your right to privacy doesn't mean everyone else is.

Plus they coordinated using plain SMS you fuckhead. The anti encryption media campaign (note: which is now no longer ongoing) was based on a lie. If you're too stupid to notice demonization then do us all a favor and go smoke some paint.
>>
Does he show nipples in it?
>>
>>51452579
no but he takes a poopnap
>>
>>51452739
>poopnap
is that anything like a peerest?
>>
>>51452755
Close enough
>>
>>51451800
The most funny part about it, is that he suggest using spybot and saying that other debloat/privacy tools will install adware and other nasty stuff, completely ignoring the fact, that spybot isn't open source, while many other - are.

So the question is - he was bad "code monkey", right?
>>
>>51452836
>he was bad "code monkey", right?

He was there 15 years & they gave him awards. Plus he created a lot of their tools
>>
God I hate this gross fat fuck
>>
>>51451417
>Barnacules
get out
>>
>>51451475
Its obvious fucking bait guys. The only people who believe this shit dont browse /g/
>>
>>51455109
what's wrong with Barnacules?
>>
File: 1420499357556.jpg (453KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1420499357556.jpg
453KB, 1000x1000px
>>51451417
>Barnucules
Fuck off
>>
>>51451799
Normies would disagree.
>>
>>51451821
Wow I'm not clicking the link for sure
>>
>>51455136
Nothing... if you're 12.
>>
>>51451417
>he believes he can disable the spying
>>
>>51451417
20:35 Bing didn't redirect to google because he forgot to flush DNS cache.

I thought this is a Microsoft programmer?
>>
File: windows-8-hosts-file.png (11KB, 416x299px) Image search: [Google]
windows-8-hosts-file.png
11KB, 416x299px
>>51451417

Proof in that video (at minute 20) that Windows 10 bypasses HOSTS file:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw&t=20m00s
>>
Will the LSTB version get the November update 1511 ?
>>
>>51451475
Hi NSA
>>
>>51451417
>obnoxious voice changers
>fast-paced flashy intro
>hurdurdur "nerdgasm" ha it's funny because it sounds like orgasm get it
>minecraft props
>unnecessary jumpcuts

Are you 10 years old?
>>
>>51451475
remember how da gubmint just sat on all the data they collected that couldve prevented 9/11 instead of using it?

NSA a shit
>>
>>51451475
>normal people
>us
Pick one faggot
>>
Microsoft literally said that there isn't a way to disable spying
>>
>>51458615
Of course they'd say that, what did you expect?
>>
I hate this fat fuck. Chooses a name he can't pronounce.
I feel like shaming for him, when he introduces as 'barnaclees'. According to his logic the legendary Greek would be 'herclees'. Fuck this idiot and his shitty videos.
>>
>>51451417
>>51457704
Say what you will about his voice changer crap, which is annoying, but the topic is valid.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.