[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that the people who actually use computers around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 13960193805_4c86d50799_o.jpg (2MB, 4928x3280px) Image search: [Google]
13960193805_4c86d50799_o.jpg
2MB, 4928x3280px
Daily reminder that the people who actually use computers around there don't bitch about "typist vs. gaymen" keyboards.

>mechanical switches confirmed for manchild gaymen cûcks.
Enjoy your overpriced communication interface.
>>
They use thinkpad too...
>>
>>51450465
Thinkpads X and T series. Dell Latitude E series. They have taste for their choice of technology.
If a mech board provided a real advantage on anything other than wasting your time and money on video games, we'd see more of these in real life environment / pictures.
>>
>>51450441
enjoy your inferior typing speed and accuracy, and sore fingers
>>
>>51450653
You've been meme, fãm. I surveyed other people's keyboards for a while now and noticed I mostly see mech on gaymens and hipster javascript brogrammers.

Of course, there are exceptions, but people admire / respect for their skills often dont give two shit about what they type on.

>if ever, the gain in speed from typing on a mech by not bottoming out vs. bottoming every keystroke on a rubberdome would be measured on milliseconds)
>>
Why the fuck do they cheap out on the cheapest things? Wew glad we saved 100 dollaridoes on that keyboard, and we got these monitors from a dump. We can put up with shitty typing experience and sore eyes and headaches from all these differently calibrated shitty monitors.
It's not like they'll go bankrupt by buying good keyboards and monitors.
>>
>>51450776
The problem is "what for?" if they feel those enough why should they bought something they didn't need? It just point of view I guess.
>>
>>51451082
Well, the keyboard isn't anything mayor (a natively programmable one could be very helpful though in such a place), but the monitors are really eye cancer from what the picture shows.
>>
>>51451427
Why? The monitor does the job?
The task only requires to display formated text, lines of codes and graphics. Maybe a video feed from time to time but nothing to justify a monitor designed to display movies / games.

Also, for browsing, programming... anything except watching chinese cartoon in full screen, it is not relevant to choose any format except 4:3 or the weird 1024x1280 that we find in every technical laboratory.
>>
>>51451476
Even while doing simple tasks, the color warmth difference, brightness difference and other differences will strain the eyes more than when you have displays that are very similar. And this shit looks very unprofessional.
>>
Well, I directly interact with my keyboard, mouse, and monitor the most out of anything in my station. So I kinda want it to be ideal. I prefer to make the connection from me to my machine the most comfortable possible. I also like a nice chair and ass pad.
>>
>>51451535
don't be such a neet. Why would anyone tune the color warmth, contrast and stuff if there is nothing but text and diagrams on the screen? It makes literally no difference. They focus on the task, not on if the white background looks a little bit blueish.

Also, who cares about looking unprofessional? they send goddamn cargoships to space and get them back. In the meanwhile, you would complain about meaningless details. If you didnt spend so much time tuning your color theme and adjusting the screen to fit the lights used in your office, maybe you would do other things than the html for the log-in page.
>>
>>51450441
hey what do i see there, OP
wait, is that a SPARE keyboard?
you know, in case the first one just decides to fuck up and keep that rubber dome pressedddddddddddddddddddd
>>
Every second we spend arguing on the internet about Intel vs AMD, or OS X vs Windows vs Linux, there are people who invest their time in learning physics, algebra, electrical engineering, computer science, and other stuff that actually matters. They are the ones flying to space one day, living a happy life with beautiful families.
>>
>>51451807
But I'd have a bleeding edge OS on my laptop.
>>
>>51451807
>wanting a family
>>
File: logitech-ultrax-media-keyboard.jpg (84KB, 689x291px) Image search: [Google]
logitech-ultrax-media-keyboard.jpg
84KB, 689x291px
>>51450441
Because THERE ARE good quality rubber dome keyboards, that are made of decent materials, with decent build quality and where the rubber dome pad is not made out of used average-chinese-man sized condoms.

People who work in such environments do not buy their own hardware, it's all provided by the company/organization that employs them so as long as it works and is not a non-standard layout they're most used to they couldn't care less.

Besides, can you imagine how annoying would it be to have a full room of loud mechanical keyboards in 2015?
It's like we're back in the 80s again

Pic related, my trusty logitech ultrax media keyboard. Solid as fuck, had it for 8 years, the rubber domes are still stiffer than any other rubber dome i've ever used.
>>
>>51452070
>I dont like logitech products. However, the default bulky Dell rubberdome is pretty dope.
I have a more recent, quiet keys or something, still okay. I heard that now they ship chicklets with the defaults Optiplex desktops
>>
>>51450441
>being autistic to the point where you have to make a meta thread about keyboard usage to point out that only your preference is valid in this world
>>
>>51450441
He's using windows
>>
>>51450441
Daily reminder that the people who actually use computers around there don't actually have a choice on what to use, and are handed the cheapest possible equipment to do the job, as dictated by the cost efficiency mechanism.
>>
>>51454833

what is BYOK
>>
Damn that battlestation looks comfy as hell.
>>
Jokes on you anon I have two keyboards in one, where qwerty - uiop[] are both full keyboards when used with modifiers such as the shift, and I can not use a non mechanical keyboard without the thing shitting itself when I press more than 5 buttons at one time.
>>
>>51450441
A mechanical keyboard is a lifetime investment sempai. Besides a flight controller doesn't spend that much typing anyway. Notice the position of the keyboard.
>captcha: furface memonger
>>
>>51452070
This guy knows what's up. It's all a mass order based on some specification in which the keyboard is described as 'a standard layout keyboard'. Guys who work on those have zero control over which keyboard they get and most likely they don't give a fuck. Also they don't write shit on these, working in such environment means pressing a button from time to time, maybe enter a number or a short word (source: i work on an atc tower). Plus these standard dell keyboards and mouses are pretty sturdy, you wouldn't imagine the abuse they survive.
>>
>>51450441
>people who actually use computer
i actually use a computer

i think a lot of people do, actually
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.