[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://arstechnica.com/cars/2015/11 /tesla-proactively-recal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: tesla0016-640x426.jpg (104KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
tesla0016-640x426.jpg
104KB, 640x426px
http://arstechnica.com/cars/2015/11/tesla-proactively-recalling-90000-model-s-cars-because-of-a-single-fault/

THANK YOU BASED ELON
>>
>>51444565
>ars technica shills and masturbates about electric cars
this is not news, they do this all the time
>>
>>51444565
A LITERAL GOD
>>
>>51444565
>THANK YOU BASED ELON
for following the law and recalling?
>>
>>51445208
Companies usually don't recall cars until they lose every possible lawsuit and appeal.

>>51444620
Why are you so angry?
>>
that's understandable, because it's a safety flaw and not an issue of badly mounted cup holder.

Their PR would dissappear if someone discovered it in the "bad way"
>>
So will I finally be able to buy some cheap Tesla stock?
>>
>>51445208
>implying following the law isn't a rarity for car companies
most car companies would have waited till the lawsuits started stacking up to "verify" that there's actually an issue. hell look what vw did with the emissions fudging
>>
considering that there are only like 100,000 model s's on the road, this seems reasonable

i'm not all that surprised. They have to keep that cars safety record immaculate because it is now the first commercially available car with autopilot.
>>
>>51444565
>quality control
>>
>>51445328
>Their PR would dissappear if someone discovered it in the "bad way"
You'd think this would be obvious to companies, but it isn't. You'd think something a bit more serious like faulty ignition switches or breaks would get this sort of treatment.
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 1368x912px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 1368x912px
>>51444565
>Scam company with no profit until 2050.
>Billions on goverment subsidy.
>Recall courtesy on taxpayers backs.

Muh hero Elon! Lemme suck his dick!
>>
>>51448219
>Apple makes their own cash.
>Billions in reserve.
>Does not take governement handouts like Tesla.

Fuck Apple amirite guise??
>>
>>51445361
This. Buy in now, wait 15-20 years until the auto market has completely transformed and cash out. God I can just taste it.
>>
>>51448219
Actually not really that bad at all.

Other companies got billions in subsidies, including ones that folded within a few years and they're actually proactive about their product and customer satisfaction.

I work for a rental car company and we had some Ford Focuses that had to have a recall replacement for like a front axle that could sheer off while driving, and we had to wait months for one of them to be done because we had to wait on the part.
>>
>>51445434

The most likely case is actually that no one in VW outside R&D team even knew about it since they just made impossible demands to their R&D team which could not be met and which then did all the emission fuckery. VW's and its leaderships actions seem to indicate such a thing at least. They can't even pinpoint which models have the cheating program themselves. Withholding that information would cost billions more than just revealing it at this point.
>>
That's nothing compared to Chevrolet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_ignition_switch_scandal

This actually killed people, and they knew about it before they started selling them. Teslas is a simple seat belt problem.
>>
>>51444565
>that feel when you will never have a big house, a big lawn, a new car, a family and a white picket fence

feels bad man
>>
Mercedes is coming out with fully electric cars in multiple segments in 2016. Porsche as well with the mission e limousine. R.I.P Tesla investors.
>>
>>51448472
>>51445361
tesla is shit boys. the other car companies are working on this stuff and will do it better. you just haven't seen anything because they haven't prematurely blown their wad yet. musk is excellent at managing perceptions but shit at actual work. if you want f r e e money from the upcoming automotive revolution, just buy the S&P 500.

screencap this post and check the prices of the S&P 500 and Telsa in 15 years.
>>
>>51451461
it has already been proven that the top management all knew about it.
VW even made a special stash of a few hundred millions if this came to light.
>>
>>51453279
but tesla recalled them before shit went wrong, GM just ignored it
>>
>>51453279
If you think that's something, look up the Ford Pinto.
>>
>>51453279
Serves them right for buying an American car.
Americans can't into engineering.
>>
>>51453322

Source? This is completely opposite from what I've read.
>>
>>51453455
google it

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/business/international/volkswagen-diesel-emissions-fix.html?_r=0

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/14/30-vw-managers-knew-emissions-cheat/

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/14/30-vw-managers-knew-emissions-cheat/
>>
>>51453468

Did you read your sources yourself? We're talking about 2 different things here.
>>
>>51448236
Apple avoids so many taxes
>>
>>51453497
Can you read?
>>
>>51453497
Did you read his sources? Because it's exactly what you two were talking about.
>>
File: 1445789674825.jpg (38KB, 415x311px) Image search: [Google]
1445789674825.jpg
38KB, 415x311px
>There's an issue with a single car
>Tesla recalls all vehicles just in case

>GM knew about faulty ignition switch in their cars
>recalled vehicles after 124 people had been killed because of it

Tesla is the basiest.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>51453589
>cena
>>>/trash/
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.