[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one, /g/? >Slide down as if using the scrollbar >Slide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

Which one, /g/?

>Slide down as if using the scrollbar
>Slide up as if touching the screen
>>
Down as a scrollbar.
Seeing you aren't interacting with the screen directly sliding upwards feels completely wrong.
>>
>>51441833
the only thing I have ever really noticed that I don't like about Macs is the slide up to go down
>>
>>51441833
2nd one
The only redeeming feature of a macbook is the god tier touchpad. Why can't laptop oems make a fucking not shit touchpad?
>>
>>51441877
This. F'n ridiculous that the default is the other way around. I naturally go the scrollbar way, and so does everyone else who has one.
>>
>>51441883
Congrat, you now 100% like Macs
>>
Second for me, like you are dragging the page. I love do do this on the effortless Trackpad on my 2013 Apple™ Macbook™ Air™ ©
>>
>>51441833
Slide down as if using the scrollbar.

>>51441883
This is the first thing I change.

>>51441877
Even on a touchscreen, I prefer 2 finger scrolling down to go down. 1 finger keeps a focal point on where you touch though, that's pretty much standard.
>>
Slide up to go down. I never thought about it
>>
>>51442064
>not hitting space before taking the screenshot
>not even trying to crop it reasonably
>>
>>51441833
Natural. You've already been doing this shit on your phone for 5 years already. Get with the fucking times.
>>
I don't care. Either way works. I adapt in about 1 second.
>>
>>51442251
Ok John Oliver.
>>
>>51441833
>Slide up as if touching the screen
If I'm using multitouch.
>Slide down as if using the scrollbar
If I'm using edgescrolling.
>>
>>51441877
>>51442037
You feel that way primarily because "that's the way we've always done it." But why shouldn't it be the other way?

When you move the mouse pointer, you're directly manipulating the object
When you're playing a game, you're directly manipulating the object.
But when you scroll the document the conventional way, you're actually manipulating the view port instead of the object. Why shouldn't it push the document around like when you use the hand tool?

Don't get me wrong, It comes off as weird to me too. I still use Snow Leopard at home, so when I use a Mac that's not mine, running a newer version of OSX, the scrolling catches me off guard.
>>
>>51442064
Thanks for the tip. I never new
>>
>>51442333
>>51442191
Meant for (you)
>>
>>51442301
mah nigga
>>
>>51442308
When I play an FPS game I invert the mouse because I played X-Wing (which, honestly, is basically an FPS game) so for a first person viewpoint pulling back to look up just feels natural to me now.
And then in third person I don't use invert.

I guess the better comparison would be the hand tool many image editors have, that seems to be more like what we are thinking here.
It's like the difference between using a hand tool and grabbing a scroll bar.
>>
>>51442308
Because when I read a book, I move my eyes up and down instead of moving the book up and down like a retard.
>>
>>51442251
no, I swipe down on the phone touchpad to scroll down
>>
>>51441833
Fingers go up, page scrolls down. Like on a touchscreen.
>>
>>51442251
I've been doing it for nearly 20 years on mice already and I'm not about to change it just because Apple are being idiots.
>>
>>51442251
ITS 2015 PEOPLE
>>
Issue a downwards command to move the page downwards.
>>
>>51442251
I'd rather reverse the behavior on my phone
>>
>>51441833
use a fucking mouse
>>
File: microsoft-trackball-explorer.jpg (16KB, 300x326px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-trackball-explorer.jpg
16KB, 300x326px
>>51444556
>mouse
pleb
>>
I use a fucking mouse because touchpads suck dick.
>>
>>51444556
I use natural scrolling on my mouse
>>
>>51442070
If you're trying to troll you went too far, and if you're trying to be funny you failed.
>>
I just leave it as the default, second option. It's no adjustment at all from my phone or tablet. When I use a scroll wheel I scroll as normal.
>>
>>51441833
Oh hey my new Dell Inspiring has that too, very convenient
I prefer the first one
>>
>>51441833
Middle button.
Push trackpoint as if using the scrollbar.
>>
>>51441833
I just use the default on whatever DE I am using. Both are fine to me.
>>
>>51441877
Correct Opinion
>>
>>51441833
It doesn't matter, you can get used to both in no time. Whoever actually tries to argue that one is better than the other is an idiot.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.