[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What tech companies must definitely get their shit together?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: FBZYrDA.jpg (57KB, 714x960px) Image search: [Google]
FBZYrDA.jpg
57KB, 714x960px
What tech companies and groups are going downhill, in your opinion?
>>
ARM with these big stupid cores
MIPS because of ARM winning all the designs
>>
>>51441714

all of them, no exception

technology in general is doing well though
>>
>>51441714
HTC definitely
>>
>>51441862
I heard HTC will split its smartphone division from the rest of the company. Not sure if they sell it or what.

Rumours have it they're gonna launch one final model the One X9 and pull the curtains.
>>
>>51442084
not even sure what else HTC makes without phones, well the Vive too, but that's as far as my knowledge goes
>>
AMD, If Zen fails.
>>
>>51441714
IBM

they literally have like 100,000 curry employees
>>
Qualcomm
>>
AMD, I like them though, and wish them well.

Hope the server biz works out for them
>>
>>51442607
ibm also has the strange habit of firing people every 10 years and then hiring a lot and repeating
>>
I wish i could say microsoft
>>
All of them.
>>
>>51442813

but do they do that to normal workers or just to the indians?
>>
>>51442829
almost exclusively to the 'normal workers'
>>
>>51442852

kinda rude, but, what do you expect from outsourcing assholes? i hope the indians shit all over their watson thing
>>
>>51441714
Blackberry.
>>
>>51442319
Literally smartphones, tablets, cameras and vive. Nothing else.
>>
>>51442813
They do it to almost all groups of employees. Helps keep down salary, pension and healthcare costs.
>>
>>51443057
>>51442319
How did HTC fall so hard with so much potential?
>>
LainOS
>>
>>51444050
Well they tried to compete with much bigger and richer companies like Apple and Samsung. But they don't have the money, marketing or media influence that both of these have.

The fact that they made mistakes after mistakes in how they managed their products didn't help either. Every phone they launched was supposed to be a do or die thing, but none of them became major market hits.

Also they screwed up with their flagships cameras, just overall very weird decisions, when they could have simply just used the same shit that works in other phones.
>>
>>51441714
who are these semen demons?
>>
>>51441714
AMD
>>
>>51444539
>no drivers
>>
>>51441714
Nvidia
Their drivers are shit and always have been (and the latest one completely C4ed my system, as other people have been complaining about), the product line is overhyped, confusingly structured/named, full of buzzwords but no actual content, bullshit software and restrictions, etc etc. They're the ultimate example of a company extorting the users and generally not giving a flying fuck about just making good products.

Microsoft, with windows 10 being my proof. Shit that was good in all the previous windowses is broken (the UI is fugly and more inconsistent than ever, that dual settings panel bullshit, title bar coloring, etc), doesn't have any improvemts over 8.1 and still doesn't deliver ANY of the shit people have been wanting like motherfucking tabs in motherfucking explorer, or more filesystem drivers.
>>
>>51444698
Word.
>>
AMD is worth a quarter of what it bought ATI for.
>>
>>51441714
Smartphones

We'd rather have a stable and secure Android OS than a next-gen smartphone.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.