[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I dont plan on overclocking anytime soon, do I have to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 41QkRglZntL._SX425_.jpg (22KB, 425x319px) Image search: [Google]
41QkRglZntL._SX425_.jpg
22KB, 425x319px
If I dont plan on overclocking anytime soon, do I have to buy a CPU Fan? Can I just use the Stock HSF in the meantime?
>>
If you like the temperatures your cpu gets and you don`t mind extra noise (cuz it`s noisy) then no
>>
>>51437588
no.
be a good goy and go buy a corsair h110.
>>
>>51437588
You can honestly get away with it if you do not push the voltage past the already preset stock. This is assuming you don't mind the loud whining of a stock fan. Get at least a 12 in the future or something, though.
>>
>>51437725
212, sorry.
>>
>>51437588

throwing a Noctua on it makes it more stable

when i had the stock fan on my i3-4170 which uses almost 40 less watts than the i5, any time under load it would spike up to the 60s

now its basically as cool as my SSD and under load it only goes up about 10C to 50C total

i have zero fans in my 200r and fully filtered
>>
>>51437588
If it's quiet enough for you, then yes, of course you can use it. You don't think they actually sell CPUs with coolers that don't work well enough, right?
>>
>>51437781
The i5 4570s in my server barely hits 60C in 100% load (video transcoding). You know these are 100C rated CPUs right?
>>
>>51437631
This.
>>
>>51437813

>3200 MHz
>3700 MHz

>no hyperthreading either

congrats, your CPU runs hotter and half a gigahertz slower
>>
>>51437854

also just posting your CPU heat means nothing when you dont then post how fucking fast the Intel fan has to continously spin just to keep those temps

the Intel fan was like damn near max

my Noctua U9S with the low power adapter installed idles at under 1000rpm 24/7
>>
I've got a 212 in my system and a friend with a similar build has stock. His only reason for wanting to upgrade is noise so if it doesn't bother you it's not really worth it.
And if your cpu gets lava temps it's probably a good idea to upgrade
>>
>>51437854
>i5
>hyperthreading
>>
>>51437854

the 4170 does have hyperhtreading
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.