[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of buying a Xiaomi Pistons 3.0. Is it worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: piston 3.0-700x700.jpg (30KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
piston 3.0-700x700.jpg
30KB, 700x700px
I'm thinking of buying a Xiaomi Pistons 3.0.
Is it worth it? Any alternative for the same price?
>>
>>51433749
there pretty much isn't an alternative for the price/quality. Get them, i have a pair and they are amazing
>>
don't like that button placement.

using v2.1 myself and don't want to "upgrade"
>>
I know they seem Hella cheap and don't got a mic but the Panasonic RPHJE120K earphones are better than my $400 in-ear monsters
>>
>>51433749
please move these questions to /hpg/
>>
>>51433749
I have a TDK TH-EC200 and I love it. Bass is pretty weak but you can fix that with an equalizer.
>>
File: 2000554994.jpg (41KB, 456x512px) Image search: [Google]
2000554994.jpg
41KB, 456x512px
The Sennheiser CX 3.00 seems nice and is around the same price. I'm considering getting it personally.
>>
They are really, really damn good. Great sound, if you use foam tips they have good isolation and they come with a mic.

Only thing I don't like about them, as some other anon said, the buttons on the remote are too small and you will often push a button you didn't mean to push. With that said, just get them. Can't get anything better for that price.
>>
>>51433797
Me too, i prefer 2.1.
>>
apple earpods
>>
>>51433797
but 2.1 are ugly as sin

i am always reluctant to bring them out in public because of the gold color
>>
>>51433749
How are they compared to the vmodas?
My ones are tearing up and even if I patch it I have no idea how long they'll last.

It's served me well for 3.5 years.
>>
>>51433788
>>51433749
kz ed9
>>
They are very good. Only remark is that the paint on the aluminium part of the earbuds gets damaged really easy.
>>
I'm thinking to pick them up too, are these legit ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Xiaomi-Stereo-Piston-3-III-In-ear-Earphone-Headphone-Headset-w-Mic-LT/181908106148?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D777000%26algo%3DABA.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D34314%26meid%3D4d1dca758ffc461ea00a257414ee6edc%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D371375797628
>>
>>51434810
Seconding this guy. I like mine more than my pistons.
>>
>>51433749
I bought those in China directly from Xiaomi. Not a good purchase if you want to hear the lower range.

For example, you cannot hear half of this. The E/A strings on the guitar are barely present, and the percussion sounds weak, dry and flat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-b76yiqO1E

I imagine that they're good if you listen to what is being pumped out nowadays; however, if you tend to liten to actual music with a dynamic range, you should invest in something else.
These are mine:
https://www.koss.com/headphones/ear-clip/ksc75

You clip them on your ear. The warmth of the sound is great, and you can immerse in the lower parts as well - without being overexposed to them, like it happens with, say, Beats. The story goes, I had those but wanted to try out something else, bought the Pistons and shortly after gave the Pistons away to my brother.

The bands and artists I tend to listen to might give you information:

- Neil Young
- Electric Light Orchestra
- Alan Parsons Project
- Emerson, Lake & Palmer
- David Bowie
- Pink Floyd
- Prince, and more.

Really, a great sound regardless of the genre.
>>
>>51435279
>actual music
>those earclips

go away grandpa
>>
>>51435341
So you choose your earphones to match the color of your buttplug and not the music?
>>
Xiaomi Pistons 2 or 3 are brilliant
>>
Shilling: the thread.

MODS
>>
If they are as good as my Pistons 2 then it's very hard to find a decent alternative.

I've had mine for a year, and they survived a trip through a washing machine quite well.
>>
>>51433749
They are sooo fucking great. Buy them
>>
>>51433749
Sound quality is really good for the price.
Mic and controls are amazing if you use them with android smartphone. Not sure if it works with OSX and WP.
Isolation is decent but not really all that good. That's pretty much it, all in all really good iems.
>>
>>51434810

these are good, but I always recommend the zero audio tenore in the ~$30 price bracket.
>>
>tfw waiting for mine to arrive

;_;
>>
Just go look at evert youtube review for confirmation. They are brilliant.
>>
Apparently they aren't much different from the 2.0s so as an ex 2.0 user, get them.
My pair broke and decided to go for 40yuro sennheisers and they pale in comparison in every single way.
I regretted not getting pistons almost instantaneously.
>>
I love mine, I just don't like button placement or the sound the braided cord makes when it slide along the edge of a table. But good sound, great sound isolation, solid build, and under 20 bucks not bad.
>>
Have the 3s, preferred the piston 2 model.
Have ordered the xiaomi hybrid ones, looking forward to trying them once they arrive. From the reviews they seem to be happy medium sound wise between the piston 2 and 3.
>>
Where can you get genuine ones? It seems like everyone is selling fakes.
>>
>>51437325
http://www.amazon.ca/Xiaomi-Piston-Headphone-Earbuds-Remote/dp/B00XENU9F6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448034129&sr=8-1&keywords=xiaomi+piston
>>
>>51433749
Wait for these: https://oneplus.net/icons
>>
>>51435965
$10-15 dollar earphones are expensive for you?

>>51433749
OP don't forget to look at amazon. They have pics of the genuine and fakes http://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Piston-III-Headset-Earphones/dp/B00V9RKSAA/
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.