[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its win10 worth it yet? I just sort of have it staring at me.....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: as;gfjd.png (12KB, 241x117px) Image search: [Google]
as;gfjd.png
12KB, 241x117px
Its win10 worth it yet? I just sort of have it staring at me.....

Currently on 8.1 Pro.
>>
If you like windows, yes.
If you don't like windows, no.
If you don't like windows 10, but like other windows versions, no.
>>
>>51432439
>not installing gentoo
>>
>>51432439

>keeping that icon

enjoy your 6GB of wasted space
Uninstall that shit faggot.
>>
>>51432439
>not using chrome os
why live
>>
>>51432439
It will never be worth it.
>>
Only if you're having issues with 8.1 or want built in screen recording. My 8.1 was pretty fucking broken so I upgraded and I find it a lot better.
>>
>>51432439

Oh yes, anon. Windows 10 has changed the way I work, the way I play, the way I yahoo...you'll love it! It has allowed Microsoft technology to become the cornerstone of my digital life. Install it today!!1!
>>
My fucking laptop is still not fucking working with Win10 and it's not some old shit. Every time I restart or shut down it just hangs. Thanks for listening.
>>
>>51432439
Sorry pajeet, rajesh made this thread yesterday. No money was rewarded to your bing account. This event is recorded in our database and we will reconsider our offer given to you.
>>
File: 1427020749624-0.png (189KB, 619x933px) Image search: [Google]
1427020749624-0.png
189KB, 619x933px
If you're already on 8.1 just go to 10.

You need to disable onedrive and uninstall some programs through ccleaner and use a custom install with no "wifi sense" and turn off targeted ads and uninstall "get office" and "get skype" and all kinds of other nonsense but that's how windows works.
>>
>>51432950
>uninstall omedrive

But Onedrive is literally the only cloud services that actually works. Fuck that, it's staying
>>
>>51432843
Graphic driver issue most probably. Install older drivers. I bet it's a dell, issues like that are common in dell laptops
>>
File: Untitled.png (738KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
738KB, 1366x768px
Build 1511 is like going from 8 to 8.1.

There are improvements and it will only get better with time. This is a pattern with all Windows versions as even 8.1 eventually became my go-to OS and worked perfectly.
>>
>>51432439
YES DO IT, seriously it's so much better than any other OS. I don't know how freetards can use the turd called ganoo+loonix
>>
>>51433242
>avast
>>
>>51432843
Did you do a clean install after upgrade? The Reset PC option?

I am managing several computers of friends and family with varying brands and age of hardware. Not a single one has crashed or given the "something happened" meme under my watch.

I just follow a standard procedure for upgrading all systems and then some basic tweaking.
>>
>>51432950

>You need to disable onedrive

hell no
>>
>>51433266
He's a win 10 user. What do you expect?
>>
>>51433266
Its free and most proactive when compared as it has an active shield.
>>
>>51433277
What is that supposed to mean? If I was going for paid AV I will opt for Kaspersky or Malwarebytes.

I have opt out of data collection and participation in community survey. What is the issue here?
>>
>>51433290
Why are you using a Anti-Virus in the first place?

>opt out of data collection
Just like you did on Win 10 amiright?
>>
>>51433290
>I have opt out of data collection
>avast
>virus and telemetry: the antivirus
>>
>>51433306
Because in the university people hand you their infected thumb drives and send you files via network and I need to protect my system.

Windows defender has its limits, you need a secondary safety net when dealing with idiots who don't maintain their computers properly.
>>
>>51433324
Fair enough.
>>
File: avast.png (31KB, 809x563px) Image search: [Google]
avast.png
31KB, 809x563px
>>51433318
>>
I would like to dual-boot win10 with Mint, but I keep hearing how windows installs its own drivers, overwriting your ones.
>>
File: 1429177114622.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1429177114622.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>51433318
>I have opt out of data collection
>opt out
>>
>>51433336
Avast-icon.png Avast! Antivirus
Not recommended. Avast! is a proprietary antivirus program which has both a free and paid version. It is adware that makes money by installing a continuous stream of unwanted software on users' computers, including programs such as SafePrice that spy on your web browsing and inject advertisements. Installing for security is counterproductive, to say the least. It is notorious for its absurdly high false positive rate, and it frequently breaks posting to and browsing 4chan. Frequent BSODs have been reported by some users
>>
>>51432480
This is the best advice I've ever cinema on g.
>>
>>51433382
Install windows 10.
Install mint afterwards.

Done.
>>
>>51433418
Yes, that's what I'm been thinking, but I'm asking if botnet10 really overwrites your drivers, which could be a huge impact if I'll use it only for gayming.
>>
>>51433455
It does if you upgrade from 7/8 for stability reason. You can then reinstall necessary drivers
>>
>>51433455
windows 10 has marvelous drivers, I always had weird usb issues with 8.1 (mostly my ps3 pad kept disconnecting). A clean windows 10 install fixed the problem and the only driver I had to install is the amd catalyst everything else works perfectly out of the box.
>>
>>51433279
>not getting mbam when it was free
>>
>>51432439
You're already on the botnet, so there's no reason not to.

Follow this guide though:
http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=wDmBg578
>>
if you have 7, keep it.

there's no reason to not upgrade from 8 or 8.1
>>
>>51432950
>If you're already on 8.1 just go to 10.

but why? forgetting the start menu for a sec (which can easily be restored with startisback et al., and is not too good in 10 anyway), 8/8.1 has many improvements over 7, but without the privacy implications + loss of control of 10
>>
>>51433920
>http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=wDmBg578
What would be the benefits of changing from Win10botnet to say Arch? Obviously other than botnet.
>>
>>51434063
That you learn how to use Linux.
The only real difference between Linux and Windows is where you preferences lie and what you work with.
>>
>>51433565
Malwarebytes does not have live protection in free version. Meaning you have to manually scan based on intuition of when you might get fucked. That is completely useless as you need to prevent infections before they enter your system.

There is no other free AV that offers live protection for a lifetime, even if Avast is collecting some info in the background for advertising, its a fair trade off as my system is secure. I simply put on silent/gaming mode and have never seen any ads.
>>
>>51434245
there was a key out there for mbam that gave you a lifetime subscription to mbam
>>
i had some funny issues with 8.1 like dropdowns and stuff not working, when i moved to 10, everything works....
>>
>>51433991
Except if you've updated windows 8 or 7 they have all the privacy raping shit that 10 has now, because microshit's dick is cumming in all your asses. GNU or bust.
>>
>>51432439
If you don't mind 8.1, then just go to 10.

Your choices are 7 or 10. 8/8.1 are literally irrelevant.
>>
i upgraded from 7 last weekend, it feels the same
>>
File: 0a3.jpg (39KB, 680x544px) Image search: [Google]
0a3.jpg
39KB, 680x544px
>>51432548
>complains about Microfuck botnet os
>uses le goog botnet os
>>
>>51432439
If you like updates not working because you have an sd card inserted, or if you like your programs being uninstalled under pretext they're "incompatible with this version of windows" even though they aren't after an update, or if you like being spied on in any way possible, or if you enjoy reduced performance, or if you enjoy slow, buggy, incomplete default programs, or if you enjoy losing your work because it's time for a forced update, or if you enjoy SOMETHING HAPPENED something happened, then sure.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.