[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm bad with video ports and the such, so this might be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: adapter fucking cunt.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
adapter fucking cunt.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
I'm bad with video ports and the such, so this might be a stupid question, but I can't find a solution on google. I've installed a gtx 750 ti and the monitor I have is VGA, and the card DVI, it comes with a DVI to VGA adapter, and the DVI parts go together fine, but the VGA parts will not connect because the parts have bolts out the front that prevent them from connecting. Is there a certain adapter I need or do I need a new monitor or some shit?
>>
>>51431690
Wait... what?
So the adapter (pictured) doesn't fit on the port on the back of the graphics card?

You have:
A NEW GTX 750
An OLD ASS MONITOR with only VGA
And the adapter, pictured, right?
>>
File: original[1].gif (15KB, 440x261px) Image search: [Google]
original[1].gif
15KB, 440x261px
Which port does your graphics card have?
>>
File: VGA%20plug[1].jpg (14KB, 305x241px) Image search: [Google]
VGA%20plug[1].jpg
14KB, 305x241px
>>51431690
Are you saying that the plug on the cable coming from your monitor, has screws like this one (pic related) but they are too long to allow you to connect the VGA (from monitor) to the adapter (OP's pic)?
>>
File: 24008[1].jpg (22KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
24008[1].jpg
22KB, 400x350px
Sorry for shitposting so much, but hopefully we'll resolve OP's issue...

I think OP has the retention screw holes that are normally left with the motherboard / graphics card port, stuck to his VGA cable.

These little f*ckers, pictured, often come out of the back of the computer with the VGA cable when you unscrew it, leaving a 'bolt' that is 'too long' to plug into a newly installed card, that already has those parts in place.
>>
>>51431710
The adapter fits into the video card, it's a problem with my monitors cable, I think I've figured it out.
>>
>>51431836
Okay, well if the part of the old card / mobo is stuck to the end of the cable, you just gotta unscrew it...

No additional adapters required.
>>
>>51431817
This is the exact problem I "just figured out."
>>
>>51431866
Got them off, thanks man.
>>
File: download.jpg (2KB, 127x164px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
2KB, 127x164px
>>51431868
Yeah, the cable will look like this, picture related, if the screws got stuck to it... sorry for the shit quality, only one I could find on Google.
>>
>>51431897
You're welcome.
<insert GI-Joe> THE MORE YOU KNOW.... </GI-Joe>
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.