[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If all operating systems are shit, why don't we just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: V3NxB_M-isoZ.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (63KB, 590x404px) Image search: [Google]
V3NxB_M-isoZ.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
63KB, 590x404px
If all operating systems are shit, why don't we just make our own?
>>
I agree. First, let's decide on a logo.
>>
>>51429391
this board tried multiple times and each time never made it past the logo stage.
>>
File: 1447880801281.jpg (84KB, 370x305px) Image search: [Google]
1447880801281.jpg
84KB, 370x305px
>>51429400

how about this
>>
I'll design the logo for the logo team
>>
>>51429420
do you have that vectorized?
>>
where's that logo guy?
>>
>>51429391
Every time anons try they get to a point where after months, they finally manage to set up a build system that can compile a barely functional distro and then when the real work is about to start they take a break cause they're too exhausted from all that and that's the end of the project.
>>
>>51429420
optimize this as a png.
>>
hi I'm a graphic designer with extensive experience designing company emblems, trademarks, brands, devices, figures, symbols, designs, signs, and marks. how can I help?
>>
>>51429391
Do you really want a new operating system, or do you just want a different interface for the desktop environment?
>>
>>51429444
>>51429402

Do they publish their code on a hosting site? That way others can pick up where they left off if they don't want to do it any more.

It would take a long time, but it would eventually get done.
>>
>>51429486
Operating System. We need a new source code, and new gui that hasn't really been done.
>>
>>51429482
Can you program a new init system to surpass UNIX?
>>
http://9front.org/

jordans TidOS is dead
KorbOS is gone
just contribute to 9front ffs
>>
>>51429510
You don't sound like you even know what an operating system is or like you have seen a single line of code in your life, desu.

So you want to create your own kernel? Haha, yeah, good luck with that. Not even a billion dollar company like Apple is capable of creating a decent kernel that isn't slow as shit.
>>
>>51429550
I'm tired of /g/ complaining about OS's, I haven't tried scripting, I'm here for the hardware part of /g/
>>
>>51429519

>systemd
sike
>>51429482

make a logo that says /g/os

it's final faggots we don't have time to argue
>>
What happens to lo/g/OS?
>>
>>51429573
Oh, that's good then. You can buy every piece of hardware imaginable for the coders, so they can test the new OS on all sorts of configurations.
>>
>>51429582
We start using it, developing software for it, using it in daily tasks, and all that. We film ourselves using it, and post about it on forums. Free marketing.
>>
>>51429420
Good enough, let's roll with it. Let's just set the name to be whatever that chinese cartoon is. Maybe take out some vowels like startups are doing
>>
>>51429599
kek
>>
>>51429609
I meant what happened* to it? Did they finish it? I haven't seen any threads about it in months?
>>
>>51429632
Never finished it is my guess.
>>
File: well-00004.png (125KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
well-00004.png
125KB, 256x256px
>>51429391
implying /g/ knows a thing about technology
>>
>>51429642
It's not like an operating system can ever be "finished" in any meaningful sense of the word, but I suppose that means it was never usable.
>>
>>51429666
Satanic trips checked
>>
Should we actually go through with this? If possible, we could get it in the normies eye with alluring software and normalfag programs. But how could we get this easily... why does windows do so well when everyone and their grandmother hates it?
>>
Why not just make a pre-riced Gentoo based distro instead of trying to literally develop a new OS
>>
literally every suggestion itt has been posted in /g/os threads in the past

it's like fucking groundhog day
>>
Let's call it Gentwo
>>
>>51429836
Because Normies see linux as hard to use and limited. Can we make a god-tier os everyone likes?
>>
>>51429868
Who cares about the damn normies
>>
>>51429877
Normie os = better software made for the os
>>
But my current OS does everything I need it to.
http://www.templeos.org/
>>
>>51429903
But does it check email
>>
>>51429922
It can talk to God, who cares about email.
>>
I want an OS that can do email and facebook right in the kernel and serve me relevant ads based on my interests.
>>
>>51429952
kernel botnet? kek
>>
>>51429402
>never made it past the logo stage
It's a meme you dip.

The most recent one did make it past the logo stage, they just stopped giving you guys updates on it because everybody was just shitposting. I don't know if it's still being developed, but they had an .iso you could boot from last I checked. It wasn't anywhere near usable, obviously, it was just for testing purposes.
>>
>>51429391
Because an operation system is worthless without other companies making drivers for it
>>
>>51430060
We can try to catch the attention of a larger company
>>
>>51429391
Why stop there? Let's start our own ISP!
>>
>>51429391
>CirnOS
>Lo/g/os
>et.al
>>
>>51430238
I can see it now. /b/ can be tech support
>>
>>51429618
2hOS by ZUN Microsystems
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.