[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What firewall do you use, senpai? Are there any that aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

What firewall do you use, senpai? Are there any that aren't bloatware shit and aren't bereft of features? Been using Tinywall, but it's a pain in the ass.
>>
Iptables
>>
>>51426804
Nobody cares about Shitnux.
>>
>>51426775
Comodo is the only answer. Just don't be an idiot when you install it.

Uncheck all bloat, disable telemetry and automatic and "cloud" settings.

Set the Firewall to the custom mode.

Enjoy your life as a power user with a decent piece of software instead of Tinyfagwall.
>>
My router does a pretty good job at blocking incoming connections, senpai.
>>
>>51426971
There's literally nothing wrong with TinyWall.
>>
>using anything but Windows Firewall
>>
>>51426775
Binisoft.org's windows firewall control. Acts as a frontend for windows firewall, makes it actually work and do what you tell it to do. It's like tinywall but properly done and not a redundant firewall program. Costs 5 buckaroos for a lifetime license, does everything it should do, works great.

>>51426971
>comodo
iobit-tier trash, along with everything that has chink names (qihoo antivirus and shit) or pics of smiling people on the homepage
>>
>>51427283
>Binisoft.org's windows firewall control

I might try this desu senpai. Thanks.
>>
>>51426971
>Comodo
>Proprietary
>Bloated by default
>Spyware by default
>Ambiguous automatic and 'cloud' settings

Another hopeless case.
>>
File: this.png (2KB, 256x32px) Image search: [Google]
this.png
2KB, 256x32px
>>
>>51426990
Sometimes it seems to block programs mistakenly the first time you start them. Like the first time I start the Battle.net client after logging in, it won't be able to connect to the internet, despite being whitelisted. After closing it and restarting, or simply waiting five seconds and then pressing the reconnect button, it works fine and will carry on working fine every time until next restart.
>>
File: pfsence.png (569KB, 1903x997px) Image search: [Google]
pfsence.png
569KB, 1903x997px
>>51426775
PFsence is the only true awnser.
>>
>>51428011

Sounds like PEBKAC
>>
none, it causes more problems with legitimate progrmas anyway
>>
>>51426775
software firewalls on desktop systems are snake oil
you know that, right?
>>
>>51428232
Yes, clearly there's another, secret way to add things to the whitelist which prevents this happening. Or maybe I need to spin around three times and click my heels together before launching the program?
>>
>>51428389

Couldn't hurt to try.
>>
just use a proper anti virus like avira and fuck off
>>
>>51426971
>software firewalls
>blocking anything
you guys are in such a delusion
>>
Pf desu senpai
>>
Router should be the firewall.

Seriously I work for a company that SELLS a product that has firewall features and we still position it as useful for "when you're off your home or corporate network"
>>
>>51429012
How do you set a router firewall
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.