[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit, the awk "language" makes zero fucking sense.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (12KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 236x214px
Holy shit, the awk "language" makes zero fucking sense.

It's worse than perl.
>>
Awk is both simple and awesome what the fuck are you talking about. It takes less than an hour of reading the fucking manual to understand how it works.

Compare that to a week learning a shitperative language to write 50 lines of code to process lines of text.
>>
>>51421881
I bet you're a filthy homo.
>>
Yeah. For simple stuff, use SED. If you need anything that's advanced, use Python or something. If that isn't installed on the servers, tell the sysadmin the current year and tell them to stop sleeping on the job.

awk is garbage.
>>
>>51422664
AS a sysadmin let me tell you: installing python in a free time wherever it's not essetial is
not something me or the clients yearn for.
>>
>>51422777
>PYTHON CONFIRMED MEME LANGUAGE
>>
>>51422777
what servers are you administrating that don't have python already?
>>
VPS admin.
none of our images come with Python
>>
>>51422824
if its not needed, it isn't installed.

all done for security issues. one less package to worry about. one less package to update. one less package to configure (granted python there really isn't any to configure). one less security bulletin.
>>
>>51421881
try powershell if you think awk is bad.
>>
>>51422880
No shit
>>
>>51422824
Good point I was talking rubbish.
I like awk thou, it's sometimes really handy in my line of work if you have to for example do stuff like filter out lines of sar that hold the value larger then which would be really ugly with grep.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.