[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here take the Computer Science A AP Exam? I'm at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: AP_Logo.jpg (14KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
AP_Logo.jpg
14KB, 500x290px
Anyone here take the Computer Science A AP Exam?

I'm at a school that doesn't sponsor the AP class. What is on the exam that I should know about?

What scores are required for community college credit?

What do you gain from doing well on the exam? Placement or credit?

Help me decide to spend or blow $100.
>>
Fuck if we know, go to a bookstore or library and look through a practice book or some shit like that.

And depends on uni, usually credit for a equivalent class.
>>
It's super easy, I took it 2 years ago. It's basic Java that covers methods, objects, arrays, some recursion, and that's pretty much it. If you think you still need help, you can buy an AP help book for about $50 that will show you how to get a 5 easy
>>
>>51413616
Write it all in is and say that Java is not coc compliant and not inclusive
>>
>>51413616
don't even bother, you will at best get credit for cs 1, 2. most of the friends i made in my cs dept i met in cs 1 or 2. go blow the $100 on some vidya or something.
>>
>>51414961
my point being you're not getting far enough ahead with the credit you could get from having that ap score for it really to be worth it.
>>
Taking AP Computer Science right now at my High School, depending where you live can determine if it counts as a credit. I live in Illinois where you need at least a 3 to count as a credit for majority of the colleges here. This book should cover what is in the test. http://www.amazon.com/Java-Software-Solutions-Computer-Science/dp/0201882590/
>>
Took it last year, all Java, pretty easy. It's mostly understanding program structure. For example, they give you a class that inherits from another class, you have to figure out what properties it has.
>>
>>51413616
Do you know how arrays work! Do you know what a loop is? Congratulations enjoy the 5
>>
literally just needed loops/conditionals, and arrays
>>
At least take AP Computer Science B, since it's actually ``difficult".
My class did all kinds of crap. Algorithms, graphics, interfaces. All the standard programming stuff you'll learn in university until the programming aspect of the CS major start focusing entirely on algorithms and some design patterns.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.