[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently switched over to Fedora, and I'm blown away.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: fedora.png (12KB, 600x182px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.png
12KB, 600x182px
I recently switched over to Fedora, and I'm blown away.
It is by the far the best distro right now for getting shit done.
>>
>>51401629
>getting shit done
>implying linux isn't a toilet to begin with
>>
>>51401647
by this analogy, windows is a

designated shitting street?
>>
>>51401664
/thread
>>
>>51401629
>getting shit done
Sure, after you've dicked around setting up RPMFusion and installing all the packages they refuse to keep in their repos. While you're doing that I'm actually getting shit done on Debian testing.
>>
fedora is shit
>>
>>51401629
/tips
m'lady
>>
>>51401664

Weak
>>
>>51401718
After you get that out of the way though, it really is a nice distro.
I recommend it more than Ubuntu.
>>
File: 2032.jpg (42KB, 576x386px) Image search: [Google]
2032.jpg
42KB, 576x386px
>>51401629
i dont like it because of no non-free policy, fuck installing everything from shady repos
>>
It's junk. You'll be singing a completely different tune after your package manager fucks up its own database all by itself with literally no way to fix it. Or when you decide to update to the new major fedora version, which basically does the same thing to your packages. And that's just the package management problems, Fedora will give you many more. You're an unpaid beta tester for RedHat and you're not even getting all the latest shit in a timely manner.

You're a memeing retard if you use anything but Debian or any of its derivatives for getting shit done. At the very least, use Arch instead of Fedora if you want all the recent software versions. It's actually much better than this crap ass distro.
>>
File: download.gif (48KB, 243x400px) Image search: [Google]
download.gif
48KB, 243x400px
>>51403350
But what if its the real slim shady? Wouldn't that be acceptable?
>>
>>51403386
only when she is blonde
>>
>>51401629
thats until you get to the actual fedora community.
man fuck those guys. all that redhat circlejerking.

>sushi counts as steak.
what a wonderful world.
>>
Eh, I don't think so.
It's alright if all the packages (or the version) you need are in the official repos, otherwise it's pretty bothersome.
I switched to arch recently and pacman and the repo is great.
>>
>>51403363
I've set up my system on Fedora 17. Now I'm running Fedora 23 on that exact same install.

What you're referring to is: beeing unfamiliar with a system.

And you can't tell me that debian/ubuntu, openSuse, arch never had problems with upgrades.
All you got to do is not upgrade on the first day possible.
>>
>>51403363
>use Arch instead of Fedora if you want all the recent software versions. It's actually much better than this crap ass distro.
>pacman -Syu
>everything breaks

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHA
>>
>>51403488
that never happens, faggot
>>
>>51403488
>pacman -Syu
>everything breaks
alas, if you failed at installing and configuring arch is no ones fault but yours
>>
>>51403431
I used Fedora from 8th to 18th or something version. There was never a time where that shitty distro was able to do a clean distro version upgrade. I'd bet money they still can't do it. Never on the first day? Don't bullshit me kid. There isn't a safe window where you can dist upgrade this crap.

Yeah, I'm totally not familiar with Linux. I'm sure a simple, argument-less yum update command on some random day causing total package database corruption and an inability to resolve any dependency is my fault. Badly planner updates to shit like glibc breaking the dependencies of every single fucking package on my system are my fault too.

Christ I'm happy I put this shitty distro behind me. It's literally made by fuckups.

>>51403488
Except that pretty much never happens. When it does, the Arch guys have already foreseen it, unlike these Fedora faggots. They put up a warning on the news about the breaking changes, give you the context necessary and tell you how to fix things and make everything stable again. But really, nothing happens 90% of the time. You people gotta stop memeing about shit you don't about.

Quite frankly Arch Linux is the distro that gave me the least amount of trouble out of all of them. If I were to install Linux again, it'd be my first choice.
>>
File: 1429177114622.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1429177114622.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>51401629
>getting shit done
>gannooo+loooonix
whatever you say NEET
>>
>>51403513
Yes it does, faggot
>>51403554
>>51403665
Lmaooo enjoy spending your entire day fixing your shit you autists, some people have a job :^)
>>
>>51401647
>>51403727
>I have absolutely no idea how to use linux or it won't play my vidya therefore nothing can be done on it
>>
I've used Fedora since redhat 6 (off and on). I got into it during college.

It does indeed fall into dependency hell from time to time, dnf is way better than yum but it still needs improvement.

To me it seems the main cause is removing things, it likes to uninstall too much stuff.
>>
>>51401718
There's a package called Fedy that allows you to do exactly that with a few clicks.
>>
>>51401718
>installing all the packages they refuse to keep in their repos
like what?
>>
>>51404507
>like what?
Can't play mp3 files for example.
>>
>>51403665
>nothing happens 90% of the time
more like 99.99% of the time senpai, I've had an Arch installation run smoothly for a few months until *I* messed with its xorg settings and broke it badly.
>>
>>51403513
toon plz
>>
>>51403727

Enjoy coding enterprise java in eclipse :^)
>>
Fedora is not reliable
but enjoy while everything works
>>
I've used it for a couple of years and it's been flawless.
>>
>>51401629
*tips fedora and vapes away*
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.