[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /g/ full of shills? What's wrong if someone likes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1446827685626s.jpg (3KB, 125x86px) Image search: [Google]
1446827685626s.jpg
3KB, 125x86px
Why is /g/ full of shills? What's wrong if someone likes a product that you don't like?
>>
>>51398086
There's absolutely nothing wrong at it

Sponsored by Microsoft™ Windows™ 10™ Powered by Microsoft™ DirectX™ 12™
>>
>>51398122
I do use Windows, but I'm not sponsored by anyone. I highly doubt that anyone shilling is actually sponsored
>>
>product

There is your first problem shill.
>>
>>51398170
Do you even understand what "shilling" means? Because I'm pretty sure you don't.
>>
>>51398086
there's very clearly marketuer faggots here.

>every thread has tonnes of faggots regurgitating the same faggotry constantly
>get an i5! get an ssd! get a 970!
>then they turn around and say install gentoo!
like they're obviously trlling, but dipshits still give shitty companies who deserve to be boycott and sued into the ground their money based on these idiots advice.
>>
>>51398265
Being an apple fanboy is being shill
>>
File: 1442659624060.gif (46KB, 272x220px) Image search: [Google]
1442659624060.gif
46KB, 272x220px
>>51398086
It triggers their ass burgers
>>
>>51398086
Man just use the shit you like. People on this board see something they don't like and unleash the full power of their autism.
>>
>>51398288
Recommending a 970 is stupid. And this is coming from someone who fell into this meme and had two in sli.

The 3.5gb gate is real. If you can get over the the trolls a 390 is a MUCH better solution. Generally cheaper, faster in most benchmarks, and you know its true to its specs.

And I'm no amd shill. Posted on my 6700k - 980 ti machine.
>>
>>51398331
Thanks man, I worked really hard for many hours for my stuff and then come on here and see people talking shit on it even though it works great.
>>
>>51398341
lmao
yet every other thread being spammed here is "help me build!" then the thread gets spammed with sacks of shits saying
>"BUY INTEL! BUY 970! IGNORE THE GUY SAYING NVIDIA DRIVERS HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO BREAK GPUS!!! DON'T GET AMD! INTEL PERFORMS THE SAME BUT COSTS THREE TIMES AS MUCH!!!! INTEL EVEN GOES OUT OF THEIR WAY TO LOCK THEIR MULTIPLIERS FORCING YOU TO PAY JUST TO OVERCLOCK!!! INTEL FOR LIFE!!!! SWEET INTEL COCK!!!"

god i miss the days when every shilling shithead thread got spammed with nothing other than
>install gentoo
>>
File: 1447328312519.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447328312519.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
Its nothing wrong with it.
If everyone used same shit, we all would be like Apple sheep's. Next time you see a mad shill trying to spread his sheep propaganda, you know he is just one of those stupid brains that don't know any better. There is no reason to argue or care about their aggressive shilling, just use what you think is best for yourself and be happy. >>51398086
>>
>>51398994
>There is no reason to argue or care about their aggressive shilling
except for when they convince people to give shitty companies money..

perpetuating shit marketing tactics and stagnating the market with SHIT.
>>
I recently have seen lots of osx shills. Not really any windows people
>>
File: k keep me posted.jpg (41KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
k keep me posted.jpg
41KB, 360x360px
>>51398086
K.. KEEP ME POSTED
>>
>>51399125
What?
>>
>>51398086
this is literally just a containment board, here to distract people from /pol/ before they get to /a/
>>
It gives them a sense of meaning in there otherwise pathetic lives
>>
>>51399144
new ebin maymay, you dip
>>
Welcome to 4chan.
Join the hivemind, embrace the autism.
>>
>>51399111
So you're trying to give shitty companies money
>>
>>51398086
>Why is /g/ full of shills?
Pal, it's now 2015. If you're the EVP of Marketing at a Fortune 500 company, and you don't have at least a couple of outside "reputation management" firms launching swarms of curry shills to spout online astroturf nonsense about how your latest USB cable is "life changing"...well, you can pretty much expect to lose your job.

>What's wrong if someone likes a product that you don't like?
Please see the above. Is the other person who likes their product a true fan, or just a shill? Are they trying to deceive me? Are they part of a coordinated psyops campaign to distort my perception of a terrible product? Is their scathing personal criticism of my chosen product genuine, or are they being paid to do it? How shitty and fake has online discussion become with these constant suspicions in mind?

tl;dr The internet sucks now, its become an echo chamber full of shills and carnival barkers, don't believe anything you see.
>>
>>51398086
You can't shill for free software. Beside releasing humanity from slavery and backdoors, what else do you gain?
>>
>>51400852
mpv shills say otherwise
>>
>>51400865
What do they gain from guiding people away from shitty codec packs?
>>
>>51400852

This. I would also add, if you were once amongst the enslaved, it will add a certain passion to your fight against technology that emphasizes propaganda and style over substance and freedom.

Well met my friend. So few realize how serious this shit has become. We are skipping and laughing to our fate...planetary surveillance.
>>
>>51400899
Same thing Apple shills got.
>Mac's the best because nobody uses it! So everyone should be using it!
>>
>>51401022
Apple shills get paid. mpv "shills" get nothing but a larger community. I don't see your point.
>>
>>51401151
Apple shills only get paid by a boost to their ego in having shilled people away from the superior system, same as mpv shills.
>>
this board is meme cancer.

people here actually believe that a chrome book is better than a macbook.
>>
>>51401244
Apple/Microsoft shills don't have an ego, that's what brainwashing does to you. mpv users do it out of altruism.
>>
>>51401290
>shilling people away from a free and open source program with superior ordered chapter support, superior deinterlacing, superior functionality, and no retarded OSD
>altruism
>>
>>51401315
>free and open source
>needs shady closed Russian plugins to do anything useful
>superior ordered chapter support
Nobody cares.
>superior deinterlacing, superior functionality, and no retarded OSD
Looks like you haven't been keeping up with development.
>>
>>51401387
>shilling this hard
>"altruism"
>>
That's the whole point of 4chan you fucking idiot
Nothing is wrong with it obviously, this whole board is just about neckbeards trying to shittalk everything so newfags fall for the memes
>>
Because people define themselves with the brands they buy
>>
>>51401608
The brands someone buys also reflect the logic that went into the purchases. Their "shilling" can also reflect their experiences.
I bought a Sunbeam PSU. Didn't do any research. It was 800W and cheap. It caught on fire.
I now have an Antec PSU. No fires.
I'm liking this Antec thing better.
(Though the Sunbeam thing did end up working out for me in a weird, 6 year arc)
>>
I'm fine with other people liking things i don't like. A lot of the arguments on here are like this though:

Anon A: Hurr but product X is better for photographers!

Anon B: But product Y is better at Autocad!

Anon A: But you can't code on product Y!

etc.

It's all based on an imaginary user who does absolutely everything on their device.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.