[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: 1447128025400.jpg (155KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1447128025400.jpg
155KB, 1080x1080px
All it takes is one stray servo misfire to fuck up your disk drives permanently.
All it takes is one tiny bug in your SSD controller firmware to royally fuck up your filesystem.
And all it takes is one stray cosmic ray flipping a random RAM bit in your uncommited write buffer for all your data to come crashing down!

You've been making regular backups, right anon?
>>
>>51397494
Yes.

Should I make backups of my external hard drives as well? But where would I put them, onto more external hard drives?
>>
No Hachikuji, I didn't.
All I need is in my Steam Library anyway :^)
>>
i put my laptop in my bag while it's still running. How fucked am I?
>>
I got into making monthly backups after I realized how nice bash scripts are.
I have a backup.sh on all my systems that mounts my home server and tarballs my folders to an external drive.
On the home server itself, I have another script that mounts my various paid VPSes with sshfs and makes backups of their filesystems.
On my windows machine, I do the backup through cygwin.

>>51397553
i hope you have an SSD in there
>>
>>51397494
I've been putting it off for years. What software should I use? I'd need versioning, encryption and par2 support.
>>
I have 4TB of data in a software RAID of USB disks. People told me that's dangerous so I bought a 4TB hard drive to rsync the important stuff (anime collection) onto.

Nothing's gone wrong yet though, so maybe i'll just add the backup hard drive to the RAID...
>>
>>51397704
is this show really about the personifications of a recommendation engine?
>>
>>51397494
My upload is too slow for online backups. I've done the math, and it'd take approximately 2 years of non-stop uploading at my full speed to finish.

I think it's much more easy to just replace a dead drive in my RAID,so really, the only chance of failure is if someone steals my entire raid or my apartment gets destroyed.
>>
Veeam B&R backing up the ESXi VMs to am on-site NAS, which holds 2 weeks worth of backups, and replicates all the data offsite

I'm good.
>>
nothing in my pc is worth backing it up
>>
File: zooolandergiphy.gif (1021KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
zooolandergiphy.gif
1021KB, 500x213px
I'm trying to fix a company's server, currently. RAID 5 with 3 300s. Drive goes down. Replaced. Second failure on rebuild. No backup. Blank check.
>>
>>51397775
Yes, and #3 is a qt trap boy too.
>>
>>51398882
>draw a girl
>call it a boy
BRAVO
>>
>>51397494
Regular backup are for cowards who are too afraid to live life on the edge.
>>
>>51398923
But its not a girl anon!
>>
>>51398953
but it looks like a girl, and acts like a girl, and probably iis voiced by one too
>>
I have 4 1tb dives in raid 10 using a dedicated hardware controller. The 2tb actual useable space is backed up to an external 2tb that is only every turned on for just that. Backups. When the raid array gets full, I'll make the 2tB external an internal storage drive and buy a 4tb hdd and make that the backup.

I also have 3 ssds , and a 750gb hdd that is always empty because it s for nothing but work space. Ssds are for boot and games. All of which saved games are on the cloud.

>was thinking of making the 4 1tb drives independent again and just buying a 6tb drive for backup.
>dem sustained 275mB/s writes though
>>
>implying I have anything worthwhile to backup
>>
I have a machine that backs up everything of importance on my desktop with an rsync script. I run it once a week or so, or after I spend a lot of time reorganizing files or something. I keep some other backups of really important stuff, mainly my keepass database. I have some discs burned with photos I'd prefer not to lose, too.

the main problem is that all these things are in the same house. I'm considering signing up for some cloud service so I could at least have my passwords backed up off-site.

>>51398953
stop being gay and then stop being lewd
>>
File: edward.jpg (32KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
edward.jpg
32KB, 750x563px
>>51398964
>probably iis voiced by one too
That's not remarkable though. Lots of boys are voiced by women. This one for example.
>>
>>51399172
My point is that there was no real reason to call him male except to pander to trapfags.
>>
File: 1437609780243.jpg (50KB, 616x533px) Image search: [Google]
1437609780243.jpg
50KB, 616x533px
>>51399156
>traps are gay

Shut up nerd.
>>
>>51397494
You only live once nigga.
>>
My waifu's pics are backed up on DVD.
I should get to backing up my Miku concerts, too.
>>
Ur mom backs up on my dick fgt
>>
>>51399573
I've always wanted a younger brother.
>>
>>51397494
What's in the backpack /g/?
>>
>>51401062
Snails and Snail accessories.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.