[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SONY PSP: Magic Memory Stick update ??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 5.00 M33 Pandora Mode.png (59KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
5.00 M33 Pandora Mode.png
59KB, 480x272px
is it possible to take a existing pandora/magic memory stick with 5.00 M33 CFW and update it to 6.60 PRO CFW ??.
>>
it must be possible
>>
>>51392884
here's what I did when my PSP got bricked from the CFW uninstall fucking up
>install OFW 5.00 from magic memory stick
>update to OFW 6.60
>install 6.60PRO CFW
easiest, least likely to break solution

if shit goes wrong, you have a magic memory stick and can just try again
>>
>>51393278
That is not my problem, but thanks anyway :-D. My PSP is already updated to 6.60 PRO CFW.
Now i just want to update the magic memory stick with 6.60 PRO CFW
>>
>>51393546
You don't need that
The lfcw installer is signed, you just run it like any other game
No fuckery involved
>>
I haven't been keeping up with the PSP scene for a looong time, so what's the point in updating to this 6.60 pro thingy? My PSP has been running 5.50 GEN-D3 for years without any issues

Had 5.00 M33 before that and some CFW based on 3.71 before that
>>
>>51393888
i dont need it. Bout it would be nice to have :D.
lets say i got a bricked PSP then i dont have to unbrick it to 5.00 M33, then update to original FW and then 6.60 PRO CFW
>>
>>51394010
You literally can't brick it
It isn't a permanent cfw, it goes away when you reboot and you just run the installer again
>>
>>51393900
I did it to test it out and because it is the newest CFW. newer games that require higher firmware wont work on older firmware
>>
>>51394022
i made it permanent
>>
>>51394057
Seems kind of useless desu
Risk of bricking just to save 15 seconds when you reboot
>>
>>51394079
i did not do it to save 15 seconds. i just wanted it to be "Real CFW". what is the problem making it permanent ??
>>
>>51394114
Exactly what I said, it's pretty useless when reloading it is so trivial
>>
>>51394048
>newer games

They're still making PSP games?
>>
>>51394511
And PlayStation 2.
Platform(s)
>Android
>iOS
>Windows Phone 8
>Java ME
>Nintendo 3DS
>PlayStation 2
>PlayStation 3
>PlayStation 4
>PlayStation Portable
>PlayStation Vita
>Wii
>Microsoft Windows
>Xbox 360
>Xbox One
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_14
>>
>>51392884
I remember when you had to make a pandoras battery and actually open it up and cut a connection off to get CFW on a PSP.
What did that actually do? How did doing that to the battery effect what you could do with the software?
>>
File: 3413942598599575406.png (90KB, 704x412px) Image search: [Google]
3413942598599575406.png
90KB, 704x412px
>>51395567
I never did it myself, but reading up on it, I always thought that you did that cause there was some sort of validation chip or something hidden in the battery.

Sneaky japs are sneaky
>>
>>51392884
Magic memory sticks were made by DA when he left so did the tool. I believe pro has a write up on how to make one in their repo, but it's a bit pointless when you can just update to 6.60 and then install the real deal CFW no problem had.
>>
>>51392884
>hello, the year is 2007
>>
>>51395677
i got that picture from google :D
>>
ill try this tomorrow

CyanogenMod Menu/GUI for PSP
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2782864
>>
>>51395567
>I remember when you had to make a pandoras battery and actually open it up and cut a connection off to get CFW on a PSP

FALSE
i'm sorry if you killed a battery like that

you re-flash the battery's epromm (a "feature" later removed from motherboards)

If the console notices the non-normal data, it attempts to boot from a magical partition on the memory stick.

The memory stick was floating around the world about 2-3 years before anyone figured out how to boot it. (left in console after a factory service visit)

and IIRC its literally because someones battery died while they were dicking with it.

If you re-flashed the battery you could use it again after you downgraded by reflashing anything not null to the battery.

Otherwise you were stuck with a battery only good for pandora mode

was honestly some extremely clever shit
>>
>>51396259
As far as I remember you couldn't create a Pandora battery with a normal psp you had to use one with a cfw installed.

What he said is actually correct, on some fat models you were able to cut a connector and make it Pandora without any other shit needed than a scalpel. I was smart enough to cut it and lit a small switch on it. So I could turn my battery Pandora whenever I wanted to. And I flashed many psps on the go with it.
>>
>>51396379
ah ok

OHH there was also a very glitchy trick IIRC

you touched all 3 pins for a second and it semi-shorted, it would fix itself if you plugged in, but load the memory card if you didnt.
was like a 50/50 shot

Something like that, i remember downgrading my slim somehow, and i know i didnt have access to CFW as my fat bricked.
>>
>>51395567
>>51396259
>>51396379
You could soder a point on the battery that fucks with it's epromm. The epromm then triggered a special flag in the PSP to send it to factory mode which allowed you to write to the flash memory on the board, effectively rendering the PSP unbrickable. You could do a software epromm flash later that did the same, but the original way was done with hardware, and was the product of several famous modders working together over hardware/software.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.