[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

too much right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20151117_140258.jpg (99KB, 648x688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151117_140258.jpg
99KB, 648x688px
After having shit temps with the i7 4790k using corsair h110gt cooler.. i was getting 80+ Celsius degrees touching 90 using the intel stress test.

and after taking it off it looked like waay too much thernal paste, to me. at least.
what you think?
>>
Yeah, but you still shouldn't have hit 90C with a 280mm rad. Something else is likely fucked up, too.
>>
>>51391749
>intel
there's your problem
>>
>>51391864
What else is there to use that have the same perforamnce per watt and temp?

Power PC?
Cell?
ARM?
>>
all intel chips get hot if you're using avx instructions
>>
>>51391749
how does the Corsair sound when its being stressed? did you forget to plug in the pump to the board? I did this on my 4690k and H80i, plugged the pump into the board and replaced the thermal paste and it idles in the low 40s at 4.5 GHz at 1.21V
>>
>>51391864
Nobody asked you, memefag.

Clean both the cooler and CPU off and put a grain-of-rice worth on the CPU before reapplying the cooler. Make sure the pump on the cooler is operating when you power it on.
>>
>he fell for the AiO meme
>>
Too much thermal paste, clean it and reapply.

Also check the voltage of the chip.
>>
>>51391749
that really does seem like too much

maybe it was preventing the heat sink from having good contact?
>>
>>51391749
well i cleaned it off nice and good and applied Arctic mx 4 and made sure it sits nice. idle temp got few degrees lower not much change there and shouldn't be, did the test and highest it went to was 62°C.

cant complain.
>>
>>51392220
I´ve got the 4790k too 1,25vcore and 4,4 with turbo no oc.
And dont get temps higher than 52 degrees with h110i gtx check if ur pump is working properly or just rma
or how how high is ur vcore?
>>
>>51392443
>>51392443
im stock no oc as well. pump seems to be working fine so no idea really. Rather see 60 than 90.
>>
>>51391749
You need a generous, golf ball sized amount of paste.
>>
>>51393374
Yeah thats right lol
>>
>>51391749
Not really. Make sure your heatsink is properly mounted...
>>
File: corsair h100 installation 1.jpg (62KB, 745x485px) Image search: [Google]
corsair h100 installation 1.jpg
62KB, 745x485px
Make sure the back plate is the right orientation . it fits a certain way round notice the slight difference in shape in the PIC

How do I know ?
I fucked up installing my H100i and my i5 maxed at 90c. Turns out the back plate was on wrong
>>
>>51394715
yeah i did check i can see how someone can fuck that up. im now hitting max around 62c other anon said thats still high, any opinions on that?
>>
>>51394906
No, 62c max with that cooler is good. Exactly what you should expect.
>>
What I do is use a paintbrush to spread my paste so that it is evenly spread before applying the cooler. I'm using a fucking Scythe Shuriken Rev B on an AMD processor and I only hit 48C under full load. Whenever I have to remove the cooler (benching the mobo for problems) I just use the brush to smooth out the existing paste before reapplying the cooler instead of applying to new paste. It works well.
>>
>>51391749
I was never convinced hydro was better than air for cooling. It's great for silent operation, but that's about it. Get a nice big hunk of copper / aluminum and a fan on either side.
>>
>>51395777
Thats a bad idea. If you lose a bristle and don't catch it, it's going up in flames. The pea sized dot in the center is the best way from years of experience.
>>
>>51395777
>What I do is use a paintbrush to spread my paste so that it is evenly spread before applying the cooler.

just fucking why?
>>
>>51394906
that's not high for intel
if you were using AMD, yes it'd be high considering amd runs a lot cooler.

speaking of which, living in canada.. i wish i bought intel. my room could use the extra heat.
>>
File: 1442100112132.jpg (134KB, 803x1065px) Image search: [Google]
1442100112132.jpg
134KB, 803x1065px
>>51395777
>I spread my thermal paste
Its been shown that this makes barely any difference
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.