[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's out for El Capitan. Also, Hackintosh general.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: mb-yoh.png (119KB, 913x740px) Image search: [Google]
mb-yoh.png
119KB, 913x740px
It's out for El Capitan.

Also, Hackintosh general.
>>
What's different in captain anyway

I'm planning a hackintosh and I think I'll just go with mavericks
>>
>needing multibeast
what is this, 2008?
>>
>>51390634
I have no idea how to install the bootloader otherwise. Which is also the crowd Apple is going for with their operating system, so might as well blend in like the tard I am.
>>
>>51390634
Multibeast is easy and fine you fucking sperglord.
>>
I wonder, with so many people out there using Mavericks, is it still the best thing out there or just the same thing as Windows 7 people?

I have a laptop right here and I'm trying to use some random ass .raw file on a usb stick so I can install el capitan on it. I find it hellish to do all this virtual machine nonsense so I can use multibeast.
>>
>>51390691
>>51390714
Use Clover you memesters.
>>
>>51390730
There hasn't been a full operating system debacle as big as Windows 8 in the OS X side of things. You can argue that the initial rollout for Yosemite or whatever version was weak, but I can't think of anything in OS X that was as reviled as Windows 8 was at the outset.

Besides that, OS X has a pretty well-established track "tick tock" record where one iteration (like Yosemite) introduces a bunch of new visible things like features and aesthetic changes, while the subsequent iteration cleans up underlying performance-related stuff (El Capitan did this). It's not as pronounced as Intel's Tick Tock cycle, but this is the intuitive assumption for people who're familiar with OS X.

As for OP, didn't they recommend using Clover for a while? I went to tonyxwhatever a few weeks ago to reinstall OS X on my hackintosh and they directed me on how to use Clover, and that's been running smoothly for me. What does Uni/MultiBeast offer now?
>>
>mobo onboard sound shits itself
>get sound card because I'm a fucking cheapskate
>years later I find out my hardware is mostly compatible with the system
>everything works pretty great except the fucking sound

God dammit. And I was thinking of switching there. Oh well, I need a computer upgrade soon anyways. I wonder if I could get something suitable for FO4 and hackintosh for cheap.
>>
>>51390849
Have you tried a patched AppleHDA for your specific ALC***?
>>
>>51390927
Nope, cause I'm dealing with a Xonar DG instead. Onboard doesn't work.

There were two kext files related that I tried to install on Yosemite but I couldn't get the thing to work. Well, being honest the system worked great but using Safari was laughable. Most pictures on 4chan would turn pink and have artifacts. Didn't bother checking on Chrome so it could have been Safari.
>>
>>51391000
>Nope, cause I'm dealing with a Xonar DG instead. Onboard doesn't work.
Oh shit, I'm sorry.

When I first installed El Cap, I used VoodooHDA for onboard and HDMI audio because I didn't know that patched native applehda existed. It resulted in only front inputs working and quite audible static in the speakers. I only found a way to fix it a week later.
>>
I just use Clover... is there any difference?
>>
>>51390391
I installed EL on my hacky with the post-installation tools and clover- am I missing anything?
>that feel when iMessage finally works
>>
>>51390691

clover is better.

altough i have found that unibeast isos are far more reliable.

Clover has more options once you get it going.

I will however say this. after using osx for 2 years now i suddenly realised i dont need it.

win10 just works better because of two reasons.

1. finder is absolute shit compared to explorer.
2. most applications work better and are just overall easier to use and feel faster on windows platform.

the downside to windows10 tho is that osx is about a million times prettier. and time machine is still king of backups.

you can however easily replace finder with Pathfinder, which is a hybrid of explorer and finder.
>>
Who even cares? Tonyfag is a stupid cunt and his tools suck cock and are always way too late.
Every self respecting hackintosh user uses clover as their bootloader and either installs the few needed kexts manually or uses hackintosh vietnam tool.
>>
>>51391698
>finder is absolute shit compared to explorer
I used to think so when I first started with hackintosh, but column view, tabs, quick look and other little gimmicks make OS X worth it.
>most applications work better and are just overall easier to use and feel faster on windows platform
That really depends on the applications you're using. Spotify, Transmission and iTunes (naturally) all work better than on Windows.

Windows 10 does have infinitely better window management though.
>>
steve jobs thread?

daily reminder steve jobs likes privacy, and the act of buying into apple secures that fact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39iKLwlUqBo
>>
>>51391698
>tho is that osx is about a million times prettier.
this honestly
>>
Anyone else also thinks that global menu is useless?
>>
>>51391721
>Every self respecting hackintosh user uses clover as their bootloader and either installs the few needed kexts manually
This sm
>>
>>51392041
wew lad
>>
File: 1438757555234.jpg (80KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438757555234.jpg
80KB, 479x720px
>>51390778
>no using refind
>>
>>51390391

>2015
>using multibeast

Fuck plebs!
>>
>>51391698
>2. most applications work better and are just overall easier to use and feel faster on windows platform.
besides gaymen I literally can't think of any app where this is true. Ok, maybe Chrome actually but I don't use it anyway when there's safari.
Took me a while to get used to finder and I agree that explorer has some advantages like recent items which is just way quicker and easier to find than in finder.
I wouldn't wanna miss the OS X way of installing/deinstalling apps or the spotlight search or the fact that there's no need for an antivirus program anymore.
>that windows management in OS x tho. Pls just copy windows already
>>
Can you even make a bootable El Capitan flash drive on Windows? I don't have access to a Mac and I would like to install Capitan.
>>
>>51392736
you need to dl an iso and mount it with Vmware. Then you can actually make it bootable.
>>
>>51392814
I guess I'll do that. Thanks, which bootloader should I use?
>>
>>51392814
>>51392865
Same guy, do I need hardware acceleration or something to run hackintosh?
>>
>>51392736
Just download a ready virtual machine image, open it in vmware, download el capitan app from the app store and make the bootable drive.
http://www.macbreaker.com/2015/10/install-osx-el-capitan-unibeast-hackintosh.html
>>
>>51392911
>>51392895
Thanks, now I only have this question.
>>
File: 1342693810566.jpg (10KB, 241x253px) Image search: [Google]
1342693810566.jpg
10KB, 241x253px
I asked this in the /sqt/ last night but;
How do I get os x running on a thinkpad?
I know near nothing about the process and google isn't that helpful.

From what I've gathered it makes the process a shit ton easier if you already have a mac, I do not.

Currently trying to get snow leopard on an R61 with iboot and it just keeps fucking up and giving a kernel panic, I think I may have a crap copy.
I have a fresh copy of lion, mavericks, and el capitan but google leads me to believe only snow leopard will be able to be used in my situation and that one is harder to find.

I've tried as many boot flags as I can think of and it all fails for the same reason.

halp
>>
>>51392993
get a macbook, poorfag
>>
>>51392993

well nigga first of all, i saw some place you can download the complete iso files. and then just try with -x bootflag.

kernel panics are easy to get around tho.

>>51393223

go fuck yourself dumbass,

some of us actually want our osx to have decent hardware and not some 100celcius cpus that throttle to 800mhz just by opening facebook
>>
>>51392993

found torrents of complete and usable hackintosh isos.

https://kat.cr/usearch/niresh/

the old one is probably more stable. but you should try the 10.10 first.

here is a guide with all the files needed including different isos and dmg torrents.

http://www.hackintosh.zone/downloads/download/810-nireshs-yosemite-with-amd-intel-iso-usb/

and here is a simple guide on bootflags that you can use.

http://www.hackintosh.zone/downloads/download/75-niresh-mavericks-109-with-amd-intel-usb-iso/
>>
>>51394631
Running a hackintosh on anything but a desktop pc with supported hardware is one of the most pathetic poorfag things you can do.
Seriously: get a mac if you want a laptop with os x
>written from my desktop mac/pc master race
>>
Why the fuck aint you using clover
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.